Will the world forgive Axl if he doesn't do the reunion?

Axl's retired. And the world doesn't give a fuck.

and we are still here :axl:

faxl wins

lol

Just wondering is there any proof that he is retired or is this pure speculation?

It's people completely ignorant to the history of GN'R who interprets another round of silence from Axl as him having retired.

Nah, that's not entirely fair. This silence and vanishing was preceded by rather lacklustre touring and an absence of statements from Axl that implied he was enthusiastic about the future of GN'R. He also sent out platinum records to band members. And a couple band members quit while the rest seem to be as in the dark of the future of GN'R as we are.

I'd say it is business as usual. Axl has these long-cycles mood swings and changes in interests. It will probably turn around. For all I know, he may already be tinkling away on the next release and starting to think about whether he wants to tour more and if so who he wants in the band. But I dunno.

Axl has not retired. The band is on hiatus. They will be back! The arm chair psychoanalysis is not helpful or appreciated.

It's a forum to discuss things related to GNR which includes personal opinions. People that think Axl is retired are just as entitled to their opinion as you are to yours.

• Like 4

Axl has not retired. The band is on hiatus. They will be back! The arm chair psychoanalysis is not helpful or appreciated.

It's a forum to discuss things related to GNR which includes personal opinions. People that think Axl is retired are just as entitled to their opinion as you are to yours.
That is true. But some people cross the line when they make unkind and unqualified references to Axl's mental health. thats my only issue with some of the comments. Edited by Little EMO Annie

That is true. But some people cross the line when they make unkind and unqualified references to Axl's mental health. thats my only issue with some of the comments.

You saying I cross the line when I state that Axl has "long-cycled mood swings and changes in interests"? You disagree with that or just don't think it should be said in the open? Personally, I think it is fairly obvious and that people here need to know it to adjust their expectations. A lot of the disappointments in the fan base is due to us expecting things that are unrealistic taking Axl's personality into account. We could save us a lot of this, and a lot of pointless arguing back and forth, by having a reality check.

Without the reunion Axl will always be known as the loser who ruined Guns n Roses. That's just a fact. That's the perception at large and it would be hilarious to see anyone try to argue otherwise. If they reunite and put out a good album he may be given some reprieve but honestly hiss legacy is intact as a wicked frontman who became a joke of his former self and a douchebag who ruined Guns n Roses.

Don't forget that everyone wrote him off in the early 00s, he was a chub then too. He comes back in 06 and everybody has forgot about the poor 02 tour / VMAs and the paunch. If he comes back (even with the current incarnation) looking and sounding good, with a decent album people will be happy to see him, and they will continue to go to the shows.

Ummm... NO not everyone forgot. The hardocre fans may have forgave but the public perception at large was still he had turned into a douche who ruined GnR and was a shell of himself. Two of the shows I went to in 2006 were awful and he did more to hurt his rep among friends I went with than erase what people had come to think. He came out in 2006 and put out an album only 2 years later. Nobody wants or cares about Slashless Axl Rose so.....

Sorry Bono, but you're wrong. People care and are happy to support a Slashless gnr. Proven each time Guns roll around the world and sell a boat load of tickets. It's also proven when Axl is spotted out and about and it becomes global music news... wow! Axl is shopping or at a club... if nobody cared, the media wouldn't cover it.

Facts are, most people don't care who's in the band, they only care now because there's a huge spotlight on Gnr and a global boner for classic guns. In 2006-2014 people went to see gnr and most agreed that it was a damn good show.

I saw guns in 2006, friends that came with me who weren't even big fans left convinced about the new band (dublin 06)... so weigh that up against your experience and you can see that not everybody is gonna walk away with the same feelings. They still think he's a nut job, and an asshole but they know he puts on a good show.

Haha! Gotta love those who are lost in the confines of the online GnR bubble. You are so out of touch man it's actually scary. You say nobody cares who's in the band yet follow it up immediately by saying the world has a boner for classic Guns. You can't even get your own thoughts straight on the subject. FACT is I'm right and there is no ifs ands or buts about that when it comes to this. You're completely blinded by Axl fandom.

Online bubble? if anyone is stuck in a bubble it's you. You're ridiculously butt hurt over Axl and the old band. And you are completely and utterly blinded by you're distaste for anything current Axl or GnR.

