Matt Sorum's Autobiography

5 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Cool, I’d love to read that quote

"Having stayed publicly silent so long, Rose appears to view the album as a final offering-up of his side of all his myriad battles - notably with his estranged band mates and, even more painful, with his one time fiancee, supermodel Stephanie Seymour, with whom he had an ugly split. He speaks of his desire for Seymour's son to someday be able to come across the new record. 'I hope he'll hear it when he grows up, if he ever wants to know the story, to hear the truth,' Rose says a little quietly." 

https://www.a-4-d.com/t2207-2000-02-03-rolling-stone-axl-speaks

Edited by Blackstar

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

"Having stayed publicly silent so long, Rose appears to view the album as a final offering-up of his side of all his myriad battles - notably with his estranged band mates and, even more painful, with his one time fiancee, supermodel Stephanie Seymour, with whom he had an ugly split. He speaks of his desire for Seymour's son to someday be able to come across the new record. 'I hope he'll hear it when he grows up, if he ever wants to know the story, to hear the truth,' Rose says a little quietly." 

https://www.a-4-d.com/t2207-2000-02-03-rolling-stone-axl-speaks

So what song would that have been?.....TWAT..?

13 hours ago, Nytunz said:

Axl dont want u to idolize him anyway.

But some of you are so fucking interested. judging the guys, calling them names and behave like assholes, so i guess your no better. Great moral!

There are humans behind the music, and they made the music you came to love so damn much you decided to join a internet forum, show at least some respect.

And to Quote Axl himself

Don't hail me an don't idolize the ink
Or I've failed in my attentions
Can you find the missing link
Your only validation is in living your own life
Vicarious existence is a fucking waste of time

Off topic, don't damn me is very underrated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

I don’t understand why everyone thinks the songs are about Steph Seymour, he dated women after her and could have been in a stable relationship with some chick after 1993 that went longer than 2 years.  I remember that he was with the chick from the SIDHY video.

Jennifer didn't have an ugly split with Axl. SS doesn't deserve all the hype she gets, both from Axl and gnr fans. She's just an glorified groupie. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

One strange thing is how Sorum was such a Casanova? He claims to have been touched-up by Stephanie Seymour. He claims Liz Taylor was wanting to shag him. He claims Naomi Campbell molested him. He apparently gave Sebastian Bach sex tips. Etc etc.

I am no woman but surely, for groupies, Sorum (alongside Dizzy) was basically Poundland? He was this little dumpy guy with a 1980s housewife perm! 

😂😂😂😂😂😂

I think only us UK folk will get the Poundland reference - but I like it!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

One strange thing is how Sorum was such a Casanova? He claims to have been touched-up by Stephanie Seymour. He claims Liz Taylor was wanting to shag him. He claims Naomi Campbell molested him. He apparently gave Sebastian Bach sex tips. Etc etc.

Oh come on, it's not like you know the guy... you have no way of knowing if he was charming or not. Plus he wasn't an ugly guy and he was playing in one of the biggest bands in the world at the time, is it that hard to believe he would get attention from quite a few women?

He was this little dumpy guy 

1,80 cm isn't that little, that's taller than the other guys in GnR, except for Duff.

8 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Oh come on, it's not like you know the guy... you have no way of knowing if he was charming or not. Plus he wasn't an ugly guy and he was playing in one of the biggest bands in the world at the time, is it that hard to believe he would get attention from quite a few women?

1,80 cm isn't that little, that's taller than the other guys in GnR, except for Duff.

You fancy him also?

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I am no woman but surely, for groupies, Sorum (alongside Dizzy) was basically Poundland? He was this little dumpy guy with a 1980s housewife perm! 

He's actually quite tall and also very charming and fun to be around, so I can see why he would have all the female attention.

19 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't think he expected much or anything from Slash. Based on what he says in the book, it was Duff who he put pressure on. He didn't try to call Slash and invite him to dinner.

Arlett Vereecke, who is still very close to Slash, said in an interview a couple of years ago that there were problems with Matt in VR and this is why he is not in the reunion, which can be interpreted as that Slash didn't have any interest in putting Matt's name on the table in the negotiations for the reunion. And, if Matt is to be believed, what happened with the RRHOF confirms that things haven't been good between them for quite some time, so he must have known what to expect.

Slash doesn't seem to hold grudges in the way Axl does (cutting people off completely/not talking to them), so he can be "cool" with everybody and even do the occasional jam, but it doesn't mean that he's friends with all these people (in general there are probably few people he's really close with) or he wants to be in the same band with them. On the other hand, Duff seems to create friendships more easily and this is why people expect him to stick up for them. 

What kind of problems in VR?

8 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

He's actually quite tall and also very charming and fun to be around, so I can see why he would have all the female attention.

According to google he's 1,80 cm, that's not tall either, but definitely not ''little''.

Edited by EvanG

6 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

What kind of problems in VR?

From what Arlett said - she mentioned it as an example of the kind of problems that had occurred - Matt demanded he should be given equal exposure with Slash in the videos and had made a big deal out of it.

• Like 2

Alright, I can admit Matt did one thing good in life - he taught Sebastian Bach how to tongue-punch a fart box. Kudos to you, Matty-boy, you've made some ladies very happy.

Besides, if he could teach somebody like Baz a thing or two, maybe he should write a book called "Kinky Sex for Dummies".

1 minute ago, Creed said:

Sounds fishy to me, too. Matt is 'sexy' since his VR days. But he looked like an overweight sheep in Hells Angels clothes during UYI. There is absolutely no chance either that Steph tried to seduce bloated Duff back then. Steph left Axl for an affair with Charlie Sheen in 1991. She was only into good looking or wealthy man.

No chance either? Were you there? Do you know any of these people personally? 

1 minute ago, Creed said:

34cded1512c775c656ca273fb8df6d8e.jpg

8d0a3ed908a647a0215553bebdae2cc8--guns-n

Its like Frank would tell in his bio that he was the chick magnet since 2006...come on.

What's your point? Because you don't like the way someone looks, it means someone else can't like them either?

You are making assumptions but you don't know anything about it. You shouldn't do that, it makes you look a bit silly. Just saying.

• Like 1

Duff was always the ''good looking'' one, and Matt was another one that the girls in my class fancied. The perm looks bad, depending on who you ask, but it's a by-product of the 80's, who didn't have a stupid haircut back then? The point is that just because one person doesn't like someone, doesn't mean someone else can't fancy them.

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

Duff was always the ''good looking'' one, and Matt was another one that the girls in my class fancied. The perm looks bad, depending on who you ask, but it's a by-product of the 80's, who didn't have a stupid haircut back then? The point is that just because one person doesn't like someone, doesn't mean someone else can't fancy them.

Rare Hollanders :P