Will the world forgive Axl if he doesn't do the reunion?

Axl is a sell out and has been a sell out for a while now.

We only wish Axl was a sellout. We would have way more appearances, concert footage, albums, and GNR might still be a brand.

Instead we have just about nothing. I mean CD happened but other than that we just don't see Axl Rose, kids growing up now wouldn't know who he is. It's sad, but he just doesn't sell his name. He might sell GNR now and then for money but Axl Rose should be a much bigger name in music than it has been the last 15 years.

Not creating music but touring albums older than two decades isn't selling out? All these Vegas shows aren't? That commercial? No? C'mon...

Maybe he's creating, just not releasin'. Yet.

We only wish Axl was a sellout. We would have way more appearances, concert footage, albums, and GNR might still be a brand.

Instead we have just about nothing. I mean CD happened but other than that we just don't see Axl Rose, kids growing up now wouldn't know who he is. It's sad, but he just doesn't sell his name. He might sell GNR now and then for money but Axl Rose should be a much bigger name in music than it has been the last 15 years.

Not creating music but touring albums older than two decades isn't selling out? All these Vegas shows aren't? That commercial? No? C'mon...

Yea he sold out the name GNR but he hasn't done the same with the Axl Rose name.

To sell out you have to show a consistent behavior, it can't be just one incident like a commercial that nobody saw.

Unless you are saying that GNR is rightfully Axl Rose and they are one in the same...

Yea he sold out the name GNR but he hasn't done the same with the Axl Rose name.

To sell out you have to show a consistent behavior, it can't be just one incident like a commercial that nobody saw.

Unless you are saying that GNR is rightfully Axl Rose and they are one in the same...

You have to be careful because these are two different scenarios. There was THIS Band called GNR lead equally by 5,4 and then 3 band mates. Axl was part of it.

And then there is Axl's solo project for which he raped the GNR name. That was the first and biggest sell out thing to do. And clearly, yeah, that's just Axl Rose with some random people using the classic name, probably because he hasn't the balls to start a new thing with his own name.

And since then he's constantly sell out.

Maybe he's creating, just not releasin'. Yet.

Pur speculation

Axl has never stated that he would like to reunite with the classic line up of Guns N' roses. In fact he has stated that it's not going to happen, so I don't believe there is anything to forgive. If Axl changes his mind & reunites, the majority of the fan base will be very happy. If the reunion never happens I'm sure Axl will continue to tour Vegas & play the old songs with the current line + a new guitarist or 2.

Edited by Fogy Malone

I think if Axl was selling out he would put out cds of basic hard rock at regular intervals just to appease the masses and make money. He'd just go with the flow of what the industry and fans wanted, maybe do a reunion just because everyone wants one. He's more selfish than a sell out in my opinion.

• Like 2

Not really, if you like the product. Selling out is if you don't like the product but do it for the money.

Bollocks. Always turn to Neil for guidance,

Don't want no cash

Don't need no money

Ain't got no stash

This note's for you.

Ain't singin' for Pepsi

Ain't singin' for Coke

I don't sing for nobody

Makes me look like a joke

This note's for you.

Ain't singin' for Miller

Don't sing for Bud

I won't sing for politicians

Ain't singin' for Spuds

This note's for you.

Don't need no cash

Don't want no money

Ain't got no stash

This note's for you.

I've got the real thing

I got the real thing, baby

I got the real thing

Yeah, alright.

He probably drank a couple Buds while writing the song though. Who hasn't had a coke? It's just a fucking coke!

I do not think his message is against the consumption of said beverages somehow?

I'd like to argue this one, but you're putting me between a rock and a hard place.

That does seem a bit extreme, what was their reasoning behind that?

I really think what happens after the creation of the music isn't as important. It's more whether you wrote the songs thinking will Nike buy if I sing it like this, then that effecting you to the point where Nike is who you are trying to please because you want the money...

Edited by wasted

It is the very definition of selling out, licensing your music to a commercial product. The Beatles were similarly lambasted when they sold their music to Nike.

Nah, there's got to be some loss of authenticity, integrity or similar. Just linking music with economic interests is hardly selling out in itself since most artists actually live off of selling their art.

That's why Slash got so much bashing when he played Paradise City with clowns. It cheapened the music. I guess you will say the same about GN'R doing Vegas residencies :shrugs:.

You cannot very well have one law for Axl and one law for The Beatles, Slash, everybody else. If anyone else appeared in a Budweiser advert it would be labelled as tantamount to 'selling out'. If Slash did that advert he would have been pilloried by the Axl fanatics, here and elsewhere. Slash only needs to collaborate with someone vaguely pop to be crucified as a 'whore', but apparently there are special laws for W. Axl Rose!

Edited by DieselDaisy

You cannot very well have one law for Axl and one law for The Beatles, Slash, everybody else. If anyone else appeared in a Budweiser advert it would be labelled as tantamount to 'selling out'. If Slash did that advert he would have been pilloried by the Axl fanatics, here and elsewhere. Slash only needs to collaborate with someone vaguely pop to be crucified as a 'whore', but apparently there are special laws for W. Axl Rose!

