Edmonton Soundcheck

16 minutes ago, nikosgnr said:

Madagascar is the perfect song for his low/mid range voice. Really can't wait..

Same, I'm super excited.  Even if it turns out they don't play it, one thing about today's soundcheck twist that has really impressed me is the number of people who actually wouldn't mind hearing Madagascar.  And quite a good number of people who actually like CD.  

The album has copped a bashing from fans since it was released and for a long time, it's been generally 'unacceptable' to admit to liking CD.  I sense the tide of opinion turning lately, not just on this forum, but in the press, too.  I've seen a few retrospective reviews of CD that are much more favourable.  And I liked what Bumblefoot said last night about how in time, people will come to appreciate CD for what it is: really good music.  

I totally get that some fans aren't into it and they don't have to be.  It's just nice to know that CD is finally getting some love.

Just now, Axl_morris said:

Source wasn't told, but they are all new to the NITLT.

Just to clarify, the 3 other songs are old new songs, or actual new songs?

29 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah I agree. If they can stomach the humility to play Sorry, they can do this one too.

Sorry isn't about Slash though...Madagascar is very clearly about the old band while Sorry was confirmed to be about the media in a "Get in the Ring" pt. 2 sort of way.

1 minute ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Same, I'm super excited.  Even if it turns out they don't play it, one thing about today's soundcheck twist that has really impressed me is the number of people who actually wouldn't mind hearing Madagascar.  And quite a good number of people who actually like CD.  

The album has copped a bashing from fans since it was released and for a long time, it's been generally 'unacceptable' to admit to liking CD.  I sense the tide of opinion turning lately, not just on this forum, but in the press, too.  I've seen a few retrospective reviews of CD that are much more favourable.  And I liked what Bumblefoot said last night about how in time, people will come to appreciate CD for what it is: really good music.  

I totally get that some fans aren't into it and they don't have to be.  It's just nice to know that CD is finally getting some love.

Just to clarify, the 3 other songs are old new songs, or actual new songs?

No idea, probably old or covers

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Sorry isn't about Slash though...Madagascar is very clearly about the old band while Sorry was confirmed to be about the media in a "Get in the Ring" pt. 2 sort of way.

Didn't know that. I always thought it was about slash.

5 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Alternatives:

• Madagascar
  • Prostitute
  • Perfect Crime
  • You're Crazy
  • Slither

Id be down for any of those.

1 minute ago, The Real McCoy said:

They may as well replace "The Seeker" with "You're Crazy" since they're basically the same song...

I can't believe I never picked up on that, but now that I think of it, you're right. The melodies and riffs are very similar lol.

has the band ever done both of those songs on the same night?

14 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Id be down for any of those.

Well, it is written in such way that you could apply it just as easily to Slash if you felt so inclined - some lyrics are very specific to Axl/Slash feud.  I tend to think Blues SOD references Slash more so than Sorry.

7 minutes ago, Wabby said:

Wow, could they have done this to start a buzz to help ticket sales? I noticed they are selling Pit tickets half price right now

Probably not. Most of the people going to these shows don't analyze a blurred out teleprompter for 7 pages :lol:

Jk, I spent 10 min trying to match up the lyrics with the teleprompter

16 minutes ago, Wabby said:

Wow, could they have done this to start a buzz to help ticket sales? I noticed they are selling Pit tickets half price right now

Just looked at the map, the show sold very well. 

2 minutes ago, ironmt said:

Just looked at the map, the show sold very well. 

I just found it strange that the pit tickets are selling for $150 now, a week ago they were still $350 and Vancouver Friday they are still $350

Just now, Wabby said:

I just found it strange that the pit tickets are selling for $150 now, a week ago they were still $350 and Vancouver Friday they are still $350

There are still pit tickets available and they probably did reduce them just to get rid of as many as possible before show time. It's better to make some money than none at all. 

35 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Fun fact: the line in Get in the Ring (I'm...gonna...kick your ass!) is directly referenced in "Sorry", with "I'll kick your ass like I said that I would...". Surprised me as well too.

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

Fun fact: the line in Get in the Ring (I'm...gonna...kick your ass!) is directly referenced in "Sorry", with "I'll kick your ass like I said that I would...". Surprised me as well too.

Are you sure those lines aren't just coincidentally similar?

2 minutes ago, ironmt said:

There are still pit tickets available and they probably did reduce them just to get rid of as many as possible before show time. It's better to make some money than none at all. 

Ya I took a look at the map, it did sell very well, just found it funny that the Pit wouldn't sell out, was there in Seattle and it was incredible 

41 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I can't believe I never picked up on that, but now that I think of it, you're right. The melodies and riffs are very similar lol.

has the band ever done both of those songs on the same night?

Not sure. I did see them do YC at the 2012 Philly show, and it was great! It really suits Axl's current vocals!