Will the world forgive Axl if he doesn't do the reunion?

It is an odd situation with Axl because he insists on going on these ''Area 51'' style hiatuses, usually lasting around two-three years (e.g. 2003-2005). These leave a conversational vacuum. We can only fill that vacuum with speculation, rumour and yes, criticism, if the band or management insist on not communicating and vacate the stage.

Axl could defend himself, couldn't he, yet he chooses not to?

Why on earth would any sane person choose to interact with people who insist on bashing them at any given moment ?

Axl's retired. And the world doesn't give a fuck.

and we are still here :axl:

faxl wins

lol

Just wondering is there any proof that he is retired or is this pure speculation?
Strong rumors after Vegas. Also heard it myself from a source within the band's circle so certainly not baseless.

Add to that the fact that Axl a. Hasn't got off his arse in 18 months and b. Has let his band completely dissolve.

The fact is Axl doesn't give a flying fuck about Guns N Roses and hasn't done for a long time.

That statement is completed false. TRUTH!

Yeah, his amount of effort and investment is just palpable isn't it? You can tell how deeply he cares by the fact he never rehearses, makes a fool of himself at Rio and Bridge School, never adds new songs to the set, hasn't released an album in 7 years and doesn't even say anything when 2 of his guitarists quit.

Yeah, you're right. Guns N' Roses clearly matters a ton to him.

Look at how much attention Rio and Bridge got them though. You could make a case that things like these actually help the band. Collosal disasters are put of the GNR allure.

I'm hoping Wasted compiles his musings on Chinese Democracy into book form. Essays on Chinese Democracy by Wasted, about War and Peace in size, ''hard drugs preferred but not essential''.

I'd buy that book.

Out of all the people who hate on the CD fanatics you do it the most intelligently.

Diesels one of my favorite posters on here. Even though i dont always agree with his opinions, he always presents them really good and enjoy going back and forth with him when we do. Wish there was more like 'em!

Yeah, I disagree him with him most of the time save our shared Shakey appreciation, but I enjoy the banter.

GNR has always been controversial. as much as people bitch about GNR or Axl, deep down I think they love it really. Motely pretend to be badasses but it feels choreographed. GNR is legitimately unstable but when it comes together it's much sweeter. Like you just never know about a reunion. If it happens could be great or the worsest nightmare. And you won't know until like 20 seconds into the show.

After everything i won't forgive him if he DOES a reunion. Fuck that shit, if he sells out then fuck him

Gn'R is everything for Axl, his rise and his demise, his blessing and his curse, his own and only baby. He could not probably even dissociate his own persona from the name if he wanted. Whatever his (genius) troubled mind had planned for it we'll probably never know...

What a profound statement. I have met a lot of actors. More so than musicians. They speak of how playing a character for a long time can merge with their personality. If GNR fans were more like.fans of the totally awesome American TV show SUPERNATURAL we would all be a much happier community. All the actors were willing to spend hours signing autographs and taking pictures with 2 thousand fans this past weekend because of all the genuine love and support between fan and artist.

calling someone who works on supernatural an artist HAHA!

• Like 1

I just watched the O2 Arena show on Palladium again. Voice is shot and has been for a long time. I've been a diehard fan since Appetite. At this point I think I'd rather have Chinese leftovers than a reunion. He voice sounds too weak live now and has for years.

Edited by Trin9498
  • Like 1

I just watched the O2 Arena show on Palladium again. Voice is shot and has been for a long time. I've been a diehard fan since Appetite. At this point I think I'd rather have Chinese leftovers than a reunion. He sounds like shit live now and has for years.

I just watched A4D and that O2 gig recently and thought they were phenomenal. They are definitely even better than I remembered. For me the recent runs have been highly underrated. I think he still has a lot of power in his voice.

I just watched the O2 Arena show on Palladium again. Voice is shot and has been for a long time. I've been a diehard fan since Appetite. At this point I think I'd rather have Chinese leftovers than a reunion. He sounds like shit live now and has for years.

I just watched A4D and that O2 gig recently and thought they were phenomenal. They are definitely even better than I remembered. For me the recent runs have been highly underrated. I think he still has a lot of power in his voice.

02 show is better than A4D in my opinion. Regardless, huge change in quality over past ten years. Don't get me wrong, I know ten years is a long time, but I just can't get over how noticeably different it is - the Ashba GNR just lacked the charisma of the Finck GNR too

Slash makes money = media whore.

Axl makes money = just doing what every artist does.

#integrity

Have to completely agree here. I've seen Axl fan after Axl fan sling mud at Slash but somehow things like the Bud commercial and Monster cans on a piano during NR are justified.

• Like 1

I just watched the O2 Arena show on Palladium again.

Can't believe you saw the whole thing again. The first time I watched that atrocious and ridiculous performance from Axl I couldn't stop cringing. I would never ever watch that again in my life.

You're brave, bro.

He's not different than many other artists in that he makes money doing shitty things. Still doesn't come on the expense on the music imo, so in that respect he's not a sellout in my mind.

He's a sell out. He approved the shit version of Paradise City in that Budweiser commercial. He's attached to it. That's selling out.

In your mind you can deny it all that you want. It doesn't change the facts.

Can't believe you saw the whole thing again. The first time I watched that atrocious and ridiculous performance from Axl I couldn't stop cringing. I would never ever watch that again in my life.

You're brave, bro.

He's not different than many other artists in that he makes money doing shitty things. Still doesn't come on the expense on the music imo, so in that respect he's not a sellout in my mind.