I don't think GnR are the biggest band in the world, and I don't think they'd become the biggest band in the world upon reuniting... I do firmly believe that if they did reunite they would do great business (stadiums, and bigger arenas, similar to what bands like Metallica or Bon Jovi, van Halen play). That's a belief that a lot of industry people (people who have a clue) seem to be behind too... exactly how many people have spoken about a reunion being an arena tour at best??? hmmm? haven't come across anyone, besides yourself :P that thinks that.

And the facts are that new gnr have done pretty well for themselves as a touring entity. You can try and dispute it but we all know that they've sold out plenty of gigs worldwide. Not saying they've been a roaring success at all times, but they definitely pull a crowd more often than not. And yes, we all know the UCAP run wasn't all sold out and they were playing small venues... yada, yada, yada - we've all heard that line, which is thrown around here by people like you as ammo to prove new guns aren't a successful group.

And, I said most people don't care who's in the band... I said that right now they do, but it's only because every second day there's a news story about the classic Guns reunion. It will dissipate when the stories slow down. People will go back to not caring who's in the band, and go to the show regardless, just as they have for the past 10 / 15 years of new gnr.

Hahahahahahahaha! I live in reality buddy. The fact you're sitting there actually making a case for nuGnR shows how deep inside the bubble you are. get outside and breath the fresh air. You're actually talking about shit I haven't even said and saying it as if I did. Where the fuck do you get thsi garabge? And this blinded Axl worship bullsit that you keep spewing that nobody cares who's in the band.... Ummmmm YES THEY DO! They want the real band. Fuck. Some of you are so delusional in this GnR world I don't even know how you manage day to day life. I really don't. I'm at a loss anymore of how to even reply to you zealots.

• Like 1

True... to a point, But shouldn't opinion be backed up with an element of truth? Axl has never mentioned retiring and actually denied it in 2014 as he apparently had plans for new music and tours. I think talking about Axl as if he's retired is a waste of time, until we hear something to say otherwise.

• Like 1

True... to a point, But shouldn't opinion be backed up with an element of truth? Axl has never mentioned retiring and actually denied it in 2014 as he apparently had plans for new music and tours. I think talking about Axl as if he's retired is a waste of time, until we hear something to say otherwise.

I totally agree. People do have a right to express their opinions whether positive or negative in a forum. But if the majority of posts are negative, why on Earth would the artist at want to interact with said individuals. We all have choices. And with those choices come consequences.

I totally agree. People do have a right to express their opinions whether positive or negative in a forum. But if the majority of posts are negative, why on Earth would the artist at want to interact with said individuals. We all have choices. And with those choices come consequences.

This is a discussion forum, if band members choose to interact then most people appreciate that. If they don't that's their choice to make and perhaps understandable when a fair amount of criticism is aired but that shouldn't mean we should completely stop discussing our thoughts on GNR, even if negative ( rudeness and insults are uncalled for imo). I don't see any evidence of Axl spending swathes of time on any forums including the official Nightrain one so basing a forum around the premise he might interact seems somewhat futile.

• Like 1

It is an odd situation with Axl because he insists on going on these ''Area 51'' style hiatuses, usually lasting around two-three years (e.g. 2003-2005). These leave a conversational vacuum. We can only fill that vacuum with speculation, rumour and yes, criticism, if the band or management insist on not communicating and vacate the stage.

Axl could defend himself, couldn't he, yet he chooses not to?

Without the reunion Axl will always be known as the loser who ruined Guns n Roses. That's just a fact. That's the perception at large and it would be hilarious to see anyone try to argue otherwise. If they reunite and put out a good album he may be given some reprieve but honestly hiss legacy is intact as a wicked frontman who became a joke of his former self and a douchebag who ruined Guns n Roses.

Don't forget that everyone wrote him off in the early 00s, he was a chub then too. He comes back in 06 and everybody has forgot about the poor 02 tour / VMAs and the paunch. If he comes back (even with the current incarnation) looking and sounding good, with a decent album people will be happy to see him, and they will continue to go to the shows.

Ummm... NO not everyone forgot. The hardocre fans may have forgave but the public perception at large was still he had turned into a douche who ruined GnR and was a shell of himself. Two of the shows I went to in 2006 were awful and he did more to hurt his rep among friends I went with than erase what people had come to think. He came out in 2006 and put out an album only 2 years later. Nobody wants or cares about Slashless Axl Rose so.....

