Bumblefoot Reveals Why He Left Guns N' Roses

he following quote is translated, so obviously certain words may be lost in translation.

Lol this band or the members can't even manage a sacking announcement properly

This is the closest we get an actual confirmation that BBF is gone and this comes in an Indonesian RS article

I feel sorry for us

Btw Ron's reasons are understandable plus his endless whining was boring so i'm glad he left

Why do people get mad if he uses the GNR name? He was in the band for years, of course he should use it. You put good things on your resume don't you?

yes, but he was bitching about this band since 4 years so it would be better if he doesn't use the "i was in GNR" card

Not to mentrion he was (despite the 8 years of touring) a footnote on the bands history, which is sad

Edited by Strange Broue

This will bother Axl in terms of his own image. It is just another guitarest that left his band because they were unhappy.

Makes Slash right, and Axl is what everyone thinks he is.

But we've known Bumble is unhappy and he should have left before this. I appreciate him sticking it out as a fan of the band, but the performances fell apart after 2010, and rather that is because of the chemistry or just Axl doesn't matter. Something was wrong and this version of the band needs to end.

Nugnr is dead, all that is left is a reunion. Anyone wanting CD 2 made by members that have been gone for 10 years is a moron IMO (not personally, just saying). A new album from a band that doesn't even exist anymore, is just stupid. Might as well get the 1996 album then. The one that Axl, Slash, and Izzy worked on for a minute. That's the same as CD 2...

• Like 1

I don't think anyone can blame Ron for wanting to get out of that situation, GNR creatively has been on a hiatus for a while and even if things are going on behind the scenes they aren't coming out as new albums so it is pointless.

As for him using the GNR name to promote himself, I don't see the issue. He was in GNR and had more patience than any normal person would have dealing with the non-creative entity the band has been for years now. He deserves to have something to show for all of that time put into it

It's a fairly standard practice for musicians who have been in or apart of a well known band to advertise their associations. As someone pointed it in this thread, it's what everyone else does with a resume. Just another way of getting people's attention. If no other musician was doing it I can understand the criticism toward Ron, but really, it's a fairly common practice.

Russ and I were talking about this yesterday actually, and what we'll likely see from Axl/Guns going forward. In my opinion, and this is based on absolutely nothing but my own guess, we'll probably never see the 2006-2014 line up ever again. If Ron is out, I think others may be out as well. Then it's a matter of what Axl wants to do. I don't think we've heard the last from Axl. Instead of touring he could channel his focus on writing/recording music that's less mindful of the whole band/album/tour focus. Or maybe he throws together a band once a year to play a Vegas residency and bank enough money to pay for his lifestyle. Who plays in this band could change on a yearly basis. Or maybe he forms a loose association of musicians who once was a member of GNR at some point. There's a lot of options. Moreover, there's a lot of music sitting in the vault, and I've got to think that Axl isn't the kind of guy who can sit around and do absolutely nothing for the rest of his life. Yeah, I know some of you might find that statement funny, but just because we the public don't aren't privy to the activity doesn't mean there isn't any.

• Like 1

It's a fairly standard practice for musicians who have been in or apart of a well known band to advertise their associations. As someone pointed it in this thread, it's what everyone else does with a resume. Just another way of getting people's attention. If no other musician was doing it I can understand the criticism toward Ron, but really, it's a fairly common practice.

Russ and I were talking about this yesterday actually, and what we'll likely see from Axl/Guns going forward. In my opinion, and this is based on absolutely nothing but my own guess, we'll probably never see the 2006-2014 line up ever again. If Ron is out, I think others may be out as well. Then it's a matter of what Axl wants to do. I don't think we've heard the last from Axl. Instead of touring he could channel his focus on writing/recording music that's less mindful of the whole band/album/tour focus. Or maybe he throws together a band once a year to play a Vegas residency and bank enough money to pay for his lifestyle. Who plays in this band could change on a yearly basis. Or maybe he forms a loose association of musicians who once was a member of GNR at some point. There's a lot of options. Moreover, there's a lot of music sitting in the vault, and I've got to think that Axl isn't the kind of guy who can sit around and do absolutely nothing for the rest of his life. Yeah, I know some of you might find that statement funny, but just because we the public don't aren't privy to the activity doesn't mean there isn't any.

If Beta tells you they're holding auditions.... put in a good word for me, yeh? :P

If Beta tells you they're holding auditions.... put in a good word for me, yeh? :P

Sure. While I'm at it, I'll also put in a good word for you if Jennifer Lawrence tells me she's looking for a fuck buddy? Because that's just as likely to happen. :awesomeface:

• Like 2

I have a feeling Tommy is out too. Maybe reduced to studio. After the last go around, It was clear that GNR wasn't his priority. Maybe Duff is back full time?