Using GN'R music to sell beer isn't selling out to me. I think that fits quite nicely with GN'R. Again, I reserve the expression 'selling out' to when the artist or music is cheapened. If you want to use it for any instance of connecting art with monetary interests, then you'd be hard pressed to find art that isn't 'selling out'.

Slash did an ad for Black Death vodka, probably Gibson? He didn't change his music to do those so no problem. If you think ads are mind control and used by a powerful elite, then you let them use your music, then you are selling out your ideals for a buck.

When I worked on coke zero campaign i felt good, i like coke zero. When i did marlboro i felt like a piece of shit cause your just selling death. But that's kind of cool too but I'm kind of sell out. I know the difference though.

GNR were a walking talking ad for JD and Marlboros anyway. What's a little alcohol poisoning tomorrow we'll be artists again.

Honestly, I don't mind anything any GN'R member has done advertisement wise. I don't put the music on such a pedestal where I get affronted if I feel the guys don't treat it with sufficient respect.

Slash could make a In The Night Garden version of Nightrain for all I'd care. I wouldn't use it as a platform to make cheap criticism of him. It's their music to use as they want. As long as they can't travel back in time and ruin the relese of AFD they can do whatever they want with it.

Using GN'R music to sell beer isn't selling out to me. I think that fits quite nicely with GN'R. Again, I reserve the expression 'selling out' to when the artist or music is cheapened. If you want to use it for any instance of connecting art with monetary interests, then you'd be hard pressed to find art that isn't 'selling out'.

I allude back to the Neil video which depicts the act of selling beer as selling out.

I am not actually criticising Axl too much over this. Lots of acts have commercial ventures which could be labelled 'selling out'. Just let's not hide the fact that Axl's own example is not also an example of selling out, and that Axl somehow possesses some heightened level of 'integrity' not possessed by other acts.

If the Beatles are going to be criticised for it why are we creating a separate law for Axl? ''Because Axl likes Bud'' (Wasted) - you cannot be serious!

Edited by DieselDaisy

I'm not criticising the Beatles for selling out. Theres no way they wrote or made that music for the wrong reasons. Artists sell their paintings.

I am not saying you did. My point is that The Beatles were criticised for 'selling out' with the Nike deal. Neil Young criticised Michael Jackson for selling out with Pepsi - both these events were in the 1980s. Axl does a similar thing in 2014 or whenever that embarrassing advert appeared yet we are told ''it is not selling out'' and that he somehow possesses ''integrity'' not seen in other acts.

You cannot simply repeat the mantra of 'integrity', hoping the Budweiser advert and Vegas residencies mysteriously vanish, and as if by force of repetition we begin to believe the 'integrity' line!

To clarify: Axl sold out; he did something embarrassing for easy cash and looked quite ridiculous in the process; other artists such as Slash have sold out in different ways also; Axl does not inherently possess an integrity that other acts do not have.

After everything i won't forgive him if he DOES a reunion. Fuck that shit, if he sells out then fuck him

Gn'R is everything for Axl, his rise and his demise, his blessing and his curse, his own and only baby. He could not probably even dissociate his own persona from the name if he wanted. Whatever his (genius) troubled mind had planned for it we'll probably never know...

What a profound statement. I have met a lot of actors. More so than musicians. They speak of how playing a character for a long time can merge with their personality. If GNR fans were more like.fans of the totally awesome American TV show SUPERNATURAL we would all be a much happier community. All the actors were willing to spend hours signing autographs and taking pictures with 2 thousand fans this past weekend because of all the genuine love and support between fan and artist.

calling someone who works on supernatural an artist HAHA!

Actors are artists in my book. And these actors are all so handsome they could be considered works of art themselves. SUPERNATURAL is a really cool TV show that incorporates rock music into the story lines. Not a lot of TV shows last 10 years are and are still going strong.

I'm not criticising the Beatles for selling out. Theres no way they wrote or made that music for the wrong reasons. Artists sell their paintings.

I am not saying you did. My point is that The Beatles were criticised for 'selling out' with the Nike deal. Neil Young criticised Michael Jackson for selling out with Pepsi - both these events were in the 1980s. Axl does a similar thing in 2014 or whenever that embarrassing advert appeared yet we are told ''it is not selling out'' and that he somehow possesses ''integrity'' not seen in other acts.

You cannot simply repeat the mantra of 'integrity', hoping the Budweiser advert and Vegas residencies mysteriously vanish, and as if by force of repetition we begin to believe the 'integrity' line!

To clarify: Axl sold out; he did something embarrassing for easy cash and looked quite ridiculous in the process; other artists such as Slash have sold out in different ways also; Axl does not inherently possess an integrity that other acts do not have.

I don't understand how the Vegas residencies were selling out. And The Budweiser commercial was done in celebration of that big soccer event in Brazil which is equivalent to the Super Bowl in the U.S. Getting a super bowl commercial spot is a HUGE deal in North America.