Axl Rose on Looney Tunes episode w/new song

1 minute ago, donny said:

same here but i want all of it not just the song. the dialogue is not on the HQ clip :( 

yes, you are right, i  noticed it , missing Axl talking ,pity , when i see the video think was this part too, but not only the song :wacko:

36 minutes ago, Ratam said:

yes, you are right, i  noticed it , missing Axl talking ,pity , when i see the video think was this part too, but not only the song :wacko:

I know.....was bummed too.  Thought the whole clip was gonna be in HQ but I will take what I can get! And hopefully the whole HQ clip including Axl talking will show up soon! Fingers crossed! :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

I know.....was bummed too.  Thought the whole clip was gonna be in HQ but I will take what I can get! And hopefully the whole HQ clip including Axl talking will show up soon! Fingers crossed! :)

Axl talking i'm like almost many as when he sing. I hope the whole clip too :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OmarBradley said:

The GNR community is so starved for material they're celebrating a 2 minute clip of a song not written by anyone related to GNR simply because Axl has about ten unique lines on it. Nuts. Not blaming the fanbase, quite the opposite. The song is nothing special and is pretty clearly a session-written "typical classic rock song" made to accompany a children's television show.

Also:

Slash writes/records Phineas & Ferb song because his kids liked the movie. GNR COMMUNITY: SELLOUT!!! THE SONG ISN'T EVEN GOOD

Axl records fifteen lines on a song he didn't write, for Looney Tunes because he's a fucking weirdo. GNR COMMUNITY: HOLY SHIT! THIS IS AMAZING! WHEN DOES IT AIR I MUST WATCH IT LIVE!!!!

This is definitely all true but I am still happy to hear some studio vocals from the guy so its exciting for me for that reason. 

• Like 1

Axl just sounds fantastic on this. Hard to reconcile how strong he sounds here versus the NITL shows. He must actively choose the higher pitched, rasp-less sound for his own reasons. 

Would love to have a full album of him sounding like he does on Rock the Rock! 🤘

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Axl just sounds fantastic on this. Hard to reconcile how strong he sounds here versus the NITL shows. He must actively choose the higher pitched, rasp-less sound for his own reasons. 

Would love to have a full album of him sounding like he does on Rock the Rock! 🤘

He said in the China Exchange interview that it was a conscious decision - I can't for the life of me imagine why though, he must know it doesn't sound good. He even acknowledged that fans prefer the rasp.

Perhaps at his age he's saving his voice for studio recordings while he can? But then again he also said that he preferred using a clean voice when recording CD.

He might of explained further if that dude had stopped cutting him off.

Edited by Azifwekare
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

The GNR community is so starved for material they're celebrating a 2 minute clip of a song not written by anyone related to GNR simply because Axl has about ten unique lines on it. Nuts. Not blaming the fanbase, quite the opposite. The song is nothing special and is pretty clearly a session-written "typical classic rock song" made to accompany a children's television show.

Also:

Slash writes/records Phineas & Ferb song because his kids liked the movie. GNR COMMUNITY: SELLOUT!!! THE SONG ISN'T EVEN GOOD

Axl records fifteen lines on a song he didn't write, for Looney Tunes because he's a fucking weirdo. GNR COMMUNITY: HOLY SHIT! THIS IS AMAZING! WHEN DOES IT AIR I MUST WATCH IT LIVE!!!!

I would counter that this is no different than being excited to hear Axl on Angel Down.  

Yes, I am a massive GnR mark, but that does not preclude me from being a massive Axl Rose mark.  These are not mutually exclusive things.  Axl is my favorite singer of all time, I would be willing to wager he is for a great many people on these forums.  There is no magic wand waved that makes me dislike his voice if it is not singing something he wrote with Slash.

This is a new, crystal clear studio track with my favorite vocal artist of all time.  Starved or not, I would dig this.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1