Edmonton Soundcheck

12 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

i guess i better listen to Madagascar so i recognise it, if they do play it:shrugs:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's what I'm just about to do :lol: I only listened to it once when the album first came out. 

Edited by Gold top 78
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

i guess i better listen to Madagascar so i recognise it, if they do play it:shrugs:

1 minute ago, Gold top 78 said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's what I'm just about to do :lol: I only listened to it once when the album first came out. 

Do it! :awesomeface:  Keep an open mind, this is Axl after all, so it's....an unusual song.  It's very orchestral.  Very melancholy.  You might need to play it a few times while you're doing something else to get the gist of it.  I like it.  It's not my favourite off the album, but I am really excited to hear it live with the current line up.  

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

I can't believe I never picked up on that, but now that I think of it, you're right. The melodies and riffs are very similar lol.

has the band ever done both of those songs on the same night?

My guns used to, I don't think the current lineup has.

ok i listened to Madagascar twice.My opinion is that it starts pretty good but then kinda meanders off into the MLK speech and effects that wasn't pleasing to me. If they do this song live do they still keep that in? I liked Axl's voice but i wanted more guitar and less effects.

6 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

ok i listened to Madagascar twice.My opinion is that it starts pretty good but then kinda meanders off into the MLK speech and effects that wasn't pleasing to me. If they do this song live do they still keep that in? I liked Axl's voice but i wanted more guitar and less effects.

That's more or less how I think about the song. A potentially decent song with too much effects and speech and some more guitar would be good. I hope slash gets to add something to it the way he did with the Better intro and also add his own solo. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, soon said:

Unless they've really changed up the arrangement, the video doesn't seem to show Slash playing Maddy.  So one of the other songs said to be sound checked must be what is captured in those muted clips?

Apparently 3 other songs that werent played at NITL were also played at that rehearsal, so yea

28 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

i expect it to sound like this when it gets played, but the last part after the MLK speech has some great vocal moments that I hope he hits 

2 hours ago, nikosgnr said:

Warming up. Chills. Chills. Chills.

Also hoping for Shackler's...

Have a listen to this.  Minimal effects and plenty of guitar...albeit unconventional.

29 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

17 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

That's more or less how I think about the song. A potentially decent song with too much effects and speech and some more guitar would be good. I hope slash gets to add something to it the way he did with the Better intro and also add his own solo. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

i expect it to sound like this when it gets played, but the last part after the MLK speech has some great vocal moments that I hope he hits 

Even in 2011 he used his raspy mid range... I hope he uses that voice especially for Madagascar, otherwise with falsetto, it would sound like my ass

3 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Sorry isn't about Slash though...Madagascar is very clearly about the old band while Sorry was confirmed to be about the media in a "Get in the Ring" pt. 2 sort of way.

That's actually not true. When Axl was asked about Sorry to be about Slash, he more or less avoided to agree by saying the song is not about a specific person. That could mean it's partly about Slash but also about media and managers. 

I haven't Axl's exact words in mind but that's roughly how I did understand it.

2 hours ago, Wabby said:

Ya I took a look at the map, it did sell very well, just found it funny that the Pit wouldn't sell out, was there in Seattle and it was incredible 

That Is true. Maybe with reduced prices they will get rid of them.

9 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

That's actually not true. When Axl was asked about Sorry to be about Slash, he more or less avoided to agree by saying the song is not about a specific person. That could mean it's partly about Slash but also about media and managers. 

I haven't Axl's exact words in mind but that's roughly how I did understand it.

Pretty clear he's referring to Slash as "somebody I used to know". You may be right in the sense the song was written with multiple groups or people in mind, but my original point was that Sorry was clearly not about Slash while Madagascar was, which is why they play Sorry live and wouldn't touch Madagascar in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Pretty clear he's referring to Slash as "somebody I used to know". You may be right in the sense the song was written with multiple groups or people in mind, but my original point was that Sorry was clearly not about Slash while Madagascar was, which is why they play Sorry live and wouldn't touch Madagascar in my opinion.

Slash said that too about Crucify The Dead, that the lyrics are not about Axl but clearly they are :lol:.

Anyway, I didn't know the clip you posted, and I was referring to something he said during the chats I think...

So....the video with the text was deleted from their Insta stories, the time of the post hasn't expired yet becaue the other two are still there.... :ph34r:

I'm sure that the person who had uploaded it without having noticed the teleprompter must have been given shit :popcorn:

• Sad 1