jacdaniel

The "New Album" Thread

37 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Oh, I'm sure they'll perform again. I don't see them stopping performing at all really as long as they're all still physically capable. 

They've undoubtedly dropped the ball again and wasted a lot of time and momentum though. That's indisputable in my view. It'll be like a fire slowly dying out. 

3 minutes ago, Rovim said:

they didn't drop the ball or wasted time though. They chose to ride the nostalgia train and by doing so they've made history and a lot of money. If you have a different goal than me and you nail it but I think your goal is a waste of your time, it doesn't really mean anything. Especially if Axl doesn't mind putting off the shit that he knows will take him a long time to accomplish like new albums and instead first make the money while he still can really profit from it.

you know what I mean? when Slash returned to Gn'R in 2016, I highly doubt Axl was capable of releasing new material that he'll be satisfied with quickly enough and still accomplish what he did with the NITL tour. Maybe he'd rather not release anything at all and instead succeed in the areas where there is the most chance to succeed and still have the option to make a record that he'll be proud of by taking his time with it.

You're both right in a way, but I think they could've still released a single or something along the way. I mean they rerecorded and released soyl, they could've done Hard Skool or something and released that (before it all leaked). Or the seeker or something.

1 minute ago, MaskingApathy said:

You're both right in a way, but I think they could've still released a single or something along the way. I mean they rerecorded and released soyl, they could've done Hard Skool or something and released that (before it all leaked). Or the seeker or something.

Haha - there's no way that SOYL was rerecorded! If it was they would have 100 per cent marketed it as such! 

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Haha - there's no way that SOYL was rerecorded! If it was they would have 100 per cent marketed it as such! 

No, we're not talking about this again.

• Haha 1

Just now, MaskingApathy said:

No, we're not talking about this again.

Nope. So we'll go with what the sleeve notes and official GNR line is right? Which is that it isn't rerecorded. 

Otherwise it's just speculation that it might be. 

So Doug Goldstein was on the Appetite 4 Distortion podcast unexpectedly. They talked about a myriad of things, but as far as new album stuff, his suggestion was to release an EP, tour it, then halfway through the tour, release another, just to give new life to the tour. He said, "If I was in a position of authority, which I'm not, that's what I would do." 

Thoughts? 

6 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

So Doug Goldstein was on the Appetite 4 Distortion podcast unexpectedly. They talked about a myriad of things, but as far as new album stuff, his suggestion was to release an EP, tour it, then halfway through the tour, release another, just to give new life to the tour. He said, "If I was in a position of authority, which I'm not, that's what I would do." 

Thoughts? 

I usually don’t like him, but in this case, he’s right.

Alan Niven (who I also usually don’t like) once said that ChiDem should’ve been released as a series of EPs instead of as an album, and he was probably right about that too.

Edited by rocknroll41

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Nope. So we'll go with what the sleeve notes and official GNR line is right? Which is that it isn't rerecorded. 

Otherwise it's just speculation that it might be. 

I already posted earlier why I think it's rerecorded. According to them officially there's no rerecording on Live Era either but we know that's not true. Ultimately yeah, it's just speculation, but then clues are a little too strong here (for me anyway).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

Thoughts? 

Not a bad idea really. Anything to give a bit of new life would be great at this point. 

Just now, MaskingApathy said:

I already posted earlier why I think it's rerecorded. According to them officially there's no rerecording on Live Era either but we know that's not true. Ultimately yeah, it's just speculation, but then clues are a little too strong here (for me anyway).

That's true. The line is always pretty blurry when it comes to 're-recording' and 'altered' and all that business too. 

7 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

Thoughts? 

That would be cool.

Despite all the problems with Goldstein and Niven, I think if they were involved now then they would've pushed for new music. TB doesn't seem to care.

1 minute ago, MaskingApathy said:

That would be cool.

Despite all the problems with Goldstein and Niven, I think if they were involved now then they would've pushed for new music. TB doesn't seem to care.

He mentioned that as well. I mean, he didn’t say it like that of course, lol. He just mentioned that there’s no communication or promotion for anything they’ve got going on and that’s something that annoys him about this whole operation currently. 

• Like 3

The 'clues' about SOYL being re-recorded are weak as fuck, honestly. There's some licks that kind of sound like 'modern Slash', but that's a reach. The drums sound like Steven's playing, but the drum sound has been compressed or EQ'd or something. Axl has commented on the AFD drums sounding 'dated' so it's not surprising that they'd try to modernize certain sounds.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Shadow was NOT re-recorded. I specifically asked this question. It’s a remastered version of the original recording.

can we please end this speculation already?  

You asked who?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

Thoughts? 

I thought from certain website rumours that was supposed to be the plan?. Ep in march and new album in november this year.....

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

The problem I have with Doug Goldstein is that he took over managing the band when they already had dates booked for the Illusions tour and that tour would undoubtedly be successful - he couldn’t get Axl to do anything after that up until he was sacked. A lot of those tour cancellations etc were on his watch. 

In essence, I think he’s a gobshite. 

I think goldstein was just an enabler to axl. He could of pulled axl into line or even left managing them,  if he felt the behaviour of axl wasnt something he was willing to accept.

I think slash puts alot of the bands problems down to doug.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

Kreator ALSO just released a brand new song and a video as a surprise because of their postponed tour.

Fernando. Try to figure out already how to publish new music, ok?

32 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

Kreator ALSO just released a brand new song and a video as a surprise because of their postponed tour.

Fernando. Try to figure out already how to publish new music, ok?

It's not up to him, though. The musicians aren't idiots. Axl may be old school, but Duff and Slash are woke! F'nando may provide "advice", but it ultimately won't go against the guys' grain. 

5 minutes ago, jamillos said:

It's not up to him, though. The musicians aren't idiots. Axl may be old school, but Duff and Slash are woke! F'nando may provide "advice", but it ultimately won't go against the guys' grain. 

Yeah, I quess ure right

But Fernando probably reads these forums and know what fans want

Edited by ThePreacher

14 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

Yeah, I quess ure right

Then he must be a real sadistic prick, given he always does the opposite! :lol:

• Haha 1

In good band news, NIN has released their new album, Ghosts V-VI for free via their website.

Ghosts I-IV was released 8 months prior to Chinese Democracy in March 2008. Since that, they’ve released 3 other albums.

10 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

After an 8 year wait, Bob Dylan released brand new music today.

Make it happen GNR.

He also had studio albums out in 2015, 2016 and 2017, just of covers. Not to mention a constant stream of live and archive releases. 

3 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

Yeah, I quess ure right

Toilet paper and desinfection spray with the GnR logo?