Jump to content
vloors

RUMOUR via Triple M: New Album Feb/March and 2020 tour (Australia Oct/Nov)

Recommended Posts

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/eddie-mcguire-says-ac-dc-will-tour-australia-with-brian-johnson-later-this-year-154120

 

Eddie McGuire has dropped some "very strong mail" on the Hot Breakfast that AC/DC will be touring Australia with Brian Johnson and Phil Rudd later this year.

“My mail is there will be a new album released by AC/DC February, March this year, but also that AC/DC will be touring Australia October, November 2020,” Ed said.

“And after a lot of work and a lot of technical research they have been able to get a hearing aid for Brian Johnson who will be out front and even Phil Rudd might be back in the group either playing percussion or drums… with Angus (Young) they’ve got three of, well not the originals, but three of the old-timers if you like back there.

“They’ve had some changes of the journey but [it will be] Angus out front, Brian Johnson lead singing, and maybe Phil Rudd.”

2020 marks the 40-year anniversary of Brian Johnson joining the iconic Aussie hard rock band, and it's been four years since the last time he band toured with AC/DC.

He had to leave the band as he struggled with ear issues in 2016.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who is Eddie McGuire and why should he know more than all the other 'insiders' who were wrong with their assumptions so far? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

Who is Eddie McGuire and why should he know more than all the other 'insiders' who were wrong with their assumptions so far? 

As far as i know eddie isnt in the know at all. He has as far as im aware he no known public  connections to the band. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SAU3R said:

Who is Eddie McGuire and why should he know more than all the other 'insiders' who were wrong with their assumptions so far? 

His pretty high up the ranks of Australian TV and Radio. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Triple M who promotes most the rock act tours in Australia wouldnt be promoting this news everywhere and on their radio show if there was no truth behind it.

 

Edited by vloors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vloors said:

Triple M who promotes most the rock act tours in Australia wouldnt be promoting this news everywhere and on their radio show if there was no truth behind it.

I disagree, they have a track record of literally picking up any rumour and running with it. They love doing this.  

They may be a prominent station, but they are not a reliable source for confirmed plans. 

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/ac-dc-may-be-getting-ready-to-announce-a-world-tour-142848 - "Rumours are spreading that the tour will be announced next week, with Brian Johnson returning to front the band." - July 2019
Tour was not announced. 

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/new-music-from-guns-n-roses-and-ac-dc-tour-news-from-queen-and-birds-of-tokyo-and-more-135707 - "Guns N' Roses AND AC/DC confirm details of their new albums" - April 2019
No details were confirmed. 

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/brian-johnson-to-tour-with-ac-dc-again-after-tour-poster-leaks-135709 - "Brian Johnson To Tour With AC/DC Again After "Tour Poster" Leaks" - April 2019
The poster was fake. 

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/some-bloke-in-canada-reckons-acdc-are-recording-a-new-album-with-axl-rose-103931 - "Some Bloke In Canada Reckons AC/DC Are Recording A New Album With Axl Rose" - August 2018
Um. Wtf? "Some Bloke in Canada....." :lol: 

Etc.

  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/some-bloke-in-canada-reckons-acdc-are-recording-a-new-album-with-axl-rose-103931 - "Some Bloke In Canada Reckons AC/DC Are Recording A New Album With Axl Rose" - August 2018

Um. Wtf? "Some Bloke in Canada....." :lol: 

Etc.

If you read that headline in an Aussie accent, you can see how it becomes a headline. 

Use this for your phonetic approach. 
 

(I’m only comfortable making this Joke as my best mates Aussie) 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, highvoltage said:

I disagree, they have a track record of literally picking up any rumour and running with it. They love doing this.  

They may be a prominent station, but they are not a reliable source for confirmed plans. 

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/ac-dc-may-be-getting-ready-to-announce-a-world-tour-142848 - "Rumours are spreading that the tour will be announced next week, with Brian Johnson returning to front the band." - July 2019
Tour was not announced. 

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/new-music-from-guns-n-roses-and-ac-dc-tour-news-from-queen-and-birds-of-tokyo-and-more-135707 - "Guns N' Roses AND AC/DC confirm details of their new albums" - April 2019
No details were confirmed. 

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/brian-johnson-to-tour-with-ac-dc-again-after-tour-poster-leaks-135709 - "Brian Johnson To Tour With AC/DC Again After "Tour Poster" Leaks" - April 2019
The poster was fake. 

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/some-bloke-in-canada-reckons-acdc-are-recording-a-new-album-with-axl-rose-103931 - "Some Bloke In Canada Reckons AC/DC Are Recording A New Album With Axl Rose" - August 2018
Um. Wtf? "Some Bloke in Canada....." :lol: 

Etc.

These were all stories from outside sources lots of news sites picked up.

This ones the first from them directly though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's Ladbrokes got for the odds of the album being called "Back in Black II"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Amir said:

What's Ladbrokes got for the odds of the album being called "Back in Black II"?

Back T(W)O Black! :lol:... I’ll see myself out now...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, vloors said:

and even Phil Rudd might be back in the group either playing percussion or drums…

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Gibbo said:

I'd believe it

Gibbo, eddie macguire first broke the news how would he know?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Gibbo, eddie macguire first broke the news how would he know?.

He is high up the chain on radio, television and aus media.

The industry talks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been awhile since I've been hopeful for a release date, but honestly I'd say this is the last time I'm getting my hopes up. This better be it...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Gibbo, eddie macguire first broke the news how would he know?.

I don't know but I just don't think they would talk it up so much if it wasn't true. Could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they're not touring Australia until October/November they must be doing Europe/USA before that. 

They need to get this shit announced. People only have so much money for concert tickets. My diary is pretty stacked with expensive shows 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Amir said:

What's Ladbrokes got for the odds of the album being called "Back in Black II"?

 “It's like, how much more black could this be.......... And the answer is none — none more black”

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

 “It's like, how much more black could this be.......... And the answer is none — none more black”

Like a year or so ago I heard a few rumors of the album being titled "White Falcoln" which is the guitar Malcolm used to record Highway to Hell - For Those about to Rock with, and has used live a few times eventhough he mostly uses his firebird. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also just heard a interview with a fan and Malcolm from around the time of the Backtracks boxset release (2009) and Mal said before Black Ice, they signed a 2 album deal with Sony, they've done 2 records since then so maybe since then they've been negotiating a new deal.

Just now, djones1225 said:

Also just heard a interview with a fan and Malcolm from around the time of the Backtracks boxset release (2009) and Mal said before Black Ice, they signed a 2 album deal with Sony, they've done 2 records since then so maybe since then they've been negotiating a new deal.

During the time of the 2018 Vancouver photos and since then I meant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

February, huh? We'll see, we'll see, it would be cool. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope its true.  Do they normally, announce and release in that short time frame though?

And if they do/can, this gives me hope re:GNR EP rumor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

I hope its true.  Do they normally, announce and release in that short time frame though?

And if they do/can, this gives me hope re:GNR EP rumor.

No, AC/DC usually announces stuff a few months before release. Black Ice was announced and RNR Train released as a single late August for a late October release, and Rock Or Bust was announced early October for a late November release with Play Ball released as a single at the same time (Though a clip had been used in an MLB ad on TV a couple weeks prior). 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

No, AC/DC usually announces stuff a few months before release. Black Ice was announced and RNR Train released as a single late August for a late October release, and Rock Or Bust was announced early October for a late November release with Play Ball released as a single at the same time (Though a clip had been used in an MLB ad on TV a couple weeks prior). 

Thought it seemed to good to be true 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×