Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

What the hell is with all the dumb giraffe tweets??

(and YES, I know the giraffe story)

It's a lesson in be careful what you wish for. For years people have been asking for Axl to be more open with his fans via social media...even if it was just shooting the shit. Now, he seems to be doing that and has spoken on two different subjects. What's the downside? We're getting pure unfiltered Axl without any third party like Beta filtering it. Problem is, Axl unfiltered has a tendency to be a little incoherent and frightening.

Axl Rose ‏@axlrose

Dear Director, No more Giraffables please, thank you! Ur borderless buddy, Axl.

Axl Rose ‏@axlrose

Giraffica franchises r blowin' up like dandelions! I'll take a dbl Marius Happy Meal n' a McGrib 2 go! Det hænger mig langt ud af halsen!!

:lol:

• Like 1

He's fifty fucking two, guys. How can you expect him to be hitting Twitter gold?

The giraffe thing is a current affair, and today the zoo revealed they may euthanize a second giraffe. That's why Axl is continuing to comment. Obviously I'd like him to sweet something relevant to the future of GNR, but he's not, so whatevz. :shrugs:

Edited by NGOG

He's free to tweet about whatever he wants to.

WHAT?!?! I had no idea!

Of course he is. Just as I'm free to think it's dumb.

Of course you are, but it will change absolutely nothing whining about it. Best you can accomplish is to ignore him for your own benefit, since you're the one with issues. :shrugs:

Lolwhut?

So I "have issues" because I think Axl's been tweeting dumb shit?

WHAT?!?! I had no idea!

Of course you are, but it will change absolutely nothing whining about it. Best you can accomplish is to ignore him for your own benefit, since you're the one with issues. :shrugs:

Lolwhut?

No, you don't have issues. You have issues with what he's tweeting. He doesn't give a shit if you don't like it, so your best course of action is to ignore him.

WHAT?!?! I had no idea!

Lolwhut?

No, you don't have issues. You have issues with what he's tweeting. He doesn't give a shit if you don't like it, so your best course of action is to ignore him.

Nah. I'll continue my course of posting my opinions good and bad on the subject of all things GN'R. After all, that's why we're here.

• Like 1

He doesn't give a shit if you don't like it, so your best course of action is to ignore him.

Or, he can simply comment on Axl's tweets and give his opinion? :shrugs:

And maybe people annoyed by negative opinions are the ones that should ignore the negative posters? Could they do that? Follow their own advice? I sure hope so.

Anyway, back on topic. I wish Axl would tweet something about new releases...

The 'if you don't like it, don't comment on it' line of thinking is bullshit. It's fucking everywhere, on every message board on the fucking internet. "If you don't like (blank) don't watch/listen/talk about it". Fuck that.

I agree.

If you don't like it, don't comment on it. And if you don't like my comment on it, ignore it or don't comment on my comment on it. Pretty silly.