Vinyl LP and Turntable Discussion

RussTCB

31 minutes ago, Dean said:

I just pulled the trigger on The Eagles' Hell Freezes Over. It's never crossed my mind to add it to the collection, it's been years since I've listened to it. Hands down my favourite version of Hotel California.

I bought that LP just for that version of Hotel too. You'll be pleased, the repress sounds great. My buddy has an original so we compared his original to my repress and they sounded identical. 

We actually did the reverse with Pink Floyd Pulse a few years back. I have an original and he bought the repress. They sounded identical. 

Side note, I was on the west side of the state over the weekend. I bought UFO - Strangers In The Night and the newest album from St Paul & The Broken Bones. 

• ABSUЯD 1

21 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I bought that LP just for that version of Hotel too. You'll be pleased, the repress sounds great. My buddy has an original so we compared his original to my repress and they sounded identical. 

We actually did the reverse with Pink Floyd Pulse a few years back. I have an original and he bought the repress. They sounded identical. 

Side note, I was on the west side of the state over the weekend. I bought UFO - Strangers In The Night and the newest album from St Paul & The Broken Bones. 

I had the fear initially seeing the price of the original pressing, but I have a fair few reissues of their albums and they all sound stellar, so it's even better knowing it'll be the same with this one!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I kid you not, this is a true: I grew up a Jehovah's Witness. I don't think I used it as proof that I was a good person, ever 😂 

While it’s fairly random to throw into a message to justify one’s credibility, it’s more how he has everything structured that makes me think it’s a scam account! I’ve reported him to be on the safe side, but that message just screams scam to me! I got a big kick out of it though so that’s the main thing 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Dean said:

I’m actually speechless 🤣🤣🤣🤣. I feel pretty bad now haha, I told him he’d get his first positive review as soon as it arrives.

E71D0D5F-6A36-467F-8BA3-98592A880F27.thumb.jpeg.b37e482119e4d8496f099eae7f61821e.jpeg

Tell him I said a JW shouldn't be selling the devils music anyway lol

• Haha 1

I bought Radiohead's The Bends about 3/4 months ago as it let me order on Amazon despite not being in stock. It just arrived with no heads up from Amazon that it was out for delivery. Looking forward to dropping it on the turntable this evening. Have a good one, folks!

• Like 1

On 2/3/2022 at 2:24 PM, RussTCB said:

New video up :)

I definitely think that Giles made the album sound more cohesive, especially when it comes to Phil Spector's additions. The original mix of the album sounds a bit strange when it comes to mixing in comparison imo. Obviously it isn't as clear as Naked as major changes were made in order to achieve that.  Agreed about Across The Universe, that's probably the biggest departure but I think it is a positive change.

I generally think that Giles' remixes have become the best way to listen to the albums to me, he fixed a lot of problems and generally improved the mixes using modern technology.

48 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I definitely think that Giles made the album sound more cohesive, especially when it comes to Phil Spector's additions. The original mix of the album sounds a bit strange when it comes to mixing in comparison imo. Obviously it isn't as clear as Naked as major changes were made in order to achieve that.  Agreed about Across The Universe, that's probably the biggest departure but I think it is a positive change.

I generally think that Giles' remixes have become the best way to listen to the albums to me, he fixed a lot of problems and generally improved the mixes using modern technology.

Rights on. I'm not anywhere near as familiar with this album as I am say, The White Album. So a lot didn't stick out to me but I really appreciate the comments. Like you said, I prefer Giles version of The White Album all day over the original stereo and mono mixes. So I could see people feeling that way about this one too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dean said:

Just seen the list for RSD and The Gold Experience getting reissued complete with The Most Beautiful Girl In The World will be an essential for me.

I'm really stoked it's getting repressed! If there's enough to go around, I may pick one up just so I don't have to keep playing my original. 

• GNFNR 1

21 hours ago, Dean said:

Just seen the list for RSD and The Gold Experience getting reissued complete with The Most Beautiful Girl In The World will be an essential for me.

I see that Slash’s recent live album play through is getting a release for RSD also. Might need to check that out.

• GNFNR 1

While I'm happy the list for RSD that I'm after is fairly short as that saves me money. What I'm slightly disapointed of is that I just bought a copy of My Arms, Your Hearse online a couple weeks ago and now it is on the record store day list. Although this is one of the Opeth albums I'd be willing to own multiple copies of.

New video is up. This one covers stuff I've picked up over the past few months 

Views and likes always appreciated :)

I have no idea how I sent that post twice, sorry..

In any case, my Matchbox Twenty boxed set arrived today. I only had a few minutes to look it over before I had to leave but I'm hoping to dig into it tomorrow. Initial impressions are good.