Guns N' Roses song instead of "Bohemian Rhapsody" in Waynes World?

in this interview Mike Myers said the producers wanted a Guns N' Roses song instead of Bohemian Rhapsody in that infamous scene, I am curous what song, any guesses?

—One thing Myers is proud of sticking up for is the “Bohemian Rhapsody” scene in Wayne’s World, his first movie. The producers wanted to replace the classic rock song by Queen with one by Guns N’ Roses, a more popular band in 1991. “I fought really, really hard for it. At one point I said to everybody, ‘Well, I’m out, I don’t want to make this movie if it’s not ‘Bohemian Rhapsody,’” he recalled. After the release of the film, the 1975 song went to no. 1 for the second time.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/the-best-revelations-from-mike-myers-wtf-podcast-93234975202.html

Are there other examples of old songs coming back as much as they did in this case? The Journey song from the Sopranos finale comes in mind but it's very rare.

Under Pressure was on the radio the other day and it got me thinking about how the Vanilla Ice controversy caused a huge come back for that song, then of course I thought of how Wayne's World affected Bohemian Rhapsody.

I was trying to think of other examples and couldn't come up with end but Don't Stop Believin' in The Sopranos is a great example.

Are there other examples of old songs coming back as much as they did in this case? The Journey song from the Sopranos finale comes in mind but it's very rare.

Under Pressure was on the radio the other day and it got me thinking about how the Vanilla Ice controversy caused a huge come back for that song, then of course I thought of how Wayne's World affected Bohemian Rhapsody.

I was trying to think of other examples and couldn't come up with end but Don't Stop Believin' in The Sopranos is a great example.

Bohemian Rhapsody was on another level though. It was HUGE again. Good catch with Under Pressure. Funny how Vanilla Ice tries to sell that he didn't copy it lol

I thought it was gonna happen with Baby Blue by Badfinger because of Breaking Bad....

I thought it was gonna happen with Baby Blue by Badfinger because of Breaking Bad....

Paint it Black in Tour of Duty maybe ? The series kind of triggered a whole sixties revival.

Yes

Quentin Tarantino makes surf rock a new hype. Most of the bands that used in Pulp Fiction went on to the charts after DECADES of the original releases

Edited by Crash Diet

I'd imagine Dean Martin's Kick in the Head song really took off again after Fallout: New Vegas was released. :lol:

Can't think of any others at the moment that had as much impact as Wayne's World gave Queen, unless you count things like N'Sync songs when they reunited last year for MTV.

Yes

Quentin Tarantino makes surf rock a new hype. Most of the bands that used in Pulp Fiction went on to the charts after DECADES of the original releases

Not to the same degree that they were on top 40 charts again.

Maybe not, but I do hear it on the radio more often.

Bohemian Rhapsody is also the only song to hit number one twice in its original form.