**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So ...

Week 1. #1 / 4,800

Week 2. #1/ 1,600

Week 3. #2/ ??? (How many copies did they sell in the 3 week ???)

#getgnrbackto1

I'd be willing to bet that anyone who would buy this already has.

That's sort of typical GnR isn't it? There's the hardcore fans who will buy it instantly. But there's little to no sort-of-interested group who might pick it up over time. People either care or they don't. The entire middle cut is gone.

• Like 1

I think AFD did extremely well for a bluray of a rock band with one album released in 20+ years and a completely different formation. I'd like to know the numbers excluding those fans who bought multiple copies to "help" the band.

I think AFD did extremely well for a bluray of a rock band with one album released in 20+ years and a completely different formation. I'd like to know the numbers excluding those fans who bought multiple copies to "help" the band.

To be like Groghan let me say ask: how do you know other bands fans don't buy multiple copies to help the band?

• Like 2

So ...

Week 1. #1 / 4,800

Week 2. #1/ 1,600

Week 3. #2/ ??? (How many copies did they sell in the 3 week ???)

#getgnrbackto1

I'd be willing to bet that anyone who would buy this already has.

Than there not many hardcore fans left :(

To be like Groghan let me say ask: how do you know other bands fans don't buy multiple copies to help the band?

Well, I don't know but I don't see fans of Elton John and ZZ Top or whatever having the "belieber" mentality of Axl fans.

I personally don't enjoy the mix on the DVD. Especially Estranged.

Somebody kept hitting the wrong chords and sliding into the right notes over and over. Even if it was intentional, it did not sound good.
I wonder who that could have been :dj:

Well, I don't know but I don't see fans of Elton John and ZZ Top or whatever having the "belieber" mentality of Axl fans.

Believe me he probably has more as he's more popular than Axl ever was

Doing the math: 6,000 copies sold (rough estimate) x $20 (price on Amazon) = $120k.

Anyone else think someone lost their shirt on this? I've got to figure they spent more than $120k on producing this thing.

Perhaps they can sell more copies during upcoming tours? Might suggest another Vegas residency to justify the production costs, as I would assume the DVD would sell well in Vegas.

Doing the math: 6,000 copies sold (rough estimate) x $20 (price on Amazon) = $120k.

Anyone else think someone lost their shirt on this? I've got to figure they spent more than $120k on producing this thing.

Perhaps they can sell more copies during upcoming tours? Might suggest another Vegas residency to justify the production costs, as I would assume the DVD would sell well in Vegas.

It's tough to say. It's on par with other concert DVDs so they they must have factored that in no?

I think it's crazy that's it's not for sale internationally yet.

There has been absolutely no promotion for this outside of the talk on forums. I had to dig for

It on a DVD shelf at Best Buy. I wouldn't expect huge sales, but a little promotion would stir interest and bring in some sales. Typical botched opportunity by GnR.

Mine finally arrived. Only a few songs in but it's alright so far, only thing bugging me is DJ constantly flipping off the camera and shit. Otherwise it's been enjoyable.