What Are You Watching On NETFLIX, Amazon Prime & Hulu? (All things Streaming)

Ace Nova

On 9/17/2018 at 12:21 AM, downzy said:

Far more exciting is the second season release of my favourite show of 2017:

LOVED the first season and really like the second. I was very surprised by

Spoiler

how much of a lesson was taught about the dangers of social media by the end of it.

On 9/17/2018 at 3:42 AM, youngswedishvinyl said:

Just finished Mindhunter on Netflix, kick ass show! 

REALLY liked this show, hoping for a second season soon.

As for me, I'm making my way through Norm McDonald Has A Show and it's really good so far.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, downzy said:

Just started Season 5.  Only a couple of episodes in and it looks like it's as strong as previous seasons.   

One of my favourite animated shows.  

Season 5 is probably up there with my favorite seasons. I’d probably go 3>5>4>1>2

The episode where Diane goes to Vietnam was really meaningful to me. I relate to so many of these characters.

I posted about this yesterday but I think I did it in the wrong thread due to it being a stream show.

Having said that; I started Castle Rock on Hulu last night. Only got through 2 episodes but I really liked what I saw. Plus the second episode had some cool GN'R Easter Eggs in it!

On 2018-09-18 at 8:38 PM, AxlRoseCDII said:

Season 5 is probably up there with my favorite seasons. I’d probably go 3>5>4>1>2

The episode where Diane goes to Vietnam was really meaningful to me. I relate to so many of these characters.

Just finished - great season.  Favourite episode for me was Bojack mother's funeral...  Loved how it was a half hour of Bojack rambling on about his mother.   Brilliant stuff.  

• GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, downzy said:

Just finished - great season.  Favourite episode for me was Bojack mother's funeral...  Loved how it was a half hour of Bojack rambling on about his mother.   Brilliant stuff.  

The experimental episodes are where the series shines. If Arnett doesn’t win an award for that episode’s performance then its all rigged man. That episode was emotional and the grand punchline at the end? Damn brilliant.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The experimental episodes are where the series shines. If Arnett doesn’t win an award for that episode’s performance then its all rigged man. That episode was emotional and the grand punchline at the end? Damn brilliant.

I think Bojack is the best animated show out there.  It pushes boundaries and hasn't settled in like every other animated show.  It has such a wide range and there's a lot of depth to the characters (save for maybe the sex robot).  The episode where Bojack is having his drug-fuelled meltdown is kind of mind-blowing in terms of narrative structure.  It's too bad the show gets buried in the hundreds of other shows Netflix releases on a yearly basis.  

Plus it has the best opening theme song ever written.  The only show I never skip the intro when given the option.  

• GNFNR 1

19 minutes ago, downzy said:

I think Bojack is the best animated show out there.  It pushes boundaries and hasn't settled in like every other animated show.  It has such a wide range and there's a lot of depth to the characters (save for maybe the sex robot).  The episode where Bojack is having his drug-fuelled meltdown is kind of mind-blowing in terms of narrative structure.  It's too bad the show gets buried in the hundreds of other shows Netflix releases on a yearly basis.  

Plus it has the best opening theme song ever written.  The only show I never skip the intro when given the option.  

I whole-heartedly recommend this show to everyone I talk to, including my parents. I beg people to watch it as Netflix doesn’t do much advertising for it. My pops still thinks it’s a Family Guy type show, which bums me out. As someone who has some darker issues with mental illness, Bojack Horseman has legitimately changed my perspectives on life itself. (which sounds silly but its something stand by 110%). Favorite show in existence.

• Like 1

On Netflix.

Atypical. Enjoyed that. Really dont like Jennifer Jason Leigh in general though. Hoping there will be more seasons and soon!

Follow This. Just started and it seems kinda neat. It documents how BuzzFeed journalists put together their articles.

The Land of Steady Habits. A few episodes in. Im enjoying it as a still life, hazy, one step removed kinda ride along with the main character. Its got American Beauty (the movie) written all over it and doesnt shy away from that too much. And in that vein theres always the balance between 'Really, everyone is that crazy?' with 'No, really. Everyone actually is that crazy.' Seems to depend on the day and my mood if I can accept the reality depicted in it.

That said it has Connie Britton in it. The world can give me as much Connie Britton as it wants and I wont complain. :lol:

Edited by soon

On 9/27/2018 at 12:50 AM, Black Sabbath said:

Watched the first episode. Not quite what I expected so far, but it's interesting enough that I'll be continuing to watch of course.

I didn't think it was anywhere near as good as many others are saying.

On 9/10/2018 at 11:15 AM, RussTCB said:

Finish Ozark Season 2. Liked it a little better than Season 1. I think:

Hide contents

They're just setting this up to be sort of "Breaking Bad With The Sexes Reversed". Wendy will become the ego driven Walt character with Ruth as her Jesse. That leaves Marty to move into the Skyler / just going along with it hoping for the best outcome role. 

Spoiler

Yep, agreed.  She basically crossed him for the cartel now.

• Like 1