Edmonton Soundcheck

19 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

wow what a joke... ANOTHER lie from axl's solo record that NOBODY wants to hear.  if they play a "new" song and it's a CD song everyone in the audience should turn their back to the stage.  

How is a song a 'lie' exactly? :lol:

I kinda hope they bring back Scraped, just for the lulz.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

wow what a joke... ANOTHER lie from axl's solo record that NOBODY wants to hear.  if they play a "new" song and it's a CD song everyone in the audience should turn their back to the stage.  

That's funny. Not everyone is an AFD purist 

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea nobody gives a fuck about UYI, TSI or CD, they should play AFD and Knockin' and call it a night, right? :jerkoff:

I don't think anyone would go home disappointed If they played Appetite In It's entirety along with material from UYI 1&2. 

• Like 1

Just now, ironmt said:

I don't think anyone would go home disappointed If they played Appetite In It's entirety along with material from UYI 1&2. 

^not really what my comment was about but anyway, it'd be fine to play AFD and other UYI songs from that era, if this were a different kind of reunion. But that's kind of for another thread, the short version of my would-be rant is that if this line-up only did AFD and some UYI songs I'd be kinda bummed.

And my original comment was (I thought quite obviously) aimed at the "vast overwhelming majority are AFD purists" part.

Really hope they play Madagascar just to piss off all the pathetic, whiny little appetite bitches in here. If someone in front of me turned their back to the stage during Madagascar i'd headbutt their teeth down their throat and throw them over the barrier to be carried out. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

Really hope they play Madagascar just to piss off all the pathetic, whiny little appetite bitches in here. If someone in front of me turned their back to the stage during Madagascar i'd headbutt their teeth down their throat and throw them over the barrier to be carried out. 

Pretty sure security would be dragging you out too, with the headbutting and all :lol:

But I agree in general, I want this line-up to do more CD songs. Break out If The World and IRS, please! :headbang:

Street of Dreams would be epic too if they stripped it back to a 2002 or 2006 type of version. Slash would fit it perfectly IMO.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

36 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

How is a song a 'lie' exactly? :lol:

I kinda hope they bring back Scraped, just for the lulz.

when it's sold as gnr and it's not really gnr it's a lie.  A lie axl paid expensive lawyers to enable.  

i kinda hope they add more guns songs in the set as opposed to more of axl's nonsense.  So many great deep cuts they are just ignoring to appease the crybaby singers relentless efforts to legitimize his fake gnr record.  how about they break out the acoustics, sit in a circle and do "you're crazy"?  Wouldn't THAT be fun and exciting and better than more solo record rubbish?

2 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

when it's sold as gnr and it's not really gnr it's a lie.  A lie axl paid expensive lawyers to enable.  

i kinda hope they add more guns songs in the set as opposed to more of axl's nonsense.  So many great deep cuts they are just ignoring to appease the crybaby singers relentless efforts to legitimize his fake gnr record.  how about they break out the acoustics, sit in a circle and do "you're crazy"?  Wouldn't THAT be fun and exciting and better than more solo record rubbish?

Yea, You're Crazy would be great. I made a thread like 6-8 months ago saying they should bring the acoustic set back.

As far as the line-up, for literally decades people whined that if Axl and Slash made up, they'd be happy. Obviously once it happened the AFD purists came out in full force, but y'know what? Fuck that shit. If the UYI records count as GNR, this line-up counts as GNR. And I'm pretty sure the UYI records count, so.....

12 hours ago, Amir said:

Good point; Fortus has been playing it ever since Bucket left, guess he might as well keep playing it, does a good job of it.

Yea I think maddy will replace Black hole as Fortus 1 moment to shine.

and another tribute. For Houston this time 

Edited by Top-Hatted One

49 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea nobody gives a fuck about UYI, TSI or CD, they should play AFD and Knockin' and call it a night, right? :jerkoff:

Nailed it :awesomeface:

If I had to guess one new song they'd play tonight that hasn't been played on this tour yet, I'd guess Prostitute.  Otherwise, There Was a Time

11 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Nailed it :awesomeface:

If I had to guess one new song they'd play tonight that hasn't been played on this tour yet, I'd guess Prostitute.  Otherwise, There Was a Time

I'm hoping for There Was A Time in Vancouver but I'll take any additional CD songs really. Madagascar makes sense if they're dedicating it to Houston. Prostitute is one of my favourites from CD but would the most awkward for this line-up to perform IMO.

2 hours ago, Andy14 said:

So....the video with the text was deleted from their Insta stories, the time of the post hasn't expired yet becaue the other two are still there.... :ph34r:

I'm sure that the person who had uploaded it without having noticed the teleprompter must have been given shit :popcorn:

Maybe that means there is some secret suprise after all. Or they've been reading this thread haha.