He's a sell out. He approved the shit version of Paradise City in that Budweiser commercial. He's attached to it. That's selling out.

The fact is he created the music he wanted to make while making money from commercials. Oh no! what a fuckin' sellout. Like there is no distinction between Axl and artists that will sell their own fake mothers just to make some money.

You don't take into consideration the damage commercials do to the music. In Axl's case, he's doing only what he likes as an artist. His reputation as an artist should be decided by the music, and it's narrow minded to just call him a sellout in the current musical climate when he's just trying to make money. It's also a job, and my guess is Axl's lavish lifestyle is expensive as shit.

If anything, he paid from his own money to finish Chinese. He's the opposite of a sellout imo but maybe I'm delusional.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

The fact is he created the music he wanted to make while making money from commercials. Oh no! what a fuckin' sellout. Like there is no distinction between Axl and artists that will sell their own fake mothers just to make some money.

You don't take into consideration the damage commercials do to the music. In Axl's case, he's doing only what he likes as an artist. His reputation as an artist should be decided by the music, and it's narrow minded to just call him a sellout in the current musical climate when he's just trying to make money. It's also a job, and my guess is Axl's lavish lifestyle is expensive as shit.

If anything, he paid from his own money to finish Chinese. He's the opposite of a sellout imo but maybe I'm delusional.

What do you mean by "he created the music he wanted to make while making money from commercials"? What are you talking about here? Oh, and most importantly, I didn't know that the term "sell out" was defined by how much other "artists" sell out in the music industry. It isn't a comparison as far as I know.

If the same man who would mock Slash by saying that "he was riding with Snoop Dogg in limos" ends up in a commercial for a beer where three soccer players are performing a shit, hip-hop version of Paradise City, that man is a sell out. There's nothing artistic about that commercial and Axl is in it. But no, according to you, and your interpretation of things you don't know, we should just immediately assume that is what Axl wanted to do and just because of that he's not selling out. What the fuck do you know? :lol:

As for making money, just like I said before, I don't care. I don't care how many commercials Axl wants to do, how many times he's on screen discussing things that are not related to his music. I'm all for a sell out version of Axl Rose because the man has spent decades in the shadows. It is people like you who can't accept that fact. Axl Rose lost artistic value and integrity long time ago and I could give less of a fuck about it. Axl needs to go out there instead of hiding and sitting on a vault full of music.

Finally, not really sure why you always end up mentioning Chinese Democracy. What does that have to do with what we're discussing? Is it time for Side 1 Side 2 bullshit?

• Like 1

You're brave, bro.

Except you are giving Axl a bit of a free pass, and I don't think you give that to other artists.

So if Justin Bieber lends one of his songs to a Nike commercial and another to a Chipotles commercial - is he a sell out? But what if Nike has been his favorite shoe since he bought his first pair of sneakers in middle school, and what if Chipoltes has been his favorite restaurant since he was 5 years old? Then you could apply your same Axl logic to Bieber. - He's doing what he likes as an artist, he is trying to make money, he has a lavish lifestyle......and he is creating the type of music he enjoys - fluffy pop music that appeals to teenage girls.

Its Axl's life and career and he can do whatever he wants.

But people like to see that Slash is the media/fame/money whore and Axl is the artist who only cares about his art. That simply isn't the case. Axl is willing to "sell his fake mother" just as much as the next guy to make a buck. Dude is doing beer commercials, playing Vegas, and just endlessly tours with new band members without every creating and sharing new music.

To say that now (the last decade) Axl isn't all about the money and has any so-called "music integrity" is ludicrous. At this point my favorite rock singer of all time is just padding is bank account. Dude doesn't give a fuck about his millions of fans.

Didn't Axl even do a rant on the UYI tour about Budweiser using a Thin Lizzy song in a commercial? (I'm on mobile but I think it was during one of the Toronto '91 shows where he did that). I like Axl and the new band(s) but that commercial was definitely a low point for him, and that says a lot given the context of 'nugnr'. If the residencies weren't enough to convince you he'd sold out, the commercial should've been...

Doing a commercial isn't selling out your music. I mean on the cover of AFD arent GNR posing next Bud signs or Miller high life?

I think what Axl was talking about is that he was confused by Slash having a pretty well defined image and musical personality. But then he was playing with pop stars. It might just be the MJ one that Axl had most difficulty with. I enjoyed Lenny and Iggy Pop collabs. But I can see how it looks, James Hetfield wasn't doing duets with Madonna and Vanilla Ice in his down time. The fanbase might get confused.

Axl is a sell out and has been a sell out for a while now.

We only wish Axl was a sellout. We would have way more appearances, concert footage, albums, and GNR might still be a brand.

Instead we have just about nothing. I mean CD happened but other than that we just don't see Axl Rose, kids growing up now wouldn't know who he is. It's sad, but he just doesn't sell his name. He might sell GNR now and then for money but Axl Rose should be a much bigger name in music than it has been the last 15 years.

Axl is a sell out and has been a sell out for a while now.

We only wish Axl was a sellout. We would have way more appearances, concert footage, albums, and GNR might still be a brand.

Instead we have just about nothing. I mean CD happened but other than that we just don't see Axl Rose, kids growing up now wouldn't know who he is. It's sad, but he just doesn't sell his name. He might sell GNR now and then for money but Axl Rose should be a much bigger name in music than it has been the last 15 years.

Not creating music but touring albums older than two decades isn't selling out? All these Vegas shows aren't? That commercial? No? C'mon...