Bumblefoot Reveals Why He Left Guns N' Roses

Bumblefoot Reveals Why He Left Guns N Roses

by Brett Buchanan - Apr 27, 2015

Former Guns N Roses guitarist Ron Bumblefoot Thal revealed why he left Guns N Roses in a new interview with Rolling Stone Indonesia. The following quote is translated, so obviously certain words may be lost in translation. Bumblefoot was asked about his relations with members of Guns N Roses.
Is different with each of its members. This is a very personal nature. I talked a lot with some of them, and partly I did not talk to them. I was not happy. Therefore, I also felt the need to resign because at the time I had reached the point where it affects the feeling of internal relations within the band. At that time I felt there was a point where I can not help anyone when to be there because its unhappiness. When it does, then you should know that it is time to go.
DJ Ashba recently claimed that Guns N Roses is on hiatus. Ever since I joined GNR six years ago, its almost been nonstop touring. But weve kind of talked of more touring, and Im looking at this more as a hiatus than the end, he told the Las Vegas Sun.

Downzy Edit: this news was originally published at htgth. Proper sourcing is respected. Link to quote is here:
http://rollingstone.co.id/read/2015/04/20/190213/2892914/1095/qa-ron-bumblefoot-thal?

Edited by downzy

Thanks for the years of service Bumble. Now please refrain from using the Guns N' Roses brand on all your future personal appearances because everybody knows they increased 100% since you joined the band, all the best..love wkuk04.

Thanks for the years of service Bumble. Now please refrain from using the Guns N' Roses brand on all your future personal appearances because everybody knows they increased 100% since you joined the band, all the best..love wkuk04.

I love you but this makes no sense whatsoever.

Yes, I love you :wub:

I'm messing. But thanks, I love you too. He put the time in absolutely it's the just passive aggression and the biting the hand that feeds that I find annoying. I don't mind Ron as a live guitarist, you have to admit he is more well known because of his time in GnR and so he will get more appearances request, guitar school requests, artists requests to appear on there records, it's all money in pockets.

I'm messing. But thanks, I love you too. He put the time in absolutely it's the just passive aggression and the biting the hand that feeds that I find annoying. I don't mind Ron as a live guitarist, you have to admit he is more well known because of his time in GnR and so he will get more appearances request, guitar school requests, artists requests to appear on there records, it's all money in pockets.

Of course it gave him a higher profile but that's the way it goes. Can't fault anyone for using any work experience for their benefit whether they loved or hated that previous work

Well GNR is doing no shit this year, If he had kept quiet and just did solo stuff or stuff with other bands like Ashba and Fortus then his place would have been secured for the 2016 tour, but well If I was in his place, even I would get pissed and take out my anger, now I wont be surprised if some Axl fanboys will blame BFF for everything and say Axl is God even though Axl hasnt released any shit since a long time

I really don't get these fanboys, like are you blind or what? If Axl is doing something wrong then he is doing it, they will call me a Slash fanboy but If Slash is wrong and Axl is right in something then I will say Slash is wrong

Well GNR is doing no shit this year, If he had kept quiet and just did solo stuff or stuff with other bands like Ashba and Fortus then his place would have been secured for the 2016 tour, but well If I was in his place, even I would get pissed and take out my anger, now I wont be surprised if some Axl fanboys will blame BFF for everything and say Axl is God even though Axl hasnt released any shit since a long time

I really don't get these fanboys, like are you blind or what? If Axl is doing something wrong then he is doing it, they will call me a Slash fanboy but If Slash is wrong and Axl is right in something then I will say Slash is wrong

To be fair, I feel as though it wasn't necessarily the schedule (I'm sure that was a part of it). It seems he just could not deal with the band itself.

Of course it gave him a higher profile but that's the way it goes. Can't fault anyone for using any work experience for their benefit whether they loved or hated that previous work

Agreed.

Rolling stone Indonesia? wasn't that the source for the Michael Jackson story? they do tend to have trouble relaying correct quotes... I don't doubt that he's gone though, I'm just surprised that he would give the scoop to RS Indonesia... he could have went on TMS or did a interview in Kerrang or Metal hammer and that would have spread much faster and wider, instead he's now going to be asked about it that much more to confirm it is actually true. Unless it's a video interview in which case all the above is irrelevant.

Edited by Tom2112

Rolling stone Indonesia? wasn't that the source for the Michael Jackson story? they do tend to have trouble relaying correct quotes... I don't doubt that he's gone though, I'm just surprised that he would give the scoop to RS Indonesia... he could have went on TMS or did a interview in Kerrang or Metal hammer and that would have spread much faster and wider, instead he's now going to be asked about it that much more to confirm it is actually true. Unless it's a video interview in which case all the above is irrelevant.

That's what I'm thinking too - I find it extraordinarily odd that he'd finally openly admit he left GN'R to Rolling Stone Indonesia of all publications. I'm thinking bad translation.

• Like 1

Like many have said before I wouldn't be shocked if Ron makes no official statement about his position in GnR and decides when the time comes if he's going to join them for the next bout of touring whenever it comes up.

One other interesting thing I'd like to point out (probably been pointed out a few times) is that Ron has been off the road with Guns for nearly a year now, his record is out and he still isn't touring it. He complained very loudly that guns were stomping on his touring plans, now that Guns are on Hiatus and he has a new release to promote he's not doing very much... I don't get it! he could easily promote his current release with a respectable tour or two and then be back well in time for whatever plans Gnr make... IF they ever decide to make any concrete plans. I think we all know the future of Guns is small tour (possible new album) - break - tour - longer break - tour - final break... there's quite a lot of space for solo work. Just ask every other member of the band.

I expect this was a translation error. For instance, "resign" can mean both to quit and to take a step back from something. Perhaps he's just saying he needed to take a step back and do his own thing for a little while, but once that goes from English to the local language and back again the meaning changes? Mind you, I think he's been out since Vegas, but I think this could explain the apparent switch in tone on whether he's still in or not.

On the next show someone in the audience will wear a "BBF is Gn'R" t-shirt that'll fuckin piss off Axl and he'll say: "BBF's in my ass, that's where BBF is"

I can see it coming already :P

Most prob. Axl wont even remember who is BFF, Axl will be like huh? who is this bumble bee?