March 28th, 2014 - Sao Paulo, Brazil

Black Sabbath

well guys, i just got home, it started 23.34 pm and finished 02.10 pm. when you're there, at the live setting, it's pretty amazing. axl sounded fine, yup, no rasp at all, but sounded fine with the clean voice. there were raspy parts for sure like Better, Welcome to the Jungle and other songs. it was amazing, Axl was on awesome mood, joking around and smiling =) had a great time. Civil War was played by "request" =)

Good to hear that you had a great time Fabio.

Apparently, there were few distorted video-sound uploaded online that some fans were taking them seriously.

well guys, i just got home, it started 23.34 pm and finished 02.10 pm. when you're there, at the live setting, it's pretty amazing. axl sounded fine, yup, no rasp at all, but sounded fine with the clean voice. there were raspy parts for sure like Better, Welcome to the Jungle and other songs. it was amazing, Axl was on awesome mood, joking around and smiling =) had a great time. Civil War was played by "request" =)

Apparently, there were few distorted video-sound uploaded online that some fans were taking them seriously.

thanks man =) everyone should give Axl a second chance and go to see him live =) amazing. you can't judge it by a 15 sec clip on instagram or a video recorded with a cellphone :(

• Like 1

I don't think he controls the rasp as well as he controls his higher voice. When he sings with rasp I think he struggles to finish notes but with the high voice he can carry notes longer.

Someone in the band said Axl feels he has more control of his voice, and can do more now with his voice than he ever could before. I think that was alluding to using a higher voice that he could control.

I personally think Axl's raspy or lower voice is what makes or breaks him. I don't like the higher voice. It doesn't suit many of the songs he sings. If Axl would spend some time with a vocal coach and work on controlling the lower raspier side of his voice he could get his vocals strong again, which would equal great concerts/YouTube videos.

Guest Gunns

I really don't think it has as much to do with a vocal coach as some might think, I think a lot of it (and judging by the performances in previous times, compared to recently) is more to do with the energy and intensity that Axl has. He always has energy in his performances, but you can definitely notice sometimes , it's more in 'autopilot' mode then it is in 'hunger/possessed demon' mode, and subsequently when he is 'hungry' (cue jokes) to throw 100% into it, he just hits it with that voice that seemingly comes from no where with that raspy goodness

Edited by Gunns
  • Like 1

I just don't understand how he went back to the clean vocals when just last June he had rasp in Paradise City.

I guess he doesn't see the point? Rasp doesn't sound comfortable, and these crowds seem to be happy no matter what, so why bother? With shows like Philly 2012, he had something to prove (i.e. trying to make up for Philly 2002).

Very short, but it does sound better than the previous shows, even though the vocals are pretty clean.

Thanks for sharing this, did you get any complete song?

Only this video differs from the previous show is its quality and centered position. I hope you have some more clips.

I just don't understand how he went back to the clean vocals when just last June he had rasp in Paradise City.

I guess he doesn't see the point? Rasp doesn't sound comfortable, and these crowds seem to be happy no matter what, so why bother? With shows like Philly 2012, he had something to prove (i.e. trying to make up for Philly 2002).

The point is for me to be able to watch YouTube videos and be happy with what I'm hearing!

Jk I guess I wish he wouldn't get so complacent then. I mean most people think Axl is a washed up rock star who ruined the greatest band of all time with his ego...he should feel like he has something to prove, but I guess that ship sailed.

Honestly I just want something to cheer Axl for. I feel like he's under appreciated as a rock icon. But if he is happy touring, and enjoying his life with vacations and drinking then I can't blame him. I would probably be twice as fat and not singing if I were in his shoes. As long as this is good enough for Axl then I shouldn't complain. Let the guy enjoy his retirement, if he decides to make one more great musical run then I'll be here cheering him all the way.

• Like 1

thanks man =) everyone should give Axl a second chance and go to see him live =) amazing. you can't judge it by a 15 sec clip on instagram or a video recorded with a cellphone :(

Great to hear man. I'd love to go to a show so I really envy you :)

I`m just speculating here, really. I don't think though, that Axl Rose is aware that his raspy voice returning would mean so much for so many fans right now. It seems to me that the full scope of that eternal question never made its way to him.

He wears 'angry' Mickey Mouse shirts.

Somebody should hold a sign at one of these shows saying "EXCELLENT RASPY VOICE PLZ"

I wouldn't have the balls. I actually think it could really cause chaos. He'd explode into an expletive-filled rant and wouldn't carry on until you were removed. Then TB would blacklist you.

What I would do is hold up a sign saying 'Please play The General' etc and I wouldn't care if he got mad. If he did i'd have another sign in reserve saying 'Balls to you. You massive wanker.'

The first shows of every tour Axl sounds horrible, where the fuck have you guys been. You analyze everything about the poor guy and just bitch bitch bitch, wake up call the older he gets the longer its gonna take him to get going.

The first shows of every tour Axl sounds horrible, where the fuck have you guys been. You analyze everything about the poor guy and just bitch bitch bitch, wake up call the older he gets the longer its gonna take him to get going.

Yeah, I get that. But we only get like 10 shows a tour/leg these days. At what point is it acceptable for him to start sounding good? So he sounds OK at the last 2 shows of a tour, where all the other 15 paid and got terrible shows. That hardly seems fair. Fucking rehearse if we all know you're gonna sound terrible at the beginning of a tour.