Help me come up with some good GN'R- related reunion/ "Stump The Trunk" questions for an Eddie Trunk/That Metal Show live performance this Friday

11268913_10152698875515771_2567781610761

I'm planning to attend this event Friday in Buffalo (you can visit https://www.facebook.com/events/636236639809775/ for more information) There is supposed to be a Q and A session as well as Stump The Trunk. I don't know if they will screen the questions or not but help me come up with some good GN'R related ones for the event. I'm sure my non Stump The Trunk question will be about the reunion but I doubt even if Eddie knows something that he'll spill the beans to a few hundred people in Buffalo.

Edited by Subtle Signs

I honestly think you could stump him by asking who the guitarists were after Slash & Izzy but before Robin & Buckethead.

I was thinking of going with something a little more difficult like name all of the GN'R members (at least according to Wikipedia) ,I want to win that shirt or whatever they give you for stumping him! As for the reunion question, I think it will be interesting to hear what all three guys have to say about it. Don tours with Dizzy often and he will be doing so again soon but like Trunk,I don't expect him to spill what he knows (if he even knows anything at all) So that begs the question, "Why bother asking?" Well, it's kind of like when I met Duff last week after a Kings Of Chaos show, I just had to ask about it even though you don't want to be "that guy" and you pretty much know what he is going to say.

Edited by Subtle Signs

I remember reading that at the actual TV tapings for That Metal Show, the questions were pre-screened by the Producers. Since this is not for TV, I doubt anyone will do that. I suppose the panel could claim that a question like "What do the symbols at the bottom of The Spaghetti Incident album cover stand for?" is ridiculous but if it's supposed to be an anything goes type format then I guess it is fair game.

Edited by Subtle Signs

Who are the only 2 people to have a song writing credit on both use your illusions and Chinese Democracy?

Answer Pual Huge/Tobias and Axl. Most people would guess Dizzy, but he didn't get any writing credits on UYI. Paul helped Axl write one of the worst songs on either illusion disc, back off bitch.

But anyways, this would make for a good stump the trump question.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 4

Who are the only 2 people to have a song writing credit on both use your illusions and Chinese Democracy?

Answer Pual Huge/Tobias and Axl. Most people would guess Dizzy, but he didn't get any writing credits on UYI. Paul helped Axl write one of the worst songs on either illusion disc, back off bitch.

I love Back off bitch! Different strokes I guess. That is a good question but it seems like one Trunk might know. I know it was just a typo on your part but I LOL'd at "Stump The Trump"

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 1

I love Back off bitch! Different strokes I guess. That is a good question but it seems like one Trunk might know. I know it was just a typo on your part but I LOL'd at "Stump The Trump"

Back Off isn't horrible but its clear it was a AFD throwaway

Back Off isn't horrible but its clear it was a AFD throwaway

I like the music to back off bitch, but the lyrics are some of the worst of axl's career. IMO My World, Back off Bitch, and Shotgun blues are BY FAR the 3 worst songs on the illusions. I can listen to and enjoy the rest of them, but those 3 are classic guns worst songs. Add Scraped and Riad to that list and you have my top 5 all time worst gnr songs.

I still stand by original post though, I don't think trunk would get that one.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

I'm sure he cannot name Pitman, Ferrer or Brain. Paul Huge is an interesting idea.

Which cd song wasn't played on the last tour? Riad.

What was the longest gnr show? Tokyo December 19 2009 3 hours and 37 minutes.

Name 5 people that played along Axl on the last tour 2009-2014. Neil Young, Billy Gibbons, Angry Anderson, Zakk Wylde, and Sebastian Bach (or Bubbles, Danko Jones, Beta if you want).

I have a few....

First I'd ask him to name the songs officially released under the GNR umbrella (both covers and original music) that Axl was not credited with lead vocalist on:

Answers: New Rose, Attitude, You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory, 14 Years, Dust N' Bones, So Fine

Who filled in for Steven Adler on tour for a few weeks in 1987/88 after he broke his hand?

Answer: Fred Coury

Which 3 bands/artists have GNR covered on officially released albums and also played at least 1 show with (onstage guest performances excluded)?

Answer: Johnny Thunders, Aerosmith and Soundgarden (you might need to fact check me. Did they play any festivals with Dylan or anyone else?)

I have a few....

First I'd ask him to name the songs officially released under the GNR umbrella (both covers and original music) that Axl was not credited with lead vocalist on:

Answers: New Rose, Attitude, You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory, 14 Years, Dust N' Bones, So Fine

Who filled in for Steven Adler on tour for a few weeks in 1987/88 after he broke his hand?

Which 3 bands/artists have GNR covered on officially released albums and also played at least 1 show with (onstage guest performances excluded)?

Answer: Johnny Thunders, Aerosmith and Soundgarden (you might need to fact check me. Did they play any festivals with Dylan or anyone else?)

They supported the Stones in 1989 and later recorded Sympathy but you said 'albums' - although it does appear on the hits album. Didn't that band who did Nice Boys play with them in Australia?

I have a few....

They supported the Stones in 1989 and later recorded Sympathy but you said 'albums' - although it does appear on the hits album. Didn't that band who did Nice Boys play with them in Australia?

Shit I think you're right about Rose Tattoo. They did open for GNR in Australia and then Angry Anderson performed onstage. Also good call on Sympathy, totally forgot about it. Maybe that question should be scrapped ;)