Sorry Bono, but you're wrong. People care and are happy to support a Slashless gnr. Proven each time Guns roll around the world and sell a boat load of tickets. It's also proven when Axl is spotted out and about and it becomes global music news... wow! Axl is shopping or at a club... if nobody cared, the media wouldn't cover it.

Facts are, most people don't care who's in the band, they only care now because there's a huge spotlight on Gnr and a global boner for classic guns. In 2006-2014 people went to see gnr and most agreed that it was a damn good show.

I saw guns in 2006, friends that came with me who weren't even big fans left convinced about the new band (dublin 06)... so weigh that up against your experience and you can see that not everybody is gonna walk away with the same feelings. They still think he's a nut job, and an asshole but they know he puts on a good show.

Haha! Gotta love those who are lost in the confines of the online GnR bubble. You are so out of touch man it's actually scary. You say nobody cares who's in the band yet follow it up immediately by saying the world has a boner for classic Guns. You can't even get your own thoughts straight on the subject. FACT is I'm right and there is no ifs ands or buts about that when it comes to this. You're completely blinded by Axl fandom.

Online bubble? if anyone is stuck in a bubble it's you. You're ridiculously butt hurt over Axl and the old band. And you are completely and utterly blinded by you're distaste for anything current Axl or GnR.

I don't think GnR are the biggest band in the world, and I don't think they'd become the biggest band in the world upon reuniting... I do firmly believe that if they did reunite they would do great business (stadiums, and bigger arenas, similar to what bands like Metallica or Bon Jovi, van Halen play). That's a belief that a lot of industry people (people who have a clue) seem to be behind too... exactly how many people have spoken about a reunion being an arena tour at best??? hmmm? haven't come across anyone, besides yourself :P that thinks that.

And the facts are that new gnr have done pretty well for themselves as a touring entity. You can try and dispute it but we all know that they've sold out plenty of gigs worldwide. Not saying they've been a roaring success at all times, but they definitely pull a crowd more often than not. And yes, we all know the UCAP run wasn't all sold out and they were playing small venues... yada, yada, yada - we've all heard that line, which is thrown around here by people like you as ammo to prove new guns aren't a successful group.

And, I said most people don't care who's in the band... I said that right now they do, but it's only because every second day there's a news story about the classic Guns reunion. It will dissipate when the stories slow down. People will go back to not caring who's in the band, and go to the show regardless, just as they have for the past 10 / 15 years of new gnr.

Hahahahahahahaha! I live in reality buddy. The fact you're sitting there actually making a case for nuGnR shows how deep inside the bubble you are. get outside and breath the fresh air. You're actually talking about shit I haven't even said and saying it as if I did. Where the fuck do you get thsi garabge? And this blinded Axl worship bullsit that you keep spewing that nobody cares who's in the band.... Ummmmm YES THEY DO! They want the real band. Fuck. Some of you are so delusional in this GnR world I don't even know how you manage day to day life. I really don't. I'm at a loss anymore of how to even reply to you zealots.

I was preempting your response after I called current gnr a touring success. Gnr tour around the world, without new music to promote still selling out (or come quite close to filling) the majority of venues that they play. Most of the people in attendance know that Axl is the only original member yet they still fork out €60-80 to see him, most of which give positive reviews too (aside from the late start gigs). What part of that isn't true?

Axl worship; that would be saying - everything he records is gold, every performance is 100%, that Axl not releasing new music is OK, and that we just need to thank him for what he's already given us, that all his decisions for guns are just and make good business sense, that he looks and sings well... read the majority of my posts on here and I'm more often than not bashing one or more of these things. According to you, anyone who doesn't hate all things current guns is an Axl worshipper (there's definitely some critical thinking going on there, a very balanced argument with no bias whatsoever :facepalm: ).

I think I've got a fairly balanced view on GnR / Axl. You? on the other hand are completely and utterly bogged down in a break up that happened 20+ years ago (that's reality), and you place all the blame on one person (delusion); even though the individual band members and people around them at the time have all accepted and talked openly about the roles they played in the downfall of the original unit (reality).

