An Open Letter To GN'R, Team Brazil, UMG and Those Who Are Ruining The Community

1 minute ago, Gunner927 said:

@Dexter is probably busy watching Westworld and doesn't know a fuckin' thing about what's going on.

Well, if he's watching Westworld he is going to be tied up for a while!  Westworld... that's what the fan community  has felt like for a few days... it might also make a great album title!

Makes you wish @Dexter would to look into this and perhaps address the issue. I'm not intested in what anyone else from the camp has to say, like it or not there is only one be all end all boss authority to anything GN'R and that would be Axl.

Regarding management and business, it seems like it's all about protecting the "brand" now. No point complaining about how this band runs their business, but it feels like they don't run anything at all anymore and passed the torch towards a bunch of crackheads who seem to live in a bubble detached from reality.

At the end of the day whatever frustation is felt by the fans comes down to lack of communication. I wonder if the band understands that this whole "internet thing" is basically their actual worldwide fanclub?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is the wrong way to go about it. An over reaction. it doesn't matter how big fans we are or how long we have stuck by the band. We are not entitled to bootleg concerts. Period. I don't also see why the camp need to look into bootlegs being deleted. No one uploading the footage owns the rights and using an excuse like "but other shows are up there" are not grounds to feel entitled to upload it for your own view count or whatever. 

Share via links, trackers for those rare shows. If the band/UMG were even thinking of releasing something, they wouldn't tell a fan forum, let's be realistic. No one at universal is sitting round a table asking about the feelings off fan forum users before making marketing decisions.

Don't want to sound negative, but that's the reality of how I interpret the situation.

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, pastortine said:

Well, if he's watching Westworld he is going to be tied up for a while!  Westworld... that's what the fan community  has felt like for a few days... it might also make a great album title!

We clearly all just walked into the wrong park. We must be in the horror-based one. We should've gone to the one where Guns never broke up and have released a new album every three years for the past twenty.

3 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

This is the wrong way to go about it. An over reaction. it doesn't matter how big fans we are or how long we have stuck by the band. We are not entitled to bootleg concerts. Period. I don't also see why the camp need to look into bootlegs being deleted. No one uploading the footage owns the rights and using an excuse like "but other shows are up there" are not grounds to feel entitled to upload it for your own view count or whatever. 

Share via links, trackers for those rare shows. If the band/UMG were even thinking of releasing something, they wouldn't tell a fan forum, let's be realistic. No one at universal is sitting round a table asking about the feelings off fan forum users before making marketing decisions.

Don't want to sound negative, but that's the reality of how I interpret the situation.

IT was clarified in the OP that this isn't about bootlegs.

• Thanks 2

The link was up on that other forum's Facebook group, but was removed after a few minutes. It sucks that the admins there don't allow their members to make up their own opinion on that matter. They threatening must stop, the above mentioned MyGNR members shouldn't fuel the fire anylonger. We should focus on getting a reply from the GNR camp, so that we have a clue, what videos can be posted and that nobody gets harmed. The overal communication between the camp and the hardcore fans must improve. 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

I think some of you have to understand that most of this is happening because of the way YouTube is setup to protect  themselves from copyright laws. This is how they deal with content. If someone has a contact inside YouTube to get this stuff pulled down immediately, it will happen as they have a staff to mitigate any potential litigation. It sucks and does no one on either side any good. I agree

I just don’t know if the band, management or label are in any position to address any of this besides to say that they never gave an order (which I would be hard pressed to believe that they did outside of UMG, as they do hire people to pull down content)

Otherwise you’re asking them to individually give permission for this stuff to be available which is unprecedented or to release it themselves which is equally troublesome on multiple levels with a band under an old recording contract.  

This isn’t the band’s fault nor is their lack of response the issue here. You’re taking about digital rights in the year 2018. They need to be adjusted and changed. Get out and call your representives to let them know the issue here. Technology has passed the way we consume media under old copyright acts. Until people demand it to be changed, the laws will stand and people will be subjected to consume media as if it were 1998 

This has gone much further than abusing the YouTube report system but I agree that a lot of legal stuff hasn't caught up with modern technology, it's causing issues all over the place.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Axl_morris said:

If families are being threatened, it's a job for the police not Fernando

You seem to be missing the point. Again; these people are saying they're acting on behalf of Fernando/TB/GN'R.

Also, I had to remove a post. As yet another reminder; we do not allow former or banned members to be discussed on the forum. Thanks.

• Like 4

Just now, alfierose said:

This has gone much further than abusing the YouTube report system but I agree that a lot of legal stuff hasn't caught up with modern technology, it's causing issues all over the place.

Threats are obviously crossing a line and should be reported and dealt with in which ever way deemed necessary. I hope that they stop and deal with the consequences. Yeah, digital rights are a can of worms right now and unfortunately it has hit and caught up to the GNR community. Hopefully someday it will all be sorted for everyone's benefit. It changes too much these days for the laws to keep up 

• Like 1

Russ, I think some people arent really understanding what this is about and maybe TB/UMG/GNR wont either. Would it be a bad idea to edit the letter and say with all words some people are threatening families on behalf of TB/GNR?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1