What Are You Watching On NETFLIX, Amazon Prime & Hulu? (All things Streaming)

Ace Nova

On 1/20/2017 at 4:42 PM, RussTCB said:

I'm finally on Season 5 of Shameless. Starting watching Sherlock on the side and got through Season 1.

Man, I need to get on Shameless (I currently subscribe to Showtime and it's on Netflix obviously), have Sherlocked in "my list" as well. 

Just finished Black Mirror.

On 1/20/2017 at 1:41 PM, ZoSoRose said:

The original run, seasons 1-7, are all pretty much great imo. Its so funny. 

The movies are meh, and season 9-10 are bad imo, but I liked season 8.

thanks for reminding me! i saw a couple of clips and i was rolling!

been watching The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmit... love it :)

• 6 months later...

Currently watching Glitter Force Doki Doki (dunno why they kept the "Doki Doki" stuff yet changed Cure Rosetta/Glitter Clover's name from Alice to Clara) and I can't wait for season four of BoJack Horseman to premiere. I also want to watch season three of Fuller House and hopefully season three of F is for Family in the near future.

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 9:09 PM, tsinindy said:

Man, I need to get on Shameless (I currently subscribe to Showtime and it's on Netflix obviously), have Sherlocked in "my list" as well. 

Just finished Black Mirror.

I just finished Black Mirror as well. Crazy show.

• 1 month later...

Just finished Stranger Things 2. It wasn't quite as great as S1 but still pretty good, I loved Steve this season his character arc has been brilliant considering how he started out in S1.

Spoiler

Not feeling the final romancing of Nancy/Jonathan he was the weakest link in this season, she should totally stick with Steve. I felt the opposite way at the end of S1, shows what great writing can do.

The young actor playing Will was incredible too, he didn't have much chance to shine in S1 but he out acted  Eleven this time around imo.

Anyone else spot the character called Axl? Think it might have been spelt Axel though. :lol:

I enjoyed the new douchebro character Billy, particularly when...

Spoiler

he smooth talked Mrs Wheeler looking like the guy on the front cover of her romance novel :rofl-lol:

Glad there is going to be a S3 although I can't help feeling they've all suffered enough!

• Thanks 1

Just finished Stranger Things 2. I thought it was way better than the first season. I may have to start a thread for Season 3 if more people here get into it.

Watch it. First season is only 8 episodes, second is only 9. It pays homage to the films of Spielberg, Carpenter, the novels of Stephen King and basically good old Sc-Fi/Horror from 1980's Television. And the child actors are amazing.

• Like 2

After reading this thread, started to watch Stranger Things again.  I watched parts of season 1 a while ago but always had it on in the background while doing other things.  Paid attention to it this time and realized it's a really good series.  Totally reminds me of something Steven Spielberg would have made in the 80's.  Like others have said, the kid actors are great, among the best I've seen.  Two thumbs up. :thumbsup:

Started season 2 tonight.  

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

After reading this thread, started to watch Stranger Things again.  I watched parts of season 1 a while ago but always had it on in the background while doing other things.  Paid attention to it this time and realized it's a really good series.  Totally reminds me of something Stephen Spielberg would have made in the 80's.  Like others have said, the kid actors are great, among the best I've seen.  Two thumbs up. :thumbsup:

Started season 2 tonight.  

Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished watching The Good Place, S1 and half of S2 are on Netflix. Second half of S2 resumes in the new year (I hate how they do that).

I'd not bothered with it previously because I mistakenly thought it looked a bit dull. Wrong!!! It's actually really good and very funny. Ted Danson and Kristen Bell are excellent.

Do NOT google beforehand and ruin the concept for yourself.

1 hour ago, Black Sabbath said:

Started watching Ozark. It's good enough. The story isn't 100% amazing or engaging, but I enjoy Bateman and there's enough subtle dark humor for me to continue watching.

Really good show.  Watched the first season in about a week.  It gets better and more engaging as the show progresses.  Last 2 episodes are insane. :thumbsup:

Edited by Kasanova King

On 11/12/2017 at 5:20 PM, alfierose said:

I just finished watching The Good Place, S1 and half of S2 are on Netflix. Second half of S2 resumes in the new year (I hate how they do that).

I'd not bothered with it previously because I mistakenly thought it looked a bit dull. Wrong!!! It's actually really good and very funny. Ted Danson and Kristen Bell are excellent.

Do NOT google beforehand and ruin the concept for yourself.

LOVE The Good Place! I didn't realize the first half of Season 2 was already on Netflix, that's kinda neat. My favorite exchange of Season 1 was:

Eleanor-
"Who died and left Aristotle in charge of ethics??"

Chidi-
"PLATO!" 

:lol:

• Haha 1

Mindhunter is solid, if not undeniably disappointing.

I enjoyed The Babysitter more than any other movie I remember seeing this year. What that says about both me and this year in film is debatable.

Edited by Angelica
  • Haha 1

Finished Strangers Things 2 recently.  Its good and I liked it.  I thought the punk gang was super cringy though.  I get that movies in the 80's had those characters (a manifestation of Thatcher/Regan era that counter culture people are vilified and infantilized) and they were cringy then and are super cringy now, imo. Favourite new character is definitely Mad Max.  Planning to watch 1 and 2 again.

I just started watching The Black List.  I was completely taken by the first few episodes, then imo it settled into average and seems to be picking up steam again. Im hooked. I love international intrigue / criminal mastermind stuff and James Spader fits that world perfectly.

On 11/23/2017 at 3:35 AM, alfierose said:

Watched the new documentary series Shot in Dark. It was really well done and more interesting than I expected, there is some beautifully filmed footage of LA at night.

I keep passing by that. Maybe I'll give it a go 

• Like 1