how come the pits have not been packed like in the stadiums?

the arena shows it is looking like there is alot of room in the pits, while in the stadiums they were packed in like a sardine, how come this is? also anyone have any success getting a pit at the Box Office on the day of the show

I noticed this, too having had Pit Tickets for Ottawa, TO 1 & 2. In Ottawa (stadium), both pits were packed. They were separate, but security let you pick your side, even telling me that the Duff/Fortus side had way more room when I showed up.

For both TO shows, I was in the Duff/Fortus pits and they used different coloured wristbands to control entry. At the first show, my pit had maybe 15 people in it, and I was super-happy. I overheard the security supervisor saying that this was because the checkers thought all you needed was a wristband, so most people went to the Slash side. For Night 2, it was more full in my pit - but still way more room to move than at my stadium show.

Just now, KURT19 said:

The smaller the venue, the smaller the pit.

It's a rare and elusive beast, this arena pit ticket...

More room for those lucky few!

The lucky few who buy GnR's prescalped tickets or Platinum tickets. Fuck all involved with this shady shit they have pulled with this leg of the arena tour. It has pissed a lot of people off. Especially because a select few complained and were allowed or referred to certain brokers and allowed pit tickets at face value for the show they wanted.

1 minute ago, Tourettes2400 said:

The lucky few who buy GnR's prescalped tickets or Platinum tickets. Fuck all involved with this shady shit they have pulled with this leg of the arena tour. It has pissed a lot of people off. Especially because a select few complained and were allowed or referred to certain brokers and allowed pit tickets at face value for the show they wanted.

Hey, the ticket business blows.  It cannot be anymore corrupt.  Nothing new here...

People will almost always be tricked into buying mediocre concert seats.  It's fucking exhausting, but occasionally the hunt for a prime position pays off.

Those stadium pits were huge and the tickets were fairly easy to obtain and the pricing was fair. 

This arena go-around is all about picking up the final cash.

Bc nobody wants to lineup 5 hours before a show and stand on their feet waiting to get in so they can run to the rail and proceed to stand for 4 more hours not being able to leave to get s drink!

its much nicer to have a seat. Show up 20 min before show, grab a beer, sit back relax and when the band comes on you stand up full of energy Bc you didn’t have to stand in one spot for 9 hours...pit sucks!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Bc nobody wants to lineup 5 hours before a show and stand on their feet waiting to get in so they can run to the rail and proceed to stand for 4 more hours not being able to leave to get s drink!

its much nicer to have a seat. Show up 20 min before show, grab a beer, sit back relax and when the band comes on you stand up full of energy Bc you didn’t have to stand in one spot for 9 hours...pit sucks!

the pits are almost impossible to get especially for the arenas, the stadiums they oversold and it was always packed and it ruined the concert experience in alot of cases, on the arenas it is the opposite and it is looking like they are underselling them , it has nothing to do with a lack of demand for them

It likely has to do with logistical reasons.  

First, there might be fire regulations dictating how many people can be allowed access in a small sized pit.  

Second, as the first seven or eight rows of assigned seating being allocated to expensive VIP tickets, it left little room for pits on each side.  Since there's more money in selling VIP tickets and assigned seating, this left far less room for each pit.  

I'm sure the promoter sold as many pit tickets as logistics/regulations allowed.  I don't see the promoter or band giving up money just to give people in the pit a little bit more room.  

4 hours ago, 31illusions said:

At my show pit tickets for Duff side only was $600, but just now dropped to $247 and Slash side is now available. Sounds like a stupid way to sell tickets, especially to those who don't understand the ticket game. Which I learned by reading the forum. :thumbsup:

Is there a 'Duff' side or a 'Slash' side? That's sick... Really once you've paid to get into the put it should be one price and then up to you to get whatever position you desire. This paying for a better position shit is ruining concerts, when I first started going to concerts in like '03 you literally got handed wrist bands for the pit based on who got there first and in my case I was young and small so the main crowd was too rowdy for me so security upgraded me and my older brother. 200-500 or whatever just to get closer to the stage:facepalm: I'll not be paying for anything like that, and balls to the bands taking g advantage of fans like that.

On 11/6/2017 at 10:38 PM, Tom2112 said:

Is there a 'Duff' side or a 'Slash' side? That's sick... Really once you've paid to get into the put it should be one price and then up to you to get whatever position you desire. This paying for a better position shit is ruining concerts, when I first started going to concerts in like '03 you literally got handed wrist bands for the pit based on who got there first and in my case I was young and small so the main crowd was too rowdy for me so security upgraded me and my older brother. 200-500 or whatever just to get closer to the stage:facepalm: I'll not be paying for anything like that, and balls to the bands taking g advantage of fans like that.

I believe both sides are priced the same. The Slash side just fills up quicker I guess.

I don't know how people think it is the cost.

The pits sell out instantly. Out of all the shows I tried for in presales, I only got pit for 2 and decided to not go to one in the end and was able to sell that extra ticket at a premium.

It's not cost, they are just smaller pits with lower capacities. Demand on pit tickets on the second hand market is insane and they are selling for upwards of double the price. Remember this board is not any kind of sample size of who actually attends these shows, so people here not affording them shows no connection to what the actual situation is.

1 minute ago, Stiff Competition said:

I don't know how people think it is the cost.

The pits sell out instantly. Out of all the shows I tried for in presales, I only got pit for 2 and decided to not go to one in the end and was able to sell that extra ticket at a premium.

It's not cost, they are just smaller pits with lower capacities. Demand on pit tickets on the second hand market is insane and they are selling for upwards of double the price. Remember this board is not any kind of sample size of who actually attends these shows, so people here not affording them shows no connection to what the actual situation is.

exactly, it isn't the cost, Pits are by far the most desirable location, unless you are getting the center Floors in the first couple of rows

I am guessing they are underselling them because the people who bought them probably paid these huge VIP prices and I am sure they wanted to give them a good experience , I don't think it is a fire code, as there is definitely a lot more room they can squeeze a few more bodies in, I got a Pit on a drop yesterday and man, seeing them that close with that much room to move around is an awesome experience, I can't imagine how anything is going to top it to be honest