Bohemian Rhapsody trailer released (film due Nov)

• 3 weeks later...

So the movie won't have Freddie's death in it?

I saw some more previews on AXS and it does look like Freddie is telling the band he has AIDS.

I really want to see this movie with my parents. My mom and dad are huge Queens fans.

I'm not anxious to see Freddie's death because I know how painful it will be for my parents to watch it.

Anyway, the movie looks freakin awesome!

Long live Freddie and Queen!

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Okay found out this movie is rated PG 13, so I assume we won't see any explicit sex scenes or any of Freddie's private life. How much does that suck?

I probably will still see it, but I don't think it'll do Queen or Freddie justice.

Guess it will focus mostly on Queen's music and not their private lives. Oh well.

Rated PG-13 for suggested material and drug content. So we may see Freddie do some coke. 

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 5:31 PM, Georgy Zhukov said:

Rated PG-13 for suggested material and drug content. So we may see Freddie do some coke. 

Well, most of us know Freddie led a very colorful life. Guess the movie wanted to focus more on Queen's music than his personal life.

I just hope it does Freddie and Queen justice. He was one of a kind and changed the voice of music back in the 70's.

On 10/13/2018 at 9:54 AM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, most of us know Freddie led a very colorful life. Guess the movie wanted to focus more on Queen's music than his personal life.

I just hope it does Freddie and Queen justice. He was one of a kind and changed the voice of music back in the 70's.

He wished his sex life to remain private. So his bandmates respect that. 

Aesthetically the movie looks really sharp but...

I don't know, it also looks sort of dumb and pedestrian. Some of the lines in the trailer make me roll my eyes.

There's that and Sascha Cohen's eternal comment that the Queen guys see this as a vanity project for themselves, which doomed his involvement. I get that feeling at the point in the trailer when they tell Freddie he's a legend and he tells them "we're all legends."

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I like Queen but I cannot say I have much interest in this. If you want to know Mercury just listening to the man's recordings or watch Live Aid. Why watch some naff biopic?

Biopics are generally shite.  I mean the only bands who generally get biopics are massively famous ones in which case there's loads of footage out there and documentaries that are more rewarding to watch than some two bit dramatisation.  Unless its some seminal cult band with fuck all out there about them like The Germs, their biopic had some curiosity value but bands like Queen, The Doors, The Beatles, why do you wanna watch some phoney shit some twat cooked up by reading the same kinda books you could read if you'd bother too.  Or watching the same documentaries/gigs or listening to the same albums.  The ones I like are the ones with like an 'inspired by' preface, like the movie Last Days by Gus Van Sant, because they immediately cancel out the 'well this ain't accurate' gripe so you can just enjoy it as a film.  

Queen though, fuckin' hell, there's probably miles and miles of film out there about them, documentaries, live gigs, books, a wealth of information, do Queen need a fuckin' shite film with some bucktooth bellend who looks vaguely like Freddie Mercury?  

• Like 1

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Biopics are generally shite.  I mean the only bands who generally get biopics are massively famous ones in which case there's loads of footage out there and documentaries that are more rewarding to watch than some two bit dramatisation.  Unless its some seminal cult band with fuck all out there about them like The Germs, their biopic had some curiosity value but bands like Queen, The Doors, The Beatles, why do you wanna watch some phoney shit some twat cooked up by reading the same kinda books you could read if you'd bother too.  Or watching the same documentaries/gigs or listening to the same albums.  The ones I like are the ones with like an 'inspired by' preface, like the movie Last Days by Gus Van Sant, because they immediately cancel out the 'well this ain't accurate' gripe so you can just enjoy it as a film.  

Queen though, fuckin' hell, there's probably miles and miles of film out there about them, documentaries, live gigs, books, a wealth of information, do Queen need a fuckin' shite film with some bucktooth bellend who looks vaguely like Freddie Mercury?  

I mostly agree but the one about Joy Division was good I thought.

Just now, Rovim said:

I mostly agree but the one about Joy Division was good I thought.

Yeah Control was fuckin' brilliant but that kinda fits into the thing I was talking about with The Germs (who also have a biopic) in that there ain't really a wealth of film out there about them for fans to turn to, I mean there's some, a lot of which has been bought to the fore due to the release of Control but it still ain't a lot, I mean they made two albums and were barely around long enough to become world renowned.  Control is a fantastic movie though, one of if not the best pure biopic I've ever seen, since Last Days by Gus Van Sant is hardly a pure biopic.  

On 25/07/2018 at 11:40 PM, Georgy Zhukov said:

I don't remember reading anything about a sequel. But yes the film ends in 1985 with Live Aid.

And the sequel ends 6 years later with not so live AI........

*gets coat

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Additionally, the award for lamest film moment of 2018 may go to this film. When Freddie goes in to be tested for AIDS, and is given the bad news, the film sets all this to the band’s Highlander theme, “Who Wants to Live Forever.” A directorial, musical misfire. The angelic, golden-lit lugubriousness of it is now under consideration for new camp.

Uggh. 

• Sad 1