Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

I hope this is driving axl nuts. No sympathy is deserved for any frustration at that since they have had plenty of time and opportunity, such as the kimmel cancellation, to have clarified getting back together with slash or exactly what's going on with the band. Axl and Slash could easily have appeared in kimmel, hugged, announced coachella and said "we hope to have more tour dates and exciting stuff in the future! Stay tuned!" But they didn't.. So as much as axl may not like it, if he knew how to communicate like a normal human then things like his wouldn't be an issue.

Too big of a reunion not to happen.. But still no press conference. Or interviews. Figure.

• Like 3

The only people responsible are the parties that are involved. Sure I could see people thinking that they are because they mentioned something years ago, but in reality they were not directly involved in it. We will probably never know the details behind it because it is non of our business. Enjoy the art my friends and don't worry about the details.

Saving it all for the shows. The first appearance together, talking together, explaining things, etc.

Thst's my thoughts.

I think so, too. I would personally like to see a tiny bit more transparency, though. I mean, that moment when they step on to the stage together is going to be magical, regardless. Nothing can take away from that. So I don't see the harm in them saying (for example) that Dizzy is in the band.

Guess they will have their reasons for not yet confirming the rest of the line-up. But it's weird, selling tickets without confirming the band. I know that many people won't care whole else is in, but some of us like having that kind of information. Only thing I can think of is that arrangements are still being made.

• Like 1

Saving it all for the shows. The first appearance together, talking together, explaining things, etc.

Thst's my thoughts.

I think so, too. I would personally like to see a tiny bit more transparency, though. I mean, that moment when they step on to the stage together is going to be magical, regardless. Nothing can take away from that. So I don't see the harm in them saying (for example) that Dizzy is in the band.

Guess they will have their reasons for not yet confirming the rest of the line-up. But it's weird, selling tickets without confirming the band. I know that many people won't care whole else is in, but some of us like having that kind of information. Only thing I can think of is that arrangements are still being made.

Well normally one would explain who's going to be in the band? izzys status? Stevens status? what's up with sorum? Are their plans to ever have gilby out for a couple of songs? Will they really record and release new material? Who's managing the band? Are they planning more tour dates? Will they start in the states? Will they ever hit Europe, or a South America? What about Antarctica, Metallica did that!! Lol but seriously.. There's plenty of questions there alone.

Hell, even if they can't get into that, axl and slash could still do an interview! How did they put their differences aside? How did it come about? How long have they been cool? Did duff play a role? If not, or even if he did, did anyone else play a role? What's up with durst, dice, and Tyler taking credit? Did they even have roles?

There's a hundred questions that need to be answered. There's a million more that many will want to ask. And I get that some may legally be unable to answer right now but, some other questions can be answered. Axl and slash can answer how they got back together. Things like that are frustrating.. I don't need to know adlers involvement if it isn't figured out but, since slash and duffs are confirmed, that would be nice to figure out...

• Like 1

Guns N’ Roses throw shade at Steven Tyler for taking credit for their reunion

Welcome to the Jungle, Steven

Well, that’s not exactly how Rose sees it. Tonight, he and Guns N’ Roses took to Twitter to lay a social-media smackdown on Tyler, passive-aggressively refuting his claim and thanking him for his “non-existent role” in their reunion:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/01/guns-n-roses-throw-shade-at-steven-tyler-for-taking-credit-for-their-reunion/

I don't think he's mad at Steven as much as he's mad at the media for taking comments like that and making it the truth...I mean who hasn't told Axl to reunite in the last 15 years, the list is only going to get longer.

When big wigs like Tyler/Dice talk about it openly in the media... media will print. Its probably the celebrities who are at fault... it wouldve been better to comment on it rather than say I talked to Slash/Axl/Duff.

Millions of fans/promoters/managers/friends etc. wouldve talked to Axl about it... it didnt matter to him for 20+ years... something mustve happened privately that had nothing to do with all this blabber.

I guess the subtext here is "we have sorted it out ourselves". It would've been more constructive if simply put that way but some kind of communication is better than none. With that being said, I think they risk burning bridges with people who didn't really claim any influence over the reunion but were credited as such.