Pitman shouldn't be there, I said it.

sonofnazareth

There's one very big reason why I don't want Pitman.

He's part of a very different sound than what I'd want a re-united GnR to have. In my perfect world, Dizzy probably wouldn't even be there. Or just on a hand full of songs. It'd just be rock music, instead of all the other stuff.

Didn't mind him back in the Buckethead days when it seemed like he was actually onstage for a reason, can't stand him wanking about and cheesing up classic Guns songs though.

Exactly this. In that world he fitted in. But in what I want classic GnR to sound like, he doesn't.

Edited by username

Can he play the harmonica ?

" this is bad obsession featuring chris pitman on the harmonica "

He has massively sucked and blowed all the way through his "tenure", based on this, the harmonica should be easy for him

Edited by T-Minus
  • Like 1

We'd all much prefer him to piss off. And we're all a little perplexed about his relationship with Axl and what he actually does.

Slash hates synths, fans hate synths... I just think he muddies up the non CD material when he chimes in. I don't see a need for him on the upcoming shows, unless they are continuing to play some CD material.

Let's all remember this though.... this is not a classic gnr reunio. So wanting it to be stripped down to just gtr,bass, drums is all well and good but in reality this seems to be the continuation of gnr II.

The video is annoying, he's saying there's no point in releasing music basically. Just go out and play the hits is what he thinks. Facts are there are definitely enough gnr fans now that want new music, and even before the "regrouping" there was enough reason to release new music just baed on gnr II proving themselves... Which as it stands, they didn't really. One never ending tour, one album which was good but a bit too muddled with too many ideas... And that's that.

I think the main reason Pitman will be there is because he never quit and was never fired. Just like Frank, Dizzy, and Richard.

When did The General Tommy officially quit? or he was fired?

All of these guys are just hired on a contract, its up to Axl to call them whenever he wants.

Other than the whole "1988-present" thing, it makes sense that he is in the band. His work is all over Chinese Democracy.

I think the main reason Pitman will be there is because he never quit and was never fired. Just like Frank, Dizzy, and Richard.

As soon as he started played with the Replacements and Duff started coming back into the picture, his relationship with GNR sort of faded out. And I think he and Axl are both fine with it.

He never officially made a statement like "I am out of the band now, it is time for me to move on. Best of luck to the GNR crew and their endeavors, etc." but he did say that if he was asked to do another tour, he'd only consider it.

I respectfully disagree. Pittman is better than that bloated UYI band from 1992. At least Pittman adds cool layers to songs. Estranged sounds great with the backing synths! ;)

Makes me want to throw up... A song like Rocket Queen sure doesn't sound good with it..

• Like 1

Slash will bring back "The Godfather" guitar solo. Duff will bring back "Attitude." Chris will bring back the towel solo.

3BNbB9.gif

To his credit, Chris seems to be the only member capable of getting Axl in a studio.

The towel solo!! Aaaahahaha!!

Slash will bring back "The Godfather" guitar solo. Duff will bring back "Attitude." Chris will bring back the towel solo.

3BNbB9.gif

To his credit, Chris seems to be the only member capable of getting Axl in a studio.

The towel solo!! Aaaahahaha!!

With all the other guys being sober, who else is going to fall over drunk.

PITMAN IS GnFnR!

Seriously he adds a lot to most songs that needed at least 4 extra touring members to do live from back in the 90s.

Other than the whole "1988-present" thing, it makes sense that he is in the band. His work is all over Chinese Democracy.

As soon as he started played with the Replacements and Duff started coming back into the picture, his relationship with GNR sort of faded out. And I think he and Axl are both fine with it.

He never officially made a statement like "I am out of the band now, it is time for me to move on. Best of luck to the GNR crew and their endeavors, etc." but he did say that if he was asked to do another tour, he'd only consider it.

Oh cool I read tht wrong

My god, what is going on here. The reunionists are starting to flood the forum with hateful messages. We are supposed to be fans here.

Show me a hateful message, please.

Okay.

He comes across as a jerk.

he's utterly useless. Textbook fuckin useless.

his background vocals are awful

Ugly too.

Man he's annoying....free ride pitman.

seems like an arrogant fuck (plus he is fat,lol)

and I hate his background vocals they're atrocious

he totally ruins the song, in fact he should shut up during every songs.

He destroys the end part by drowning out classic guitar riffs with those awful synths.. It is cringe worthy..

What a tosser!

he has really irritates me for some reason

He needs to go. Who's bringing the duct tape?

cretinous, utterly fucking useless, horrible members

piss off.

annoying

Makes me want to throw up

He's kind of creepy.

textbook classic bootlicker.

Is this how normal people behave on a fan forum?

Have some respect. Especially if you don't know shit.

Btw, forum rules -

Argue you all you want about anything you want (GNR related, that is), however the only stipulation is that we ask that you refrain from personal insults and abusive language.

Well that went well.

I would assume this applies to also the band members, or in fact, anyone...

Did you listen to GN'R without Synth? It's not needed. This is a rock band.

• Like 1

C'mon guys, you're all being completely unfair here. Pitman is essential to GnR. You can bitch and complain all you want but in the end... can YOU:

- Play the floppy keyboards;

- Sing horrible backing vocals that people actively wish weren't there;

- Spend 80% of the show playing the tambourine;

- Add synth to Mr.Brownstone and think it's ok;

- Do a fucking towel solo;

- Play using a freaking handkerchief on your face?

Nope. So shut the fuck up, please.

• Like 2