I have a feeling Tommy is out too. Maybe reduced to studio. After the last go around, It was clear that GNR wasn't his priority. Maybe Duff is back full time?

Again, speaking from a position of the uninformed, I really have to agree with your assessment. I get why Tommy joined GNR way back when (money, opportunity, plus the challenge of putting GNR back together again), but I don't see why he'd stay with he band now. Chinese Democracy came out; he got to see that project through despite it taking over a decade of his time and effort. He's toured the world, likely made millions in the process, and now is playing with The Replacements, the band that he's known for. Artistically and creatively, I'm not sure why he'd favour GNR over The Replacements at this point. Plus it seems more than likely that Duff would be willing to step in if Tommy wanted to focus his energy on the Replacements. Seems like a win-win for both Tommy and Duff, and maybe even a bigger win for Axl having Duff back in the band.

I say just retire the name if theres no reunion (or if reunion is strictly for touring purposes) and just put the music out solo. If he feels it was too much of collaborative effort to just called Axl Rose and then come up with a new name or call it Axl Rose & Co (new name) and just get some new fucking music out already.

so my understanding is mygnr posters and mygnr admins can't say with 100% certainty bbf is out of gnr? is that it?

Because it hasn't been 100 percent officially confirmed. This interview from Rolling Stone Indonesia is the closes we have, and due to issues with translation, we still can't say definitely that Ron is no longer in the band. We wouldn't want to represent that we know for sure since neither Ron nor GNR has said anything to us directly about the matter.

But I think there's enough smoke here to know that there's some fire to all of this. No admin or mod on this forum has been told directly nor has their been an english interview where either Ron or GNR makes it clear that the two are no longer involved with one another.

Yet, I think it's fairly clear where things stand between Ron and GNR.

Again, speaking from a position of the uninformed, I really have to agree with your assessment. I get why Tommy joined GNR way back when (money, opportunity, plus the challenge of putting GNR back together again), but I don't see why he'd stay with he band now. Chinese Democracy came out; he got to see that project through despite it taking over a decade of his time and effort. He's toured the world, likely made millions in the process, and now is playing with The Replacements, the band that he's known for. Artistically and creatively, I'm not sure why he'd favour GNR over The Replacements at this point. Plus it seems more than likely that Duff would be willing to step in if Tommy wanted to focus his energy on the Replacements. Seems like a win-win for both Tommy and Duff, and maybe even a bigger win for Axl having Duff back in the band.

Tommy'll probably need more GNR money, though. They can only milk The Replacements reunion thing for so long and I think he's going through/been through a messy divorce with a kid involved so his coffers will be getting drained.

Tommy'll probably need more GNR money, though. They can only milk The Replacements reunion thing for so long and I think he's going through/been through a messy divorce with a kid involved so his coffers will be getting drained.

Where'd you hear that?

None of this is ground-breaking stuff.

It still might not be 100% confirmed if hes out or not (in English).. but lets face it.. the band is doing stuff all... Axl hasnt been seen in months and even if he had what difference would it make because no-one from management speaks to the fans and neither does he.

However.. someone must be working hard behind the scenes ;) .. i mean.. we have a new nightrain membership and merchandise to get excited about.. which all die-hards can buy for a band that doesnt do anything and is completely disfunctional.. :lol:

22 years since the original band did anything relevant and this is what its come too. :shrugs:

Trust me boys and girls.. dont expect anything and you wont be dissapointed! Because its dead... very very dead!

Seems like he's hinting at internal problems with other band members.

Seems like Ron and Dj/Fortus have a different take. They accept Axl. Agitating with Axl goes nowhere.

For some reason Axl is taking parts of Fortus and Dj and coming up with a song according to Fortus. But Ron isn't in that loop.

To be honest Little Brother needs to be a pure statement not dismantled for parts.

Edited by wasted

Thanks for the years of service Bumble. Now please refrain from using the Guns N' Roses brand on all your future personal appearances because everybody knows they increased 100% since you joined the band, all the best..love wkuk04.

You act like you have rights to llcencing and branding of the GnR name yourself and have a say in who uses the GnR name or not when it comes to members and former members. Bumblefoot whether you like it or not was in GUNS N ROSES. he was wasn't he. He was a part of the real band Gun s N Roses right? Fans like you preached for years that this is GnR whether any of us like it or not it IS Guns N Roses and so he was a part of it almost as long as Slash and now you say he has to stop all mention of his involvement over the last 7 years? Blown away by how psycho some fans can be.

I wonder where Ron learned to milk the GNR name for undeserved attention. :lol:

Some guy name Bill I think..... oh you meant DJ. Gotcha. Well he learned from two of the best either way.

Edited by Bono