March 28th, 2014 - Sao Paulo, Brazil

Black Sabbath

Here are two of the three shirts they were selling in São Paulo: (The third one was the same picture as the tour poster)

d132c0d8-7c1a-44ff-9422-eaa2999b7b03_zps2697fe03-8804-48e2-a830-e8b878879cba_zps

Official or bootleg? Did you buy any?

Official, bought these two. The cool thing about the red dragon one is it simulates the 2001/02 tour shirts. I'm gonna try to post the back later today.

• Like 1

The merch looks awful to me too. (The third one with the picture of the tour poster is the best of the three.) Maybe I'm just getting too old for this, but for me, the merch doesn't suit GNR and the songs either. Or is the left one supposed to be Axl's skull, with the green eyes and orange hair ?

They have no concrete theme to the merch. One may be a reference to the Chinese imagery used during 1999-2010; whereas the other is very Limp Bizkit (aka a gay-ass 'rawk' design).

Very short, but it does sound better than the previous shows, even though the vocals are pretty clean.

He sounds like a shadow of his former self and no I am not talking about 92'. Seriously, folks. I would be the first in line to defend the guy if he had hit the gym and took his own voice seriously between legs of the endless ChiDem tour. It seems he doesn't record albums anymore so touring is his primary job. He has no excuses.

You are just setting the bar ridiculously low for someone making millions by performing his work from 20+ years ago at a very poor level. I don't expect to see a 27 years old on stage. I do think that he should be somewhere between 06' stage presence and 10' voice. The problem is that he doesn't give a fuck and still has lots of delusional enablers to keep him going.

Heck, have you forgotten this was the guy who disappeared from stages for almost a decade? You would expect someone like him to push harder, esp. after what happened to MJ, but no, he's just pulling out an Elvis at this point.

Someone else made a point that "the media" is supposedly praising the concerts. Are you saying we care what the media thinks about this incarnation of the band now? If you do, all I see are snarky comments about black towels, Axl being the only original member and the concerts starting late. I am fluent in Portuguese, so don't BS me with "ermahgerd, the Brazilian media is in love with the band now". They couldn't care less but will report on it. That's the same media reporting that Paris Hilton landed in Rio. They will write an article about any foreigner that was/is a celebrity reinforcing whatever stereotypes were set beforehand.

Fucking this.

Specially for those thrilled by the media reviews in brazil.

The merch looks awful to me too. (The third one with the picture of the tour poster is the best of the three.) Maybe I'm just getting too old for this, but for me, the merch doesn't suit GNR and the songs either. Or is the left one supposed to be Axl's skull, with the green eyes and orange hair ?

i totally agree. GN'R's 'image' these days as kind of modern glam/sleaze band (I think DJ has a lot to do with that) is just corny if i'm speaking candidly, because for me the band was never part of that whole scene, and in fact, that's what made them stand out back in the day, because they were the antithesis of all that crap. so when i see axl wearing all the glitzed-up jackets, the jeans with skull patches, etc., it's a little dispiriting, but i guess it is what it is. :shrugs:

i totally agree. GN'R's 'image' these days as kind of modern glam/sleaze band (I think DJ has a lot to do with that) is just corny if i'm speaking candidly, because for me the band was never part of that whole scene, and in fact, that's what made them stand out back in the day, because they were the antithesis of all that crap. so when i see axl wearing all the glitzed-up jackets, the jeans with skull patches, etc., it's a little dispiriting, but i guess it is what it is. :shrugs:

First thing your post reminded me of is this:

BGCTGR51.JPG

Sunset Strip? 1985? Bullet logo?

Really are cashing in on oldGNR's brand recognition.

ONE member of the current lineup has been there since 1985. ONE.

Very short, but it does sound better than the previous shows, even though the vocals are pretty clean.

He sounds like a shadow of his former self and no I am not talking about 92'. Seriously, folks. I would be the first in line to defend the guy if he had hit the gym and took his own voice seriously between legs of the endless ChiDem tour. It seems he doesn't record albums anymore so touring is his primary job. He has no excuses.

You are just setting the bar ridiculously low for someone making millions by performing his work from 20+ years ago at a very poor level. I don't expect to see a 27 years old on stage. I do think that he should be somewhere between 06' stage presence and 10' voice. The problem is that he doesn't give a fuck and still has lots of delusional enablers to keep him going.

Heck, have you forgotten this was the guy who disappeared from stages for almost a decade? You would expect someone like him to push harder, esp. after what happened to MJ, but no, he's just pulling out an Elvis at this point.

Someone else made a point that "the media" is supposedly praising the concerts. Are you saying we care what the media thinks about this incarnation of the band now? If you do, all I see are snarky comments about black towels, Axl being the only original member and the concerts starting late. I am fluent in Portuguese, so don't BS me with "ermahgerd, the Brazilian media is in love with the band now". They couldn't care less but will report on it. That's the same media reporting that Paris Hilton landed in Rio. They will write an article about any foreigner that was/is a celebrity reinforcing whatever stereotypes were set beforehand.

Beautiful post. Welcome back! :)

• Like 1

I WAS THERE AND IT WAS FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!

Axl's voice was great!

He was in a good mood, dancing around a lot, interacting with the other members, and not even leaving the stage during several solos!

After Estranged he did a short rant about "jumping in the river" scene of the official video.

Edited by Todo Poderoso Timão
  • Like 4

Fucking this.

Specially for those thrilled by the media reviews in brazil.

After I see something like this, from another rock god who actually CARES, I can't even continue to try and support this incarnation (after seeing the 2006, 2010, and 2011 shows). I'm done.

Go to 2:19:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD-MdiUm1_Y

Edited by jedilips
  • Like 1

909af96eb6fd11e399171299608a0df3_8.jpg

Axl looks completely ridiculous.

DJ has clearly taken him under his wing with his "swag" douche-bag look.

There is no reason Axl shouldn't look and sound like a bad ass on stage.

Get serious, lose the weight, and then get a real stylist in there so that he can look like the rockstar he should be.

Every aspect of him as a performer right now is just totally in the toilet and it is hard to watch.

Axl's voice was great!

He was in a good mood, dancing around a lot, interacting with the other members, and not even leaving the stage during several solos!

After Estranged he did a short rant about "jumping in the river" scene of the official video.

So he has the rasp and power back? Great news! You wouldn't call his voice great if he sang just like the last past shows right? You do have good sense right? I hope so.

Axl's voice was great!

You left out that the band was on fire. :rolleyes:

909af96eb6fd11e399171299608a0df3_8.jpg

Axl looks completely ridiculous.

No, he doesn't.

Could the singing be better? Yes - and hopefully it will improve as the tour progresses.

Could he do with hitting the gym? Arguably. But he's fifty something, it's his own prerogative if he wants to continually look in tip-top shape. He may just be content with splashing his money on expensive clothing.

Edited by NGOG

Axl's voice was great!

So he has the rasp and power back? Great news! You wouldn't call his voice great if he sang just like the last past shows right? You do have good sense right? I hope so.

Ha, he's joking. Look at his past posts :D

Considering their debut and biggest selling LP has 5 skulls and a purple cross on it, I'd have to disagree.

• Like 1