March 28th, 2014 - Sao Paulo, Brazil

Black Sabbath

Very short, but it does sound better than the previous shows, even though the vocals are pretty clean.

He sounds like a shadow of his former self and no I am not talking about 92'. Seriously, folks. I would be the first in line to defend the guy if he had hit the gym and took his own voice seriously between legs of the endless ChiDem tour. It seems he doesn't record albums anymore so touring is his primary job. He has no excuses.

You are just setting the bar ridiculously low for someone making millions by performing his work from 20+ years ago at a very poor level. I don't expect to see a 27 years old on stage. I do think that he should be somewhere between 06' stage presence and 10' voice. The problem is that he doesn't give a fuck and still has lots of delusional enablers to keep him going.

Heck, have you forgotten this was the guy who disappeared from stages for almost a decade? You would expect someone like him to push harder, esp. after what happened to MJ, but no, he's just pulling out an Elvis at this point.

Someone else made a point that "the media" is supposedly praising the concerts. Are you saying we care what the media thinks about this incarnation of the band now? If you do, all I see are snarky comments about black towels, Axl being the only original member and the concerts starting late. I am fluent in Portuguese, so don't BS me with "ermahgerd, the Brazilian media is in love with the band now". They couldn't care less but will report on it. That's the same media reporting that Paris Hilton landed in Rio. They will write an article about any foreigner that was/is a celebrity reinforcing whatever stereotypes were set beforehand.

Fucking this.

Specially for those thrilled by the media reviews in brazil.

Bravo. Exactly this.

The merch looks awful to me too. (The third one with the picture of the tour poster is the best of the three.) Maybe I'm just getting too old for this, but for me, the merch doesn't suit GNR and the songs either. Or is the left one supposed to be Axl's skull, with the green eyes and orange hair ?

i totally agree. GN'R's 'image' these days as kind of modern glam/sleaze band (I think DJ has a lot to do with that) is just corny if i'm speaking candidly, because for me the band was never part of that whole scene, and in fact, that's what made them stand out back in the day, because they were the antithesis of all that crap. so when i see axl wearing all the glitzed-up jackets, the jeans with skull patches, etc., it's a little dispiriting, but i guess it is what it is. :shrugs:

Considering their debut and biggest selling LP has 5 skulls and a purple cross on it, I'd have to disagree.

i can't argue against that per se but i think the band quickly moved on from that image, they never sounded like motley crue or poison or whatever, and at the peak of their fame they abandoned that whole vibe and were more similar to aerosmith or the stones in terms of appearance and music.

Red dragon t-shirt saves 2014. It kind of looks like Axl. I want one!

Anyone know what was played last night???

CD

WTTJ

ISE

MR.B

Estranged

Better

Rocket Queen (not sure about the order)

Richard Solo

LALD

TIL

Holidays In The Sun (Tommy)

Dizzy Solo

Catcher

YCBM

La Bella Vita (DJ)

SCOM

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You Jam

NovRain

Abnormal (BBF)

Ayrton Senna Theme

Don't Cry

KOHD

Civil War

Jam

Nightrain

Encore:

Jam

Patience

The Seeker

Jam

Paradise City

• Like 1

Guest cbgnr666

Another great show and people are saying how good reviews are.Nice.Remember in 2010 all the negative reviews from South America and the Leeds festival in Europe even Canadian reviews were pretty meh.etc Axl getting pelted with bottles and people leaving saying how horrible the shows were.

:lol: But really, that meant a lot :) That theme reminds me of my childhood sundays when my whole family would be at my grandpa's watching F1 supporting Senna. That theme still is one of the greatest - if not the greatest - we've ever had here in Brazil. It truly is heartfelting.

• Like 3

:lol: But really, that meant a lot :) That theme reminds me of my childhood sundays when my whole family would be at my grandpa's watching F1 supporting Senna. That theme still is one of the greatest - if not the greatest - we've ever had here in Brazil. It truly is heartfelting.

:heart:

• Like 1

The merch is fucking hideous. Wouldn't buy under any circumstance.

Hoping in Bethlehem they have a shirt with the artwork they did for that gig on it (not counting in it though...), and I hope the Vegas shirts are more in line with the last residency - most of those looked good.