Prostitute 6/4/2014: How Good Was It?

In comparison to the utterly awful performances of 2011-2014, I would say it was truly great. In comparison to 2010 performances, decent, but not that good.

Fuck of a lot better than the 2009 Prostitutes.

Yeah the 2009 versions were literally the first time he sang them with the band and it shows. The Las Vegas performances are more streamlined. ;)

In comparison to the utterly awful performances of 2011-2014, I would say it was truly great. In comparison to 2010 performances, decent, but not that good.

Fuck of a lot better than the 2009 Prostitutes.

Yeah the 2009 versions were literally the first time he sang them with the band and it shows. The Las Vegas performances are more streamlined. ;)

With that much time to practice, he had to pull through.

I only saw it on live stream, but I didn't think it was that great- but in comparison to how bad the SA leg and Golden Gods were it was amazing.

I don't think TWAT translates all that well live, Axl set the bar too high with the screaming.

Axl used to be all about voice, movement and attitude ...

The voice might be not that bad in this performance but the movement and attitude your brother used to see from Axl when he was 13, is totally gone ... so, I guess I understand your brother.

My elder brother was the one who showed me GN'R for the first time ... he isn't a fan anymore. :shrugs:

I was there and it really was that good. I get chills every time I watch it and see Axl nail that first scream and you can tell he knows he did it.

I'm with BS on this one. Being there for that performance was really pretty amazing. Even though Axl wasn't all over the stage, you could tell how into it he was - it was just a different sort of energy. Being there, watching him sing it from 5 feet away, you could tell he put damn near everything he had into singing the fuck out of that song.

It was still really good during the gig on the 6th too, but nothing compares to that performance on the 4th.

I remember cringing a little every time I hear those 2 guys at the beginning of the video creaming their pants and screaming PRAWSETUDE and I still do lol. I probably can't say that too loud, because I recall reading that they moderate here ;)...

I proudly admit I jizzed my pants when the band started playing Prostitute :shrugs:

This is the best assessment I can come up with as well.

I don't really care for this thread, but i see your point mags...
Considering what we saw from Axl in the past few years, this Prostitute performance is good, in fact i don't like this song at all, but this performance make me interested about Prostitute again...still not a big fan, though
btw why did you link the faggy Owen Wilson pic?

Does Slash make you younger?

I need to call that man!

and yeah, good post

I don't think your brother is a "super fan" at all, magisme

What Slash has to do with Axl being older and let himself go?

Edited by Strange Broue

Showed it to a friend of mine who was a big fan of GNR up to 2001, and he had a very "meh" reaction. This was about 3 days ago.

He stopped following the band completely in that year, and up to a few months ago didn't even know GNR still existed in some form.

On a sidenote, a few weeks ago this same friend watched a clip from GNR at Bucharest 2010, thought it was really recent and got ridiculously excited "Axl still got it", "he sounds godlike" "when are they touring again?". Bringing him back to earth was painful.

Even at 53 though, the guy moves around a lot more than many 25 year old singers.

I think it was a good performance. Axl still can put on a great performance when he wants to. Prostitute is a pretty hard song to sing, he was awful both times it was played in 2009.... I think even 2002 Axl would've stood relatively slow performing it. (just like OMG).

I need to call that man!

and yeah, good post

I think, all he wants to say is, time is running. Seems like it's difficult for Axl to bring it on stage nowadays and it won't get any better. So reunion now or never. I just think that's what he wanted to say.

• Like 1

Does the guy actually know the song?

My brother? Yeah, he's a huge GNR fan. He loves Chinese Democracy. :facepalm:

Seems like your brother has fine taste and is a better representation of the Mag clan.

I think it was fully there in 2010 for Axl. Truly great performances.

The Prostitute performance showed he is still fat and lazy, and that talent doesn't mean quality live. At least not for Axl. He needs to prepare but he doesn't.

It showed glimpses of what he is still capable of doing, which is giving really good live performances. Maybe great if he ever did the work but I doubt he's gonna stop being lazy.

It was good enough for me. I'd pay to see that live.

Edited by Rovim

I need to call that man!

and yeah, good post

I think, all he wants to say is, time is running. Seems like it's difficult for Axl to bring it on stage nowadays and it won't get any better. So reunion now or never. I just think that's what he wanted to say.

Yes. Thank you, Free Bird. Sometimes I forget that you can't assume basic reading comprehension.

So why isn't my brother a superfan, Strange?

Wow, and I thought I was a huge Axl fan. I guess I'm a huge GNR fan, not a fan of the individual components.

I still get chills watching classic performances from the actual band.

But never once have I enjoyed anything that any of the individual guys did on their own. Forums jizz when they see this video? I thought it was a s boring as a Wayne Newton number. This song and performance does absolutely nothing for me.

Same goes for Slash, izzy, and duffs solo work. It's all so boring. The songs that people post here as the greatest thing ever (omg just listen to this AMAZING new song by izzy, this is classi) just don't do anything at ALL for me.

I'm actually amazed that people feel passionately about this song and video. That's good though. But it's like wow. I'm just not a fan of the individual guys at all.

• Like 1

It's not about individual components. It's just that Axl's singing is, for most fans, an essential part of what makes GNR songs so good.

The voice has been, for the most part, gone for the past 4 years. He completely lost it in a sudden way, in 2011, after a tour where sounded pretty damn great. When fans have a glimpse that it still exists, excitement happens.

Many Axl performances that sound good to us sound embarrassing to other people.

In what sense?

In "Axl fans are always lowering the bar" or "Axl rasp vocals are not appreciated the same way outside Gn'R fans"?

Both, but I was mainly getting at the second point. We look for different things in Axl's voice. What we call a good vocal performance, many would say he sounds like a dying cat.

In what sense?

In "Axl fans are always lowering the bar" or "Axl rasp vocals are not appreciated the same way outside Gn'R fans"?

Both, but I was mainly getting at the second point. We look for different things in Axl's voice. What we call a good vocal performance, many would say he sounds like a dying cat.

Yes, absolutely. Most people I knwo of who doesn't like GN'R, doesn't like it because they detest Axl's voice. Which is fair enough, I can actually understand how it might be grating and annoying to people. I just happen to like it.

In what sense?

Oh, yeah, but that's the beauty of being a fan of a particular band. If those who don't like Axl's voice, would like it or love it, they would simply become fans like us. :lol: