Ultimate Classic Rock Bowl 2013 Poll

cheesecake

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes I wonder why I come here. Many of you are just musically illiterate. The beatles were the best. They have like over 5 amazing albums in the span of less then ten years. They were crucial in making the album a staple, not just singles with filler. There evolution is unmatched even to this day doing things as different as help, a day in the life, happiness is a warm gun, I want you, back in the ussr..... They have so many good songs and good albums. Gnr have three good full albums and one ep, magical mystery tour just destroys lies. Illusions had more filler than anything they beatles made past rubber soul. The beatles did it all right. They were super famous but decided not to tour to focus on music, which is when they got really good. Axl has done the exact opposite.

Edited by The_Universal_Sigh

That's absolutely right!

so you learn how to turn off your caps lock

good

keep trollin' bro. but could you try a little bit more harder please?

I use my caps for emphasis, particularly when it is called for. And try to learn the difference between capital letters and larger fonts! As for trolling, not trollin' , the word actually has a proper definition and is not to be used randomly. To cupcake is to purposely disrupt and be inflammatory, also off topic

So let's see, what's inflammatory or off topic about posting a poll concerning GNR in a GNR forum? I suggest you go learn what the word "cupcake" means.

You are by far the biggest douchebag I've seen on the internet in a long time.

All right people, 99% are saying Beatles are the best and made history.

There's no questions about it, but I haven't listened to Beatles ever since I was born in this world. I've been listening to ChiDem since 2008 and beginning to listen more from their classic albums. Is it a sin or being foolish to vote GNR whom I loved the most?

That said, this survey poll should've never been started or RS, LedZep and Beatles should've been exempted. But still there are open-minded people around who know what trend means.

If GNR wins, I wish Axl will say: "The Beatles are the real deal and the real champion, I'll denounce the throne winning this game. UCR is all bullshit that leads millions of fans voting us blah blah blah..."

Wait..... the game is not over yet. Rush has the biggest fans-club according to other sources.

GNR rock3

Sweetheart, in the polI GNR is winning, as they should be, don't know where you're getting your 99% of the people from. And NO, Axl shouldn't hand any credit to the Beatles, and add to their already unjustified, unmerited, overrated credentials. AXL AND GNR ARE THE REAL DEAL. rock3

Honey, I'm just exaggerating the figure expressing that facts, numbers and history don't dictate my taste in music.

Beatles sold of 2.3+ Billion albums, GNR sold 100+M. So Beatles got more or less 95% higher compared to GNR.

Again, these figures don't deprive me of my voting right for GNR.

Here's another story:

I've seen The Beatles last November in Las Vegas and they've rocked the house with their hit song 'Live and Let Die'.

Oh sorry, it wasn't Beatles my Mom said it's GNR. You see, old bands to include GNR confuses me. I don't need history, I need a rock n' roll music.

Live and Let Die = a Paul Mccartney song, he wouldn't call his solo work The Beatles.

So many embarrassing retards in this thread. And the fuck that's heading it should have his ears chopped off.

lol "verry important"

I like Guns N' Roses more, so I voted for them. Yes, the Beatles were great and very influencial, way more influencial than GNR, we all know that, so where the fuck are Elvis and Buddy Holly on this bracket?

It's not about who was more influencial, it's about personal preference. Relax you drama queens...

This vote is all about which band has the biggest social media following that care to vote on such poles. its not serious, just be cool if gnr win.

Exactly.Just a fun little competition,not something thats going to rewrite history.

Sometimes I wonder why I come here. Many of you are just musically illiterate. The beatles were the best. They have like over 5 amazing albums in the span of less then ten years. They were crucial in making the album a staple, not just singles with filler. There evolution is unmatched even to this day doing things as different as help, a day in the life, happiness is a warm gun, I want you, back in the ussr..... They have so many good songs and good albums. Gnr have three good full albums and one ep, magical mystery tour just destroys lies. Illusions had more filler than anything they beatles made past rubber soul. The beatles did it all right. They were super famous but decided not to tour to focus on music, which is when they got really good. Axl has done the exact opposite.

I've been seeing GNR live in concerts, I've been listening to their music for years while the Beatles I don't. Am I musically illiterate if I vote the band I love?

Should I buy Beatles' album because they were the best? NO. Should I get dressed like 60's because they're the best? NO. Let's be realistic and voting is fun. rock3

Those were my thoughts too. :D The Beatles were the Justin Beiber of the 60's.

Nope, that's absolutely wrong.

The Beatles wrote, sang, a performed their own songs. Paul, John, George and Ringo all had immense talent and together they were arguably the biggest rock group in history. Their influences and timeless hits span decades.

Now compare that to the marketed popstar Justin Beiber who won't be remembered by 2014 just like all the other kid popstars. There's no comparison at all. People that think that The Beatles were just a glorified boyband are both ignorant and blinded to the fact that if it were for the Beatles, their favorite band probably wouldn't be around today.

Those were my thoughts too. :D The Beatles were the Justin Beiber of the 60's.

Nope, that's absolutely wrong.

The Beatles wrote, sang, a performed their own songs. Paul, John, George and Ringo all had immense talent and together they were arguably the biggest rock group in history. Their influences and timeless hits span decades.

Now compare that to the marketed popstar Justin Beiber who won't be remembered by 2014 just like all the other kid popstars. There's no comparison at all. People that think that The Beatles were just a glorified boyband are both ignorant and blinded to the fact that if it were for the Beatles, their favorite band probably wouldn't be around today.

People that think that The Beatles were just a glorified boyband are both ignorant and blinded to the fact that if it were for the Beatles, their favorite band probably wouldn't be around today.

Just to comment on this. I wouldn't say that they were the Bieber of the 60's but they definitely had the boy band flavor. "I want to hold your hand" is boy bandish to the core.

Also, personally, my favorite band or some of my top favs have zero Beatles influence. Rockabilly style existed before the Beatles came onto the scene. Nearly all of Rock is blues based so if you're going to thank influences, try the poor and drunk blues musicians before the Beatles. Especially Willie Dixon. The Beatles didn't bring anything new. They just dumbed it down some for the mainstream audience.

The Beatles are very overrated.

People that think that The Beatles were just a glorified boyband are both ignorant and blinded to the fact that if it were for the Beatles, their favorite band probably wouldn't be around today.

Just to comment on this. I wouldn't say that they were the Bieber of the 60's but they definitely had the boy band flavor. "I want to hold your hand" is boy bandish to the core.

Also, personally, my favorite band or some of my top favs have zero Beatles influence. Rockabilly style existed before the Beatles came onto the scene. Nearly all of Rock is blues based so if you're going to thank influences, try the poor and drunk blues musicians before the Beatles. Especially Willie Dixon. The Beatles didn't bring anything new. They just dumbed it down some for the mainstream audience.

They have WAY more songs than their early stuff. What about Hey Jude, Let It Be, A Day In The Life, With A Little Help From My Friends, Helter Skelter (quite possibly the first heavy metal song), Revolution, Come Together, Get Back, Across The Universe, I Am The Walrus? I guarantee you, not one boyband would have ever made songs like those ones, especially considering their timeless classic and not one boyband has ever made a timeless classic that has spanned decades.

The Beatles influenced many artists and created a legacy that had spanned five decades and counting. I don't see how that warrants a "overrated" banner.

They have WAY more songs than their early stuff. What about Hey Jude, Let It Be, A Day In The Life, With A Little Help From My Friends, Helter Skelter (quite possibly the first heavy metal song), Revolution, Come Together, Get Back, Across The Universe, I Am The Walrus? I guarantee you, not one boyband would have ever made songs like those ones, especially considering their timeless classic and not one boyband has ever made a timeless classic that has spanned decades.

The Beatles influenced many artists and created a legacy that had spanned five decades and counting. I don't see how that warrants a "overrated" banner.

Understand this, I'm not saying they were a boyband but they definitely had some elements. Even around that time The Beatles were considered to be for the girls while the Stones were for the guys.

Just for the hell of it, can you name some bands that display Beatles influence instead of Elvis or other rockabilly? Or the father of it all... blues? Respect should go where it is deserved. The only band you can really point to that had a hint of the Beatles influence is Nirvana.

The Stones = blues

The Doors= blues and lounge mix

Aerosmith = Blues

Misfits = Elvis

Metallica = Elvis

Guns N Roses = Blues, Stones and Aerosmith

There's plenty of other big and not so big but relevant bands. Can you show the Beatles influence? Many of the biggest and relevant bands have influence of things that existed before the Beatles.