I don't dispute that people want to see a reunion, I've said it in my past comments... we've all said it (somehow you managed to twist that). All I'm saying is that quite a lot of people are happy to go see the current gnr, and if the original got back together they'd be ecstatic. But, if it doesn't happen those same people will happily continue to support to the current version as they love the songs and while those are being performed well they have no reason to moan.

faxl wins

lol

Just wondering is there any proof that he is retired or is this pure speculation?

Strong rumors after Vegas. Also heard it myself from a source within the band's circle so certainly not baseless.

Add to that the fact that Axl a. Hasn't got off his arse in 18 months and b. Has let his band completely dissolve.

The fact is Axl doesn't give a flying fuck about Guns N Roses and hasn't done for a long time.

It is an odd situation with Axl because he insists on going on these ''Area 51'' style hiatuses, usually lasting around two-three years (e.g. 2003-2005). These leave a conversational vacuum. We can only fill that vacuum with speculation, rumour and yes, criticism, if the band or management insist on not communicating and vacate the stage.

Why on earth would any sane person choose to interact with people who insist on bashing them at any given moment ?

faxl wins

lol

Strong rumors after Vegas. Also heard it myself from a source within the band's circle so certainly not baseless.

Add to that the fact that Axl a. Hasn't got off his arse in 18 months and b. Has let his band completely dissolve.

The fact is Axl doesn't give a flying fuck about Guns N Roses and hasn't done for a long time.

That statement is completed false. TRUTH!

Why on earth would any sane person choose to interact with people who insist on bashing them at any given moment ?

Well that is a vicious circle you are describing seeing as the main arguments against Axl are A/ He does not communicate in the slightest and B/ He never releases material, the A option being pertinent here.

From my experience, most of the people who criticise Axl here are not generally full on Axl-hating reunion obsessed diehards but disenfranchised fans, people who actually supported new gnr until a certain point in time but slowly got tired of the bullshit which emanates from that band and management. In other words, the bashing is solely Axl's own creation.

faxl wins

lol

That statement is completed false. TRUTH!

Yeah, his amount of effort and investment is just palpable isn't it? You can tell how deeply he cares by the fact he never rehearses, makes a fool of himself at Rio and Bridge School, never adds new songs to the set, hasn't released an album in 7 years and doesn't even say anything when 2 of his guitarists quit.

Yeah, you're right. Guns N' Roses clearly matters a ton to him.

Gn'R is everything for Axl, his rise and his demise, his blessing and his curse, his own and only baby. He could not probably even dissociate his own persona from the name if he wanted. Whatever his (genius) troubled mind had planned for it we'll probably never know...

Edited by trqster

Gn'R is everything for Axl, his rise and his demise, his blessing and his curse, his own and only baby. He could not probably even dissociate his own persona from the name if he wanted. Whatever his (genius) troubled mind had planned for it we'll probably never know...

What a profound statement. I have met a lot of actors. More so than musicians. They speak of how playing a character for a long time can merge with their personality. If GNR fans were more like.fans of the totally awesome American TV show SUPERNATURAL we would all be a much happier community. All the actors were willing to spend hours signing autographs and taking pictures with 2 thousand fans this past weekend because of all the genuine love and support between fan and artist.

This is a discussion forum, if band members choose to interact then most people appreciate that. If they don't that's their choice to make and perhaps understandable when a fair amount of criticism is aired but that shouldn't mean we should completely stop discussing our thoughts on GNR, even if negative ( rudeness and insults are uncalled for imo). I don't see any evidence of Axl spending swathes of time on any forums including the official Nightrain one so basing a forum around the premise he might interact seems somewhat futile.

What Alfie said. Furthermore saying "the majority of posts are negative" is not only an opinion, but an incorrect one at that.

Posting here to discuss your point of view and how it differs from others is welcomed. However, posting just to insult other users and the forum itself is not.

you are wrong and always have been wrong. Axl is a private person. Some people just WANT to hate him

Not true (for most people here) I feel. As I said, just about everybody here probably supported Axl up to a point whether that point be 2002, 2011 - pick your year.

you are wrong and always have been wrong. Axl is a private person. Some people just WANT to hate him

Do you always just stamp your feet and cry when someone provides evidence to back up their claims?

"It's not true, because....it's not true. You're wrong. Boo hoo"

And I don't 'want to hate him'. I want him to stop being a fat useless washed-up has been who's completely incapable of putting out music or holding a band together.

Edited by tomfriend