List your ALL-TIME favourite 'NuGN'R' moments

VMAs definitely, they look so up to date and modern and cool and mental and wild and it just felt like being on the cusp of something...when he went 'round 1' i was thinkin' WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, it's AWNNN now :D

Sarc?

-The Blues from first HOB show

-Opening riff of Jungle and opening scream at RIR 2001

-Seeing Axl for the first time live, Hammerstein 2006

-Bucket TWAT solo

-You're Crazy - Brooklyn Bowl..... This gets overlooked too often. It turned out to be nothing because of diarrhea or whatever, but they OPENED THE SHOW with this fucker - not CD, not Jungle, fuckin' You're Crazy - and Axl sounded great. At the moment I honestly thought we were in for a special, atypical show. I was right, but not how i had hoped.

Edited by magisme

My list is as follows:

Seeing them for the first time in 2002 (even though Axl cut the show short)

Being at the first Hammerstein show.

- Hearing Better, IRS, TWaT and the new version of CD for the first time that show.

Chinese Democracy finally being released in 2008

All the shows I saw on the UCaP Tour, most of which; Detroit 2012 which was the best show I've ever seen from any version of GN'R

1. Hearing The Blues from Rio III for the first time

2. The MTV VMAs in 2002

3. Hammerstein 5-12-06

4. The release of Chinese Democracy

5. Estranged at Rio in 2011

6. Seeing them tear it up in Camden (5 mins from Philly) in 2011

7. The HOB show in AC...up close, personal, and fucking phenomenal

8. Partying with the band after the aforementioned show

9. Hearing "Going Down" for the first time late last year

- Obviously the two times I have seen them - the LA Forum show in 2011 and at the Wiltern in Los Angeles in February 2012 for the UCAP tour - were both the most memorable for me personally

- Introducing Chinese Democracy in RIR III. Say what you will about Axl's voice back then but the fact that he is enthusiastic about doing new material is really cool and exiting.

- When CD and The Blues first leaked. Those were exiting times and I remember lurking on here around that time just being really exited. Unfortunately that excitement wore out because it would be another 2 years before the album would actually surface

- Tokyo 2009 and those first run of shows in late 2009 because the forums were just on fire. Everyone was pretty positive at that point.

- Rock Am Ring 2006, LA 2006, Boston 2002, and the Hammerstein shows

1. Buying the End of Days soundtrack back in 1999, the day it came out. I was so excited to finally get a new guns n roses song. I had no idea the wait I was in for until I got another one. :)

2. When CD was finally released in 2008, bought the cd and the vinyl.

3. Getting all the leaks in 2006, it was like finally getting music. Well sort of.

4. Seeing them live in 2011, great show.

5. Seeing gnr live for the first time in 2002 in detroit. I had no idea what I was in for. Axl just walked off stage and the show ended early. But still it was memorable. The 2011 show was 10X better though.

Ok, if we wanna go pre-2001, then yeah.....hearing the SCOM 99 at the end of Big Daddy and theater hopping so I could hear it over and over at the multiplex....first recording of Axl singing since Sympathy for the Devil....

Oh My God on the End of Days tv spot.....getting all excited about the comeback....

then....silence.....

Can't pinpoint just one

Sydney 2010 Madagascar (An amazing moment)

Adelaide 2010 The Bumblefoot chant during Pink Panther by the Aussie crew

Melbourne 2013 first night the front row drinking together and Axl passing out the beers

Newcastle 2013 Great show and excellent night with everyone

mmmmmm Axl beers... the best tasting beers ;)

The 2000 gigs where they just slaughtered the grunge /industrial/ numetal bands left over on the scene. The 5 London gigs ...just amazing..couldnt believe the new songs like Spit in my Eye and Cornholer were debuted...as I understand those songs... they firmly nod to the past and yet there is something different to them.. The cowbell definately adds to the percussion. Never too much cowbell. Cornholer definately showed the punk side of those bastards. Notice how NIN and Korn and Slipknot and MArilyn Manson had cowbell on their next albums? Loved that the old band is featured on some of the songs. a great transition EP. Definatly can tell Izzys influence in the X factor that makes up GNR.

2000 Intentions ep release party 12/99 was kick ass and the world tour in 00 even though they played songs that wouldnt be on CD it was still a great introduction to the future. I was impressed. 8 new songs that were all hits individually... set an industry standard. Never been seen before to date by any other recording artist. Leave it to Axl to call those "Demo songs that got lost behind my couch." Even though it was a whole new band.. the guys just seemed to fit in. There was some sadness that the old band wasnt up there but it transitioned flawlessly. Axls karma and his stage presence more than pushed GNR back up into the top. 6 years after TSI was a long wait for anything new. OMG in 99 was a bit of a side step but it made its mark considering what was going on during the Millinium.

Chicago and Moline 01 being back to back ass kicking confirmations that Axl was back in the saddle again. I can honestly say they won me over. Best shows ive ever seen them do. The live introductions of Spirits Rising and Now is Then .. was ...equal to Led Zeppelins , Queens and Pink Floyds work collectively . No sane description for it. I got "it" at that moment what Axl was reaching for.

