March 28th, 2014 - Sao Paulo, Brazil

Black Sabbath

That video wasn't so bad. I think the best way to sing Jungle is like '93 where it wasn't full rasp but not mickey either. Kinda bridged between.

I think that voice would hurt him more than full rasp. He would have to screech in a much lower voice to find that sound again. It hurts me to think about. It would be cool though!

Seems he finished Jungle off well.

Where? That ending was fucking brutal, especially his attempt to run and sing at the same time which brings back VMA flashbacks.

Axl doesn't sound like a gifted or pro singer in this short clip at all. The age of "run and sing" is over. I feel sorry for the guy. Actually, I've been thinking about it lately. Sorry as a song fits like a glove if you think about it as a message from a concerned fan to him. :/

Seems he finished Jungle off well.

Where? That ending was fucking brutal, especially his attempt to run and sing at the same time which brings back VMA flashbacks.

Axl doesn't sound like a gifted or pro singer in this short clip at all. The age of "run and sing" is over. I feel sorry for the guy. Actually, I've been thinking about it lately. Sorry as a song fits like a glove if you think about it as a message from a concerned fan to him. :/

You like to hurt me, you know that you do...

When you have the oxygen set-up of him, two songs into a set and sound winded it's time to re-evaluate. Soon enough he'll have to change the way he approaches certain songs because that 2010 tour really took a toll. Which was great, but he's getting old man and I can almost feel the pain in his screech, it sounds sore as hell. Half a step drop in the instruments might be in order soon.

That Philly concert was badass, but a bit out of the blue. 2012 was closer to those Brazil shows than to that most of the time.

A friend of mine was at the show tonight, said he turned on the rasp a couple of times. I think probably there will be odd one where he is on fire on this tour, making everybody who attended other shows feel bad.

During the shows here in Brazil, when he interacts with the crowd, he throws massive screams with this amazing voice. I really believe he can still sing like that, he just doesn't do it for some unknown reason. It involves a myriad of other things we are not aware of I think. Look at how much fun he is having in that Philly concert. He is rocking, and he knows that. I just can't feel that anymore from him. I can't understand how can this subject not come up in a single interview with him, or the band. How come nobody ever asked "why do you sing with clean vocals now".

Edited by Pedrolg
  • Like 1

well guys, i just got home, it started 23.34 pm and finished 02.10 pm. when you're there, at the live setting, it's pretty amazing. axl sounded fine, yup, no rasp at all, but sounded fine with the clean voice. there were raspy parts for sure like Better, Welcome to the Jungle and other songs. it was amazing, Axl was on awesome mood, joking around and smiling =) had a great time. Civil War was played by "request" =)

• Like 2

Nah, there are ways to ask that without stepping on his toes, really. "Your voice has changed, you`ve been singing with cleaner vocals now. Is that a personal preference, you maturing as a singer, is it something to preserve your health or has your voice simply changed?"

Voices do change. However, usually, they get raspier with time, not the other way, and it becomes harder to reach the higher notes. Just listen to the original recording of Dream on by Aerosmith, and any recent live performance.

I remember some reviews from 2010 and even from that exact Philly gig giving Axl shit for not hitting the higher notes as he used to. Maybe those got to him. You can say whatever you want about Mickey Mouse, but he reaches very high, higher than the beloved "rasp". I`m just speculating here, really. I don't think though, that Axl Rose is aware that his raspy voice returning would mean so much for so many fans right now. It seems to me that the full scope of that eternal question never made its way to him.

Nah, there are ways to ask that without stepping on his toes, really. "Your voice has changed, you`ve been singing with cleaner vocals now. Is that a personal preference, you maturing as a singer, is it something to preserve your health or has your voice simply changed?"

He will never answer that question. Ever.

It's like that anecdote he shared in Dublin. He said that "he had no idea" :rolleyes: as to why he couldn't finish Don't Cry with his "raspy voice". I mean, even if he's deliberately choosing to sing with clean vocals, how would you explain the completely out of shape state? He's out of breath every 5 seconds.

Guest Gunns

not that there's any point, but could someone update the first post with the setlist? I love reading the same setlist for the hundreth time and I get upset when I cant do it,I cant have a good night's sleep unless I read my daily dose of 'chinese, jungle, brownstone' ;)

Edited by Gunns