Rob Ford thread

Zint

I think it will come down to him and Chow come election night. We'll see. Should be an interesting few months of campaigning.

I don't see Tory dropping out. The whole reason he decided to jump in is based on the suspicion that Ford won't be able to keep it together until election day. Tory could win if Ford were to drop out, since a majority of Ford's voters would more likely vote for Tory than Chow. Granted, Ford may never drop out of the race, but there's always the possibility that Ford will slip up between now and the election.

Besides all of that, it's kind of ridiculous that the election season for the mayorship lasts nine or ten months. It should be thirty days. We elect premiers and prime ministers in one fifth the amount of time. And they have way more power and authority in both absolute and relative terms than the mayor of Toronto.

Oh I didn't mean that as a Tory dropping out scenario , I was thinking if Tory stayed in I could possibly seeing it coming down to Ford and Chow vying for it come election night, moreso than Tory. I guess it comes down to which way the right blows over the next few months.

I would like to see Chow take it from Ford...I think that would bust his balls more than Tory winning. :awesomeface:

• Like 1

I think it will come down to him and Chow come election night. We'll see. Should be an interesting few months of campaigning.

I don't see Tory dropping out. The whole reason he decided to jump in is based on the suspicion that Ford won't be able to keep it together until election day. Tory could win if Ford were to drop out, since a majority of Ford's voters would more likely vote for Tory than Chow. Granted, Ford may never drop out of the race, but there's always the possibility that Ford will slip up between now and the election.

Besides all of that, it's kind of ridiculous that the election season for the mayorship lasts nine or ten months. It should be thirty days. We elect premiers and prime ministers in one fifth the amount of time. And they have way more power and authority in both absolute and relative terms than the mayor of Toronto.

Oh I didn't mean that as a Tory dropping out scenario , I was thinking if Tory stayed in I could possibly seeing it coming down to Ford and Chow vying for it come election night, moreso than Tory. I guess it comes down to which way the right blows over the next few months.

I would like to see Chow take it from Ford...I think that would bust his balls more than Tory winning. :awesomeface:

One could only imagine the concession speech by Ford. And the post-election night fuckfest party.

I'm just going to put it out there that Ford's wife might want to leave the city for a few days following her husband's loss. I'd fear for her safety.

Edited by downzy

Has Rob started attending church?

Surely that's the next step in the great resurrection.

If I had to guess, Rob isn't scheduled to "find God" until sometime in August. It can't be too soon, otherwise the electorate might forget come Election Day.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Come on P5, there's already a Rob Ford thread! :anger:

Sorry, had to merge the two threads and give it an appropriate title.... :P

I concur with GG - though I'm not a fan of his performance as Mayor, I hope the tumour isn't cancerous.

Curious if this is the issue that finally gets him to drop out of the race.