All of The band interviews in Rolling Stones Magazine, Classic Rock and Hustler and just about every other magazine...describing the genesis of the group, the music and how they all worked collectively to make it happen. Loved the part where Buckethead took his mask off and was just candid about his contributions to the group. Mucho Respect to the guys. For once his music was not distracted by his image and you just got the feeling like he was a regular guy just hanging out and doing some kick ass rock and roll.

Loved his saying.." You know I may only be around from time to time who knows?- this is whats fun right here and now . I think Axl has it in him to bring out the best in everybody. You want to know why it took so long for the album to come out? Because the guy had me in the studio playing until my fingers bled... going ... "good..good.. good... pause... but you can do better." So when he was doing the vocal parts we all just stood in the control room going "good good ... yeah interesting ...good but you can do better right back. I hope many years down the road people will get to hear our jam sessions... there was material on those songs that ..just you wait and see... its to hard to describe.

It was weird at first trading off riffs with Robin and Fortus and giving up that hyperindividualism that a solo artist has- but I think it works at a whole etherial level its just something different. I know you will dig the rest of the stuff when it comes out. Guaranteed you will never hear anything like it ."

The 2004 tour was amazing especially the second half of the US tour where they played the dive bars in out the way remote places was such a kick... kind of like the "anti big stadium thing" There was just something epic seeing those guys roll into a little town like Medicine Bow Wyo( population 200 )and suddenly 50,000 people show up and drink the town dry. But touring "Taiwanese Independence "as the number 1 record in US had to be celebrated in some strange fashion . Definately a first in Rock history. For many it took GNR back to the rough edge of things. I must have worked because there were whole new legions of people swearing that GNR was "back"

2006-2009 epic stuff. I would have liked them to play more of the classics from AFD and UYI and 2000 Intentions personally . What was it Axl said in Paris or was it Berlin?.".these guys could write a song a day if I let them?" still .. you cant bitch seeing a 2-3 hour show.

By then the double album" Korean Totalitariasm" had reached triple platinum and was still climbing.

Rumours of the third and final album in the trilogy the actual "Chinese Democracy" was to be released in late 2012 or early 2013 begain in late 2010 when leaks begain to appear. GNR quickly shot down those leaks as being the cutting room floor leftovers. The rough leaks circulate in the underground as the unoffical 9th GNR album. AXl and crew reward the fanbase by playing the leaks in their entirety for a YouTube concert that is watched by well over 10 million viewers. For a bunch of leftovers they sound pretty spectacular.

Was I the only one who though the HOF thing was epic? With both bands being there and all I thought it might be awkward . I loved that the "legacy band" came out and played songs from Tiawanese Independence and Korean Totalitaianism and then introduced the world to Chinese Democracy songs... and then the new band started playing AFD Lies and UYI songs that ended with huge big band jam at the end . If I never see Axl do another thing in his life.. that performance right there just cemented him as the best there ever was or will be again. Who says rock and roll is a young mans game?

Im glad that they are kind of low key now. Its been a hell of a ride these last 15 years. I cant make up my mind just which of the albums is the total package but Im leaning towards Tiawanese Independence because its the perfect blend of raw and raunchy with avante garde expermentation. Not a bad song on it though. Loved the acoustic version of Silkworms with cowbell on it.. thats the way that song should sound.

THats what really happened in the real world.. the alternate universeto this one. We who are here have been sucked into bizarro world GNR and frankly that reality just sucks. Please... im just using my illusion.

My first time seeing GNR in Toronto back in 2002. The opening notes to Jungle had the hair on my arms standing up. What a moment.

Getting to strum on Bumbles guitar during the Paradise City solo in Toronto in 2006.

Hearing There Was A Time from front row centre in Hamilton 2010.

Meeting Bumble in Toronto in 2013. That club gig was fantastic.

Every leak filled me with incredible joy and guilt, but the memories are mostly good. I loved them all, and still love the songs. Prostitute probably blew me away the most, followed by Better and TWAT. Still feel pretty much the same.

Despite not seeing it live, the WTTJ scream at RIR III still gives me goosebumps. The way the crowd responded - wow. Seeing them live again in 2011 was amazing too, and Estranged at the last RIR performance would possibly be #1 if the rest of the show had delivered. Ultimately, that Rio III performance still blows me away more than almost anything else - the new songs, the WTTJ scream, the crowd. Unreal. Wish I'd been there.

My first time seeing GNR in Toronto back in 2002. The opening notes to Jungle had the hair on my arms standing up. What a moment.

Getting to strum on Bumbles guitar during the Paradise City solo in Toronto in 2006.

Hearing There Was A Time from front row centre in Hamilton 2010.

Meeting Bumble in Toronto in 2013. That club gig was fantastic.

I was torn that I was out of town for the Toronto "UCAP" style show I'm 2013. What did you think of the venue? I'm not too crazy about it.