State of Grace - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

Since I think Axl is infallible and my favorite artist ever, I’d feel bad giving my feedback and having him be pissed if he read it and thought, “well that’s a shit opinion to have” so if so, my apologies, Axl lol.  But yea, this song reallllly, really- similarly to Atlas- takes me back to the time period when it was likely recorded (late 90s, right? Or at least that’s what my brain thinks because of all the speculation pointing to that).  And for someone who is already stuck living in the past and would prefer to go back instead of live in the now or toward the future (kinda sounds depressing, now that I think of if haha), I’m very grateful that the song does that for me.  Reminds me of what I’d hear on the PA while being 15 and knocking around in Newbury Comics (record store, etc in New England states) on a Friday night or something.  Fuck... :/

All in all, awesome stuff :) 

4 hours ago, kever20 said:

Yes! Danzig V was a different beast, but I dig it! I would love an album of Perhaps and State of Grace.

Seriously, no?  Also reminds me of some of the songs on Disc 2 of Lost Tracks

edit: that reminds me that, it’s interesting that you hear these songs as being ones that could make an entirely unique album that sound like them- a sort of concept album, if you will- because I thought the same thing about the CD version of Riad. 

Edited by there is no dana only zool

I finally figured out what this is. It is the best of newer Queens of the Stone Age with Axl vocals. The instrumental, arrangement, guitar attack, and synths are as taken straight out of Villains or Clockwork. Then you have amazing Axl vocals (that scream from low to high singing is what Dio always aimed for but never was able to do). Just awesome. I don't know how many times I have listened to QOTSA and thought how amazing it would have been with someone like Axl on vocals. And now I know.

And as for Slash not being into this. Rubbish. Slash likes many types of music and has mentioned QOTSA quite a few times. It might not be the same music he is willing (or able) to write, but not something he wouldn't like. And he has guested on music further from his own 70-80s rock style.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Can't get over how fucking good this and Perhaps is! 2019-09-13 will go down in history as the best day in GN'R leaks history :lol:

Until next weekend :lol:...Hopefully

10 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

I don’t see Slash getting into this. It’s not really his style at all. 

Stylistically those first verses aren't too different from Beautifully Dangerous, so I guess, in my opinion, Slash could get into it :shrugs:

I think the current band could make this really swing live. And I guess vocal-wise Axl could nail this too, since the first part is in his lower register and the second is in his high register, so he wouldn't need to switch back and forth, which, again based only on my own observations, seems to be the thing that mostly likely causes hickups to his vocals.

10 hours ago, downzy said:

Let's keep this discussion focused on the topic at hand and not waste time on our favourite Disney character and when he first made an appearance.

I'm not. I'm making the perfectly valid point that it would have been awesome to hear him sing these leaks live back in 2002 live when he had the insanely powerful, clean, high screaming voice we hear on SOG, Perhaps and then obviously on IRS, Twat and Prostitute etc. If he does ever play these leaks live now they aren't gonna sound like that.