The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

“I will say GNR have been working pretty fastidiously on some killer new stuff”

I’m not sure why you are all so excited she said basically the same thing that Fortus and Slash have been saying for years. What makes you all think this is a straight up confirmation vs what band members have said in the past?

• Like 2

Just now, RussTCB said:

The ONLY reason I put more stock into what Susan says is that the last thing she said too early actually came true. All Fernando does is insult the fans, tell us something is coming soon and ask us to do his job for him. 

Apparently they don't want to give any official updates (even though Slash has mentioned a couple of times specifically that recording has been going on), so they do it through unofficial channels (reddit) and in unofficial ways (through band members' wives). But Fernando is not good at all with communication and there's his bad relationship with the fans that has been building up for a long time, so he blows it.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

I’m not sure why you are all so excited she said basically the same thing that Fortus and Slash have been saying for years. What makes you all think this is a straight up confirmation vs what band members have said in the past?

I Agree

1 minute ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

As mentioned several times already, the difference between Fernando, Slash and Fortus is that things Susan has said have actually happened. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

Just listened to the whole episode. It's a really enjoyable listen, Susan is really likable. 

After she talked about the album, she followed it up with, "I want to spread good news, but not detailed news. Hopefully that'll put a spring in y'all's step." 

...can we appoint her GN'R manager? She's awesome. 

I would be down for that. She seems like she actually cares about the fans too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Has anything Susan has said NOT happened? 

I wonder if her statements cause frustration behind the scenes? She's certainly always the first to say anything. 

From the way she brought it up, it seems that, at least this time, it was "set up" and it didn't slip out of her.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Ok, fair point just wanted some clarification on why everyone was so pumped😂

I mean....don't get me wrong, I will never believe a new GN'R album is coming until I'm actually listening to it. However, she's the only person who's ever said anything that came true. 

3 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

I hope your right, as its a great time for new music. 

See above. Just wanna make it clear that I'm not saying this means anything much. She's just been right on the last few things as opposed to anyone else who's ever been connected with GNR lol

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

From the way she brought it up, it seems that, at least this time, it was "set up" and it didn't slip out of her.

Ok. Well that's an interesting one then. 

As others have said though, there's a huge difference between comments like this and us hearing anything. As ever, time will tell! 

• Like 1