Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Most easily pacified fan base ever. Tweet nonsense ---------> Win. I'll find this shit entertaining when I'm convinced he's not just putting in the least possible effort to get some cheap attention.

Come on, allow the man the time to post some tweets in between all that hard work: rehearsals, recordings, writing music, working-out, vocal exercises... ^_^

No, seriously, I know we all want new music, and I don't think we're all pacified, but I like hearing from him all the same.

I hear ya, and I don't want to just shit on anyone who enjoys hearing from Axl one way or the other, but I'm just so done with being played, and I'm so jaded that I really do see this as cheap publicity. Write a song? Nope. Put together a final mix of old songs? Nope. Record a verse? Nope. Go to the studio? Nope. Brisk walk on the treadmill? Nope. Practice singing so we don't have to be hearing about a cartoon mouse all year? Nope. Communicate with the fans regarding future plans for the band? Nope. Communicate with guitarist in your own fucking band about plans for the band? Nope. Tweet snide comments about a band that is currently orders of magnitude better than yours, and about fucking giraffes in Denmark, all from the comfort of your couch, with a pint of Ben & Jerry's in hand? Word.

Now, I don't know for sure that this is how it's going down, but, at this point, it's Axl who has to prove something to me. Until then, I'm gonna assume he's being the lazy shit he's been for a while. Prove me wrong. I'll happily change my tune.

• Like 1

Slash finishes his tweets with a Slash smiley - Sell out, media whore, annoying

Axl tweets about some random shit - So funny, Axl should tweet more, cum in pants.

Just saying...

You just have to laugh.

Some of these people have a huge double standard regarding musicians. Anything Axl does is awesome, anything Slash does is bad. All their decisions on any issue in the world revolve around either how it relates to Axl, or on what Axl's opinion about it is. It is funny, sad, interesting and creepy to watch - all at the same time. Makes the forum enjoyable during the years and years that go by without new music.

Slash finishes his tweets with a Slash smiley - Sell out, media whore, annoying

Axl tweets about some random shit - So funny, Axl should tweet more, cum in pants.

Just saying...

You just have to laugh.

Some of these people have a huge double standard regarding musicians. Anything Axl does is awesome, anything Slash does is bad. All their decisions on any issue in the world revolve around either how it relates to Axl, or on what Axl's opinion about it is. It is funny, sad, interesting and creepy to watch - all at the same time. Makes the forum enjoyable during the years and years that go by without new music.

Actually, your obsessive, constant use of the straw man logical fallacy is funny, sad, and truly creepy.

• Like 2

Most easily pacified fan base ever. Tweet nonsense ---------> Win. I'll find this shit entertaining when I'm convinced he's not just putting in the least possible effort to get some cheap attention.

Come on, allow the man the time to post some tweets in between all that hard work: rehearsals, recordings, writing music, working-out, vocal exercises... ^_^

No, seriously, I know we all want new music, and I don't think we're all pacified, but I like hearing from him all the same.

I hear ya, and I don't want to just shit on anyone who enjoys hearing from Axl one way or the other, but I'm just so done with being played, and I'm so jaded that I really do see this as cheap publicity. Write a song? Nope. Put together a final mix of old songs? Nope. Record a verse? Nope. Go to the studio? Nope. Brisk walk on the treadmill? Nope. Practice singing so we don't have to be hearing about a cartoon mouse all year? Nope. Communicate with the fans regarding future plans for the band? Nope. Communicate with guitarist in your own fucking band about plans for the band? Nope. Tweet snide comments about a band that is currently orders of magnitude better than yours, and about fucking giraffes in Denmark, all from the comfort of your couch, with a pint of Ben & Jerry's in hand? Word.

Now, I don't know for sure that this is how it's going down, but, at this point, it's Axl who has to prove something to me. Until then, I'm gonna assume he's being the lazy shit he's been for a while. Prove me wrong. I'll happily change my tune.

No, I understand, I was only joking. I've only been following (again) since last summer, so that's probably why I'm not fed up with it yet. I do hope that he proves you wrong though. If not, odds are that I'll be just as disillusioned as you are now.

• Like 1