Should the band perform Velvet Revolver songs?

Should the band perform Velvet Revolver songs?  

139 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, Robert39 said:

everybody has there likes or don't likes about Slash his solo work, but i would like to here Axl on Beggars or slither there epic songs !!

I totally forgot about Slash's first Snake Pit album.  Hearing Axl sing Good to Be Alive would be great.  

I honestly would not have a problem with them performing Slither or Fall to Pieces. Not too many songs, maybe one or two, since Slash and Duff were in VR. Would also be a kind gesture on Axl's end to pay respects to Weiland and do the right thing. 

I would also love to hear Axl's spin on those songs as well. 

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

No, it wouldn't be fair to add VR songs to the setlist BECAUSE they might play CD songs. The crucial difference being that CD songs are actual GN'R songs.

As for your question, sure, I wouldn't mind hearing GN'R play a few VR songs.

...in your opinion.

You lot are strange,

You wait thirty years or how ever long it has been, to see Slash, Duff and Axl on stage again; you endure all of these poor-middling quality solo projects (e.g. fake Guns, VR, Snakepit, Loaded et al.) when all you actually want is bona fide Guns; you pay your $1000 or whatever absurd amount it has cost you for the experience of seeing the reunion on a Vegas stage for the first time since 1993; theoretically there will be setlist spots for GN'R deep cuts which have never been played in thirty years; and what are you desiring here?

''Give me Snakepit and Chinese Democracy songs''? Fucking Slither and Madagascar!! Jesus!!

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 3

No, not immediately, if it's going to be an on-going concern.  Maybe later, chuck a couple in there as one might with any cover.  But generally speaking, no.  I mean no one wants The Sex Pistols to play Neurotic Outsiders or Professionals tunes now do they?  No one wants to hear The Beatles back together doing Yoko wailing with John, no one wants to see The Stones doing Jagger solo matierial.  Not that GnR are on the level of the aforementioned but the principle still applies.

I ideally rather have it strictly just about what Axl, Slash, and Duff did together, but it does make more sense than playing CD tripe. From a commercial point of view, there would be more demand for the VR hits than anything from CD. The general audience is more prone to know (and like) Slither and Fall to Pieces than, again, anything from CD.

Yes, CD is technically a "gnr" album but it's also technically by a different legal entity. It's a black sheep: No one really really wants to hear those songs, and no one really respects it as a genuine GNR album. That's just facts of life. Why force feed us stuff when there's next to no demand for the songs?

Personally I wouldn't mind hearing a couple VR songs, maybe Anastasia too. But that's it. If the rumors of Dave Kushner being the third guitarist for the tour are actually true, I don't think it'd be too far fetched Axl would actually be willing to the play the songs. Also would show something of a united front if they played a couple nu songs and a couple VR songs. Four songs out of the set list instead of lifeless covers? Fine by me.

Edited by Bobbo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bobbo said:

I ideally rather have it strictly just about what Axl, Slash, and Duff did together, but it does make more sense than playing CD tripe. From a commercial point of view, there would be more demand for the VR hits than anything from CD. The general audience is more prone to know (and like) Slither and Fall to Pieces than, again, anything from CD.

Yes, CD is technically a "gnr" album but it's also technically by a different legal entity. It's a black sheep: No one really really wants to hear those songs, and no one really respects it as a genuine GNR album. That's just facts of life. Why force feed us stuff when there's next to no demand for the songs?

Personally I wouldn't mind hearing a couple VR songs, maybe Anastasia too. But that's it. If the rumors of Dave Kushner being the third guitarist for the tour are actually true, I don't think it'd be too far fetched Axl would actually be willing to the play the songs. Also would show something of a united front if they played a couple nu songs and a couple VR songs. Four songs out of the set list instead of lifeless covers? Fine by me.

the heartbroken want to hear TWAT.

4 hours ago, tsinindy said:

When's the last time you went to a store to buy music?

Shinedown's Sound Of Madness CD. Whenever the hell that was. Found my Cd collection last night ironically. 

On topic, I could see if anything something from the snakepit record that was allegedly supposed to be for guns songs. Or a slash solo song. But not velvet revolver. 

21 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

Since Axl is having the band do Chinese Democracy-era material, would it be fair that he should let the band perform some of their hits that happened during the break?

This is just speculation at this point. We don't know if any Chinese Democracy stuff will be played on this "reunion". I hope so, but won't be surprised if not.

Should they play Velvet Revolver songs? Yes. 

Will they play Velvet Revolver songs? No.

Keep in mind this is being advertised as a Guns N' Roses tour and yes, (and I'm gonna get sidetracked for a second) many people do not consider Chinese Democracy as Guns n' Roses but Axl does and there's no way that Axl would have agreed to this reunion if Slash and Duff weren't going to play Chinese Democracy songs. You have to keep in mind that if Slash and Duff want to rejoin GN'R, contractually they have to accept that what came out on CD are fodder for what will be played on the tour. 

You also have to keep in mind that Chinese Democracy is very important to Axl. There's no reason in his eyes to throw away the Chinese Democracy songs just because Slash and Duff are present.

Duff has played the Chinese Democracy songs on the tours with Nu'GNR in 2014. Considering that the speculated line-up as of right now is the 2014/w Duff Line-Up plus Slash, minus DJ/Bumblefoot (and give or take a Pitman).

Fortus, Ferrer, Reed, (and again, give or take Pitman) are still in the band and to throw away the CD songs, the new band's only accomplishment in their lifetime, would be simply insulting and degarding to both Axl and the Nu'GNR members.

Velvet Revolver songs will not be played. It'll be close to the setlist we saw with Duff in 2014. 

I don't see them busting out old songs like Locomotive and Breakdown (I WISH THOUGH :drool:). This is not being advertised as a reunion tour. (partially because it's not being advertised at all, *ba dum ching*). 

I just don't see it happening. It'd be cool, but it won't happen. Plus, in VR without the presence of Sorum, Kushner, and the late Scott Weiland the songs aren't the same. Slash can maybe play