Terminator - Dark Fate

46 minutes ago, Drexl said:

I know, but that's what those movies were about. Ripley has lost everything and everyone because of xenomorph. Alien 3 is really depressing, it had to be, and the ending is one of the best ever.

Yeah, I get that... like I said; good idea, but strangely executed imo. Not sure why... something about it just felt “off.” I haven’t seen it in ages so I’d have to go back and rewatch it to see if I can put my finger on it.

there’s also an “assembly cut” available publicly that people say is far superior, right? Maybe if I watch that version I’ll feel better about it.

i agree that the ending is great though! Ridley sacrificing herself was cool... too bad Alien Resurrection totally undermined that too...

On 29.05.2019 at 5:44 PM, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah, I get that... like I said; good idea, but strangely executed imo. Not sure why... something about it just felt “off.” I haven’t seen it in ages so I’d have to go back and rewatch it to see if I can put my finger on it.

there’s also an “assembly cut” available publicly that people say is far superior, right? Maybe if I watch that version I’ll feel better about it.

i agree that the ending is great though! Ridley sacrificing herself was cool... too bad Alien Resurrection totally undermined that too...

The more is not always the better. If you hate something, you'll keep hating it. ;)

Yeah, I don't acknowledge Alien Resurrection. Great cast again, but a pointless movie.

Edited by Drexl

I have a new theory about how this T6 stuff is all gonna go down. Not sure if someone here already posted something like this but:

I think the movie actually starts out in an alternate timeline where John Connor died in T2 and the T-800 lived on. I think that’s why we don’t see John in the trailer, and also why the T-800 is still alive as an old man, and also the reason for the title “darkfate.” I think Sarah and her new friends go back in time and change history to secretly create the T2 that we know.

It’s been confirmed that they’re reshooting stuff from T2 using body doubles and cgi. People thought it was just for flashbacks, but i would think that they could just use archival footage if it was really just for that.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I have a new theory about how this T6 stuff is all gonna go down. Not sure if someone here already posted something like this but:

I think the movie actually starts out in an alternate timeline where John Connor died in T2 and the T-800 lived on. I think that’s why we don’t see him in the trailer, and also why the T-800 still alive as an old man, and also the reason for the title “darkfate.” I think Sarah and her new friends go back in time and change history to secretly create the T2 that we know.

It’s been confirmed that they’re reshooting stuff from T2 using body doubles and cgi. People thought it was for just flashbacks, but i would think that they could just use archival footage if it was really just for that.

brilliant. now I will be dissapointed if the movie isn't exactly as described above

• Like 2

The plot leaks are all over the internet. You can seek them out, if you'd like. For me personally, I just couldn't wait six months to find out.

John Connor's curtain call isn't the only radical change being made to Terminator. It seems like the events of T2 really did change the nature of the future, because what remains, we won't recognize.

27 minutes ago, appetite4illusions said:

The plot leaks are all over the internet. You can seek them out, if you'd like. For me personally, I just couldn't wait six months to find out.

John Connor's curtain call isn't the only radical change being made to Terminator. It seems like the events of T2 really did change the nature of the future, because what remains, we won't recognize.

I just looked it up. Looks like they’re trying to do one of those rebootquel/ soft reboot type of things... could be good, I guess. I liked my own idea posted above better though... oh well.

There's so many elements from the poor Terminator sequels that seem to be reappearing in Dark Fate

Spoiler

1. Judgment Day shifted to a later date: T3

2. A Terminator that has a liquid metal surface and an endoskeleton underneath: T3

3. Skynet (Legion) is no longer a commercial defense network but a program created by the US military: T3

4. A hero protector that is a Hybrid (half Human/half Terminator): Terminator Salvation

5. Sarah Connor is ambushing evil Terminators as they show up naked: Terminator Genisys

6. Sarah is now independent of John: Terminator Genisys

7. Sarah has an Arnold Terminator that she works with: Terminator Genisys

8. Skynet is now called something else and has a different conceptual purpose: Terminator Genisys

9. An alternate/parallel history has replaced the Cameron mythos: Terminator Genisys

It's very interesting how there still seems to be interest in the Terminator movies. I love them, but seems the recent films are not blockbusters. Genisys only made an abysmal 89 million in the US. My friend recently asked me "Do we really need another one?" When I went to see the last film, I really only saw single middle aged guys coming out of the theater. Are we watching these films because we are hoping for something as great as T2 but never really get it? Arnold is 72 this year. Can these films continue to be a viable franchise anymore?

As I said I'm a fan because of T1 & T2. That's why I go.

