Vinyl LP and Turntable Discussion

RussTCB

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The deluxe edition of Tool's latest album comes out in April, but they're selling some copies now as a tour exclusive. They've even autographed them. Pretty cool, right?

Except it's $810 and it's 5 single-sided LP's. :lol:

n5r6vipgx2j81.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

That's a GN'R level move right there. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dean said:

@ToonGuns Hey man - that cleaning kit you bought a few months back - would you recommend? Was the difference considerable in other products you've used?

Hey, to be honest I don’t have any real reference point as I’d only previously used cloths and basic wiping, so compared to that it is much better. For what I need it is perfect. Only thing to be careful of is the dripping going on to the labels but I had been warned about that before so just take care to avoid that which is easy. It’s nothing fancy, just a moulded plastic trough but for what I need it is bang on and does a good job cleaning the vinyls.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/21/2022 at 6:49 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

The deluxe edition of Tool's latest album comes out in April, but they're selling some copies now as a tour exclusive. They've even autographed them. Pretty cool, right?

Except it's $810 and it's 5 single-sided LP's. :lol:

n5r6vipgx2j81.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

I see they have announced a non farcical priced version for c. $200 without the autographs, but I seems to only be available in USA? Anyone know if this is available anywhere in Europe?

It's bizarre seeing bands selling autographed vinyl for astronomical prices. It will no doubt sell too. I remember Morrissey was doing likewise at his shows, but rather than being a limited edition, or his own music for that matter, he was selling his own autograph on random artists records for pricey sums. Absurd behavior!

5 hours ago, Dean said:

It's bizarre seeing bands selling autographed vinyl for astronomical prices. It will no doubt sell too. I remember Morrissey was doing likewise at his shows, but rather than being a limited edition, or his own music for that matter, he was selling his own autograph on random artists records for pricey sums. Absurd behavior!

The ONLY records I have that are autographed were done so by the artists when I met them. Never in one million years would I pay extra for an autograph. I don't pay for meet & greets either though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

The ONLY records I have that are autographed were done so by the artists when I met them. Never in one million years would I pay extra for an autograph. I don't pay for meet & greets either though. 

I agree with this too. 

Though in saying that there have been a few records I've been excited about and the preorder / early release, or whatever, has come as signed copy for a few extra $. Don't mind that if it's reasonable priced and gets me the music I'm excited about and have been looking forward to faster. These avenues also tend to go as direct as possible to the artists pocket which I dig. 

Listening to the new Scorpions album and it is phenomenal my only issue is that they change the tracklist for the Vinyl from the CD just the order, it baffles me when bands do that like just use the same tracklisting and if you are so attached to the other order split across another Vinyl and add the bonus tracks. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, hudsonsaul said:

I agree with this too. 

Though in saying that there have been a few records I've been excited about and the preorder / early release, or whatever, has come as signed copy for a few extra $. Don't mind that if it's reasonable priced and gets me the music I'm excited about and have been looking forward to faster. These avenues also tend to go as direct as possible to the artists pocket which I dig. 

Aye, I think I'd throw a few bucks toward getting a signed album so long as there wasn't a huge premium on top of the price for the luxury. I was tempted to do it for Steve Perry's Christmas album last year, but I ended up not bothering with it at all. I imagine Tommy Stinson will do something like this when his Cowboys in the Campfire album eventually is released, so I'll probably grab a signed copy of that if possible.

I picked up a few singles - Eurythmics Thorn in my Side, an original of Ace's How Long (I picked up a reissue of it a few months back and the sound is horrendous), Michael Jackson's Black or White and Leave Me Alone - I was holding out for a copy of Bad with that on it, but with picking up the single, I'll just grab a copy when I next come across it regardless if it's included or not!

• Like 1

Guys, please go out your way to listen to Tears For Fears new record The Tipping Point. My copy eventually came today and I'm blown away. I loved the title track right from the get go, however I had only heard No Small Thing when that dropped and didn't bother with Break The Man as I wanted to wait til I could hear it in full. Break The Man is an absolutely horrendous ear worm. I can't stop listening to it as a result. Ha!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dean said:

Guys, please go out your way to listen to Tears For Fears new record The Tipping Point. My copy eventually came today and I'm blown away. I loved the title track right from the get go, however I had only heard No Small Thing when that dropped and didn't bother with Break The Man as I wanted to wait til I could hear it in full. Break The Man is an absolutely horrendous ear worm. I can't stop listening to it as a result. Ha!

I don't think I've mentioned it on here but a buddy bought it for me last Friday. My God, what an album! 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I don't think I've mentioned it on here but a buddy bought it for me last Friday. My God, what an album! 

They really went all out with it! I've been watching their performances on Sirius/BBC over the last few days, I think it's en route to number one in the album charts over here. They're playing an intimate venue in my neck of the woods on tour so I think I'll need to be in attendance for that. I'm really really impressed. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RussTCB said:

New video :)

Now I want to listen to Just Push Play lol... haven't heard it in years but I used to like a good chunk of that album. I assume Jaded was the single you're talking about? I thought Sunshine was the better single... fuck it, I'm gonna throw this album on now. :lol:

Agreed with F.I.N.E, that's a great one.

I listened to Nine Lives not long ago and it's got some good stuff - Full Circle is great, and Something's Gotta Give always gets stuck in my head for days whenever I listen to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Now I want to listen to Just Push Play lol... haven't heard it in years but I used to like a good chunk of that album. I assume Jaded was the single you're talking about? I thought Sunshine was the better single... fuck it, I'm gonna throw this album on now. :lol:

Agreed with F.I.N.E, that's a great one.

I listened to Nine Lives not long ago and it's got some good stuff - Full Circle is great, and Something's Gotta Give always gets stuck in my head for days whenever I listen to it.

Yeah, I was referring to Jaded. Honestly, Beyond Beautiful is the only song on that album that I truly love. 

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, I was referring to Jaded. Honestly, Beyond Beautiful is the only song on that album that I truly love. 

Beyond Beautiful is definitely the highlight. I don't mind the title-track, even though it's a kinda 'weird' Aerosmith song. The bonus tracks were pretty decent too.

• Like 1