Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

15 minutes ago, Changes said:

Exactly, but the original poster wrote "or even Axl", which you had to interpret as comparing sole original members in GNR and it kind of implied slash could headline coachella and sell hundreds of thousand of tickets in minutes by himself without Axl's involvement which is just not true. 

That is not what I was trying to imply, I apologise

34 minutes ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

Can someone fill me in on what's going in with Izzy since he set up his twitter account?  He's reaching out to fans and making videos.  Seems odd for his more reclusive nature.

He started a twitter account to clear up some of the rumors that had been on the internet from various people saying he was in or recording music with GNR. Most didn't think it was him I think, despite Downliner (member on the forum) saying it was. Downliner used to run an Izzy Fansite called Chopaway. Then Izzy posted those 2 songs and that's all we really know so far. Maybe he's bored? It is his account for sure though and he is not involved as of when he started that account. There was also a voicemail that leaked that he left to a Rolling Stone reporter named Andy Greene where he said he didn't have any involvement. That should catch you up to where we all are at now.

Edited by Sprite
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

Can someone fill me in on what's going in with Izzy since he set up his twitter account?  He's reaching out to fans and making videos.  Seems odd for his more reclusive nature.

I don't have a solid answer for you...but I definitely felt as though he is doing just that, reaching out.  I love it, finally something really cool.  he makes it look and sound like its so easy...thanksagain izzy.  how about a little steely dan, "i don't want to do your dirty work, no more..."

1 minute ago, HOOSIER GUNZ said:

I don't have a solid answer for you...but I definitely felt as though he is doing just that, reaching out.  I love it, finally something really cool.  he makes it look and sound like its so easy...thanksagain izzy.  how about a little steely dan, "i don't want to do your dirty work, no more..."

I see what you did there.

6 hours ago, Philipm787 said:

Nah, Izzy is great, but Slash will always be the main man, exemplified by the fact they can headline Coachella and sell out stadiums upon his presence. Would that happen with Duff or Izzy or Steven or even Axl? No way.

Not really, Slash was being turned down by bands like Poison before Axl was kind enough to let him in his band.

Axl was always GNR, everyone else was just window dressing.

What about us dildos chris?

The impetus has definitely dissipated from the reunion. To me it seems like we had this big shocker with the announcement and advert then absolutely nothing! Zilch! (waits for people to say, ''the dates have sold'')

9 hours ago, T-Minus said:

Izzy was, is and always will be the best member of Guns N' Roses.  Great stuff.

I dont know where this is was the heart and soul of GNR BS came from. Look at the writing credits, Axl was responsible for writing the best songs like Estranged, NR, Breakdown, etc. And I like Izzy but Axl is king.

6 hours ago, SSHGUNS said:

I love Slash, listen to his last two albums all the time but the last two times that Guns N' Roses came to Europe, they were headlining festivals. 

I like Slash with Myles but folk are wanting to See him with Axl and thats the same with Axl, folk want to see him with Slash. 

Axl and Slash are the main two for the casual fans as  has anyone went or met anyone who dressed  as Izzy or Steven at Halloween.

I don't want to see Slash withe Axl, I want to see Axl. Id rather see Axl and Bucket actually.

29 minutes ago, P1g Vomit said:

I dont know where this is was the heart and soul of GNR BS came from. Look at the writing credits, Axl was responsible for writing the best songs like Estranged, NR, Breakdown, etc. And I like Izzy but Axl is king.

I don't want to see Slash withe Axl, I want to see Axl. Id rather see Axl and Bucket actually.

Both of your opinions are just subjective statements.

Some could argue that Dust N' Bones, 14 Years, Double Talkin' Jive, Don't Cry and Patience surpass some of the material that Axl wrote. Just as you are saying his songs surpassed Izzy's. They're just personal preferences.

As for Slash, i don't know why anyone wouldn't want to see him share the stage with Axl again. I didn't have a problem with the Chinese Democracy era, but i am looking forward to seeing Slash and Axl perform together again.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Both of your opinions are just subjective statements.

Some could argue that Dust N' Bones, 14 Years, Double Talkin' Jive, Don't Cry and Patience surpass some of the material that Axl wrote. Just as you are saying his songs surpassed Izzy's. They're just personal preferences.

32 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Except ...Don't Cry and Patience are at least as much Axl's songs as Izzy's...and notthing Izzy wrote alone has come close to the stuff Axl wrote alone. That's aside from the fact that most of Izzy's guitar stuff on UYIs is actually played by Slash. Those are facts, not subjective opinions

Edited by Nick Cobraetti

3 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Patience was mostly written by Izzy with some contributions from Axl. Don't Cry was a collaborative effort, as far as i know.