7 hours ago, 31illusions said:

It's very interesting how there still seems to be interest in the Terminator movies. I love them, but seems the recent films are not blockbusters. Genisys only made an abysmal 89 million in the US. My friend recently asked me "Do we really need another one?" When I went to see the last film, I really only saw single middle aged guys coming out of the theater. Are we watching these films because we are hoping for something as great as T2 but never really get it? Arnold is 72 this year. Can these films continue to be a viable franchise anymore?

As I said I'm a fan because of T1 & T2. That's why I go.

The problem with the Terminator movies is how many times can you tell basically the same story? I mean good guy being chased by bad terminator with good guy/terminator defending them. If this franchise is ever going to be worth watching again they need to make a full on future war movie but get somebody decent to write and direct. As bad as it was, Terminator Salvation was by far the most interesting of the post T2 films. Simply because it decided to do something a little different. In the hands of somebody other than McG it could have been an awesome movie.

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 2

Sadly, I don’t think the full-on future war movie will ever happen - again.

Cameron said in an interview shortly after he got involved with this one, that he never really found the future war interesting. For him, it was something to show in vignette. It was there to remind the viewers of the consequence of failure.

Now that Cameron pretty much owns Terminatpr again, the chances of seeing a war movie are null.

Salvation really, really blew that chance. 

Its too bad, because that was the Terminator film most fans were anticipating. A future war with Christian Bale: take all my money. How could that not be stellar? Ha!

• Like 1

I don’t think a future war movie could’ve ever been all that compelling. It was always meant to just be a backdrop. Think about it; how much can you really do with a premise like “humans must shoot the robots”? That reason alone is why salvation is my least favorite, let alone all of the other things wrong with it (McG’s amateur directing, Worthington’s flat acting, Bale phoning it in, stale cinematography, horrible-looking CGI Arnold, weak plot, and so on).

as I’ve said earlier in this thread, T3 is my personal favorite out of all the post-T2 sequels, tho it’s still a shitty movie overall.

6 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I don’t think a future war movie could’ve ever been all that compelling. It was always meant to just be a backdrop. Think about it; how much can you really do with a premise like “humans must shoot the robots”? That reason alone is why salvation is my least favorite, let alone all of the other things wrong with it (McG’s amateur directing, Worthington’s flat acting, Bale phoning it in, stale cinematography, horrible-looking CGI Arnold, weak plot, and so on).

It's such a terrible move. I watched it once or twice and never again. Probably cause I can't stand Bale. It's the movie he berated a helper on set too. lol

• Like 1

T3 should have been future war based, then at the end the resistance defeat Skynet then original t-800 goes thru time followed by Kyle Reese.

the end... all wrapped up in a neat little package.

all depictions of future war in these movies bothered me since t-2.

it was never grimey enough, I like how it was depicted in T1. By the time genesys came around it looked like the resistance had gyms down in the underground.

Edited by megaguns1982

2 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

it was never grimey enough, I like how it was depicted in T1. By the time genesys came around it looked like the resistance had gyms down in the underground.

Everything about the first Terminator is perfect. One of the greatest movies ever made.

• Like 2

I get confused when they do the whole time changing thing. lol

I liked Aliens better than Alien, but the other ones weren't as good. I hated the resurrection one because I felt so sorry for the alien that they made out of Ridpley's DNA. When she rejected it, it was just so sad and when it flew out of the rocket window I almost cried. Poor thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

Yes! Edward Furlong to return to the franchise. The Trio is back! #T3

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1083675-comic-con-edward-furlong-to-return-for-terminator-dark-fate

Well we already knew that archival footage of Furlong from T2 was being repurposed for this new one. That’s probably all Cameron meant by saying Furlong is back... Either that or he has a tiny, one-line cameo at the end as an adult or something... Either way, it’s probably nothing big, I’m guessing. Would love to be proven wrong, tho! Seeing present-day Furlong actually play a substantial role in T6 would be nice, given everything he’s been through since filming T2.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Well we already knew that archival footage of Furlong from T2 was being repurposed for this new one. That’s probably all Cameron meant by saying Furlong is back... Either that or he has a tiny, one-line cameo at the end as an adult or something... Either way, it’s probably nothing big, I’m guessing. Would love to be proven wrong, tho! Seeing present-day Furlong actually play a substantial role in T6 would be nice, given everything he’s been through since filming T2.

It's more than Archival footage is being used, It says He'll be in it. No reason to doubt it.

Spoiler

A younger actor will play John Conner with CGI face replacement to look like Edward.

• Like 1

I truly thing this will be the last Terminator film, at least for many years 

Genisys did abysmal in the US but actually did okay in Asia. It was a dumb/colorful/convoluted/turn brain off for "fun" crapfest more akin to a Transformers, Pirates, or Fast and Furious film than T1 and T2.  Those movies do well overseas. This looks like a washed out, dreary, grim movie with yet another TERMINATOR IS AFTER US plot that rehashed plot points from the other bad sequels. 

Edited by ZoSoRose