Melissa Interview with PeopleAsia Magazine

16 hours ago, metallex78 said:

Yep, I’m anti-female because I dislike a member of the band who dresses, styles, and acts like a member of a Japanese Pop group.

If anyone else in the band did that, I would call them out on that too. 

But please, keep telling me how me not liking what Melissa brings to the band makes me a sexist, and how I fail to see the great vision of what she’ll bring to the table of a bunch of aging old rockers.

Bring back Tracy and Roberta I say. At least they were rock n roll attitude and served a purpose...

You keep missing the point mate!

The problem with your first post isn't that you said you dislike her musical contribution. That's an opinion you're entitled to.

It's when you bring looks/gender/sexuality into it that people pretty quickly lose interest in your opinion.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

estranged piano solo

If you look at it correctly Melissa is filling the void of the third guitarist sound (replacing Bumblefoot), playing Pitman's parts, and taking on the duties that Tracy and Roberta used to do.  Dizzy is just there like he has been forever. Maybe someday Axl will give him a solo at a concert so he can show off what he really does.

7 minutes ago, Billly B said:

Maybe someday Axl will give him a solo at a concert so he can show off what he really does.

He already had his own solo spots during the concerts, like Ziggy Stardust or Baba O'Riley for example. That was from 2006 until 2014.

Edited by Sosso

20 minutes ago, Apollo said:

I don’t care who is in the band as long as Axl is on vocals. I just wish some incarnation of GnR would release new music. 

I am gonna have to agree on this.  I have nothing against anyone including Mel, I just wish they would get into a studio and fucking rock out and record it

• Like 2

the most interesting replacement for Pitman is Mellisa. in the spirit of rock n' roll. She's also a seasoned musician and a fine singer and she composes as well. didn't think she took anything away from the show or the sound of the band either.

when she first joined the band the vast majority of fans here accepted her if I remember correctly. I hope she gets to write at least 1 tune like Pitman did. it's gonna be hard to top If The World.

Also, especially for the Chinese tunes live and what Axl will maybe do in the future, a synth player was needed.

6 hours ago, Italian girl said:

I Can hardly Remember them..

I think they played on very few songs and went off stage when they werent on a song.

I can only think of Live and Let Die and Move to the City, that they played on. And then one of them on Flute for November Rain.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, soon said:

I think they played on very few songs and went off stage when they werent on a song.

I can only think of Live and Let Die and Move to the City, that they played on. And then one of them on Flute for November Rain.

Yea I think you are right, also Knockin' for sure and I think PC