Regardless, your statement about Izzy's material not coming close to Axl's is a subjective statement. Some will prefer Axl's material. Others will prefer Izzy's. If you want to take it further, you can even go and compare some of Izzy's solo stuff with Chinese Democracy.

The fact that Slash played some of Izzy's parts doesn't really matter when the material was written by Izzy. 

In the end, i don't think it matters much. Every member of Guns N' Roses was important. The band was the sum of its parts. I do think Izzy is generally under-appreciated by many though.

As far as Patience goes, your account diifers from Duffs, and I'll leave it at that. As far as my statement about Izzy's material, your comment is fair BUT I was mainly referring to general public reception, and I don't think it's subjective at all to say November Rain and Estranged have been better received than 14 Years etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an Izzy fan and I agree that he's is generally overlooked by the mainstream audience, but I also think he's now become overestimated by some of the 'smart' fans.

7 hours ago, Sprite said:

He started a twitter account to clear up some of the rumors that had been on the internet from various people saying he was in or recording music with GNR. Most didn't think it was him I think, despite Downliner (member on the forum) saying it was. Downliner used to run an Izzy Fansite called Chopaway. Then Izzy posted those 2 songs and that's all we really know so far. Maybe he's bored? It is his account for sure though and he is not involved as of when he started that account. There was also a voicemail that leaked that he left to a Rolling Stone reporter named Andy Greene where he said he didn't have any involvement. That should catch you up to where we all are at now.

Thanks.  Pretty heartbreaking if he doesn't contribute to any possible new music in any way

Just now, Nick Cobraetti said:

As far as Patience goes, your account diifers from Duffs, and I'll leave it at that. As far as my statement about Izzy's material, your comment is fair BUT I was mainly referring to general public reception, and I don't think it's subjective at all to say November Rain and Estranged have been better received than 14 Years etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an Izzy fan and I agree that he's is generally overlooked by the mainstream audience, but I also think he's now become overestimated by some of the 'smart' fans.

Regarding Patience, i said what i've read over the years, or at least most of what i remember, lol. I remember reading somewhere that Izzy wrote the bulk of it, with Axl adding the closing parts and making some other alterations which were significant to the song...

Regardless of who wrote what in the song, i think it's a fair assumption that many GN'R songs are made better through collaborative efforts. The solo stuff of individual members are good, but the material shines much better when they collaborate.

You're right that November Rain, Estranged etc. have been better received by the audience, but i think that comes down to multiple factors, including personal tastes.

19 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

You guys that love Izzy's material over the hits are desperate to keep GNR a garage band haha 

now back to social media...is GNR the worst band of all time to follow on social media, or simply the most unpredictable train wreck you've ever witnessed? 

I don't think they are the worse, I actually like how the handle social media as it keeps the mystic but it really depends what you want from who you follow as i find it annoying when someone put everything up.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, P1g Vomit said:

Not really, Slash was being turned down by bands like Poison before Axl was kind enough to let him in his band.

Axl was always GNR, everyone else was just window dressing.

Oh yeah, so all the guns guys were famous in 1983? Get out of Axls hole you idiot

• Like 2

5 hours ago, P1g Vomit said:

Axl was responsible for writing the 'best' songs like NR & Estranged? That's because he's a greedy egotistical piece of shit who refused to give Slash the credit he deserved.

And you saying you want Axl with Fuckethead over Slash is farcical, if not delusional

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Philipm787 said:

Axl was responsible for writing the 'best' songs like NR & Estranged? That's because he's a greedy egotistical piece of shit who refused to give Slash the credit he deserved.

And you saying you want Axl with Fuckethead over Slash is farcical, if not delusional

Why would Slash get any credit? NR was around as early as 1983 before Slash was ever in the band, in fact at that time while AXL was penning Dont cry and NR, Slash was losing lead guitar auditions to CC Deville for Poison. Same goes for Estranged, all Axl.

And Buckethead>Slash anybody whos anybody knows that.

3 hours ago, Philipm787 said:

Oh yeah, so all the guns guys were famous in 1983? Get out of Axls hole you idiot

Listen up you goof, it was Axl's band. There was a Guns n Roses before Slash was let in. That version of GNR with Axl, Izzy, Duff, and Tracii would have blown up too because they already had songs like Dont cry and NR in their back pocket. Slash on the other hand wasnt even good enough for poison. Ill give him the benefit of the doubt though, maybe eventually he would have made it on to WINGER or some band like that.

Edited by P1g Vomit
  • Like 2

Dude your entire argument that "slash wasn't good enough for poison yadda yadda" is fiction, he didn't get into the band since he himself thought it was stupid they were criticizing his "choice of shoes", so he told them to fuck off. After his audition he saw CC deville with the teased hair and shit walking in and knew right away that was gonna be the guy theyre gonna hire.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1