RUMOR: The Original Lineup Will Tour, Then Axl Will Retire

The report is from the Axl Rose Fa Clube page, which doesn't exactly have the most reliable track record, but figured it was worth posting here.

A new report has surfaced regarding the ongoing rumors of classic Guns N' Roses reunion, claiming that vocalist Axl Rose is planning to get the gang back together for an exclusive tour and then retire.

Last year, Radar Online reported that Axl was indeed planning to disband GN'R after wrapping up the Vegas residency.

"Band members have been told their calendars are free following Vegas. Axl is considering retiring and it's done. Band members and support staff were surprised when told the news and are actively looking for work," the source noted.

The new report comes from Axl Rose - Fa Clube, claiming that the singer is "not willing to make live appearances" anymore, and that he's "claiming to no longer have the voice to tour. Rose would like to take the rest of his life in peace in Malibu."

The source further points out that the reunion trek would consist of a smaller number of shows, as well as that guitarist Izzy Stradlin was already contacted about the whole matter.

There's been a lot of weird stuff circulating the web on this matter, as even Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst got involved by saying that he was the one who reconciled Axl and Slash, recently adding that he has a "strong feeling that there's gonna be a Guns N' Roses tour coming up." You can check him out briefly talking about GN'R here.

In related news, GN'R bassist Tommy Stinson recently said that the group's current lineup is basically over. As widely reported, this whole thing started with Slash saying that he's back on friendly terms with Rose.

SOURCE: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/report_classic_gnr_will_reunite_for_a_tour_and_then_axl_rose_will_retire.html

I cannot understand why Axl would just delete everything he fought so hard to achieve for 10 fucking years of confusion and catharsis just for a paycheque, it goes against the man's very fiber... Chinese Democracy is his middle finger to everyone's demands and whining and his personal monument, carrying the weight of the band's ghostly afterimage... I consider it a GNR record because it is in the vein of GNR and Axl is composing and screaming still, it's the evolution of GNR, it's not GNR as we knew it but it is a GNR record because Axl is the driving force still. He suffered beyond his own limits at times just to get that band accepted as a functioning monster once again, and that record out, he fought against it even but it somehow crept out and was appreciated by many... why would you fight that hard just to throw in the towel and do a bland reunion which would be incredibly hollow, it wasn't a split like many other legendary acts, it was a damn volcanic eruption splitting the man into fragile and sharp-edged pieces... I still honestly believe it would take Axl about 20 years to even consider creating music with Slash again, it's taken him 10+years to work on one album and it's going to be almost 10 years before he puts out the music he worked on during the CD sessions, you honestly think the perfectionist who operates on Axltime regardless of what it costs him in the short term, would abandon that project for a reunion??

• Like 1

I cannot understand why Axl would just delete everything he fought so hard to achieve for 10 fucking years of confusion and catharsis just for a paycheque, it goes against the man's very fiber... Chinese Democracy is his middle finger to everyone's demands and whining and his personal monument, carrying the weight of the band's ghostly afterimage... I consider it a GNR record because it is in the vein of GNR and Axl is composing and screaming still, it's the evolution of GNR, it's not GNR as we knew it but it is a GNR record because Axl is the driving force still. He suffered beyond his own limits at times just to get that band accepted as a functioning monster once again, and that record out, he fought against it even but it somehow crept out and was appreciated by many... why would you fight that hard just to throw in the towel and do a bland reunion which would be incredibly hollow, it wasn't a split like many other legendary acts, it was a damn volcanic eruption splitting the man into fragile and sharp-edged pieces... I still honestly believe it would take Axl about 20 years to even consider creating music with Slash again, it's taken him 10+years to work on one album and it's going to be almost 10 years before he puts out the music he worked on during the CD sessions, you honestly think the perfectionist who operates on Axltime regardless of what it costs him in the short term, would abandon that project for a reunion??

That's a solid post you got there. But remember that Axl has this irritating tendency of defying logic every now and then, like letting the new-new band go just like that.

Axl will retire when he says he will, it's like with his open letter about the RNR HOF hè will sent a message to the world when there is something big going on around him or something hè conciders important. I think in this case no news is good news, God knows whats going on in GN'R land at the moment but then again they always Come up with something after silence, and if hè would have retired hè would tell. If a reunion will happen or not they will tell as soon as everything is figured out on all sides.

That's a solid post you got there. But remember that Axl has this irritating tendency of defying logic every now and then, like letting the new-new band go just like that.
That's what makes me not write this new rumor off right away. It would make sense. Axl doesn't want to keep touring with his voice shot, so he lets the band go after Vegas. Then he gets back on good terms with Slash, and decides to give the old band one last hurrah before hanging it up. It seems far-fetched, but fits with the oddities of how stuff has been handled.

Wasn't this already posted and locked? I'm all for discussing rumors but I think Fred Durst is a more legitimate source than some kid who runs an Axl Rose fan club on Facebook.

Yeah but has he even met Axl or Slash? The douchebag kid who got an autograph may at least have something to stand on you never know..

I don't see anyone pulling ahead that's my point...

Most people who announce a retirement tour wind up doing another tour. The demand for GNR shows goes up the longer he sits out touring, a reunion, even more so.

That's how you make mad $$$$

Ask pro wrestling fans. They bitch and complain about wrestlers getting big money for part time gigs, yet pay them that money to main event over full timers. Makes sense right?

Christmas comes once a year. If it came everyday it wouldn't be special. No artist ever truly retires so Axl ain't going nowhere..

Edited by Billsfan

Tbf when this original news saying the band would be dissolved and members allowed to do their own thing, our reaction was to call bullshit. That turned out to be considerably accurate though.

That is weird though Manets. It says Axl thinks his voice is gone and is not willing to appear live anymore - so, because of that, he is booking a tour with the old band. Doesn't make much sense.

Tbf when this original news saying the band would be dissolved and members allowed to do their own thing, our reaction was to call bullshit. That turned out to be considerably accurate though.

That is weird though Manets. It says Axl thinks his voice is gone and is not willing to appear live anymore - so, because of that, he is booking a tour with the old band. Doesn't make much sense.

Because there's too much money to make from the old band. $$$ Talks.

Mickey mouse voice or not we all would pay to see it. Could be Axl'sway of fading into the sunset but..idk i still say at some point he releases something.

Although it would be humurous if the old band got back together and they released something, even if it was just a song.

• Like 1

I didn't realize the other thread was locked. I'm keeping this open because yes, it is a rumor (albeit highly unlikely), but we've left other rumor threads open in the past. If another mod or admin would like to close it, so be it. But, I'm leaving it open.

Feel free to discuss the ridiculousness if you wish.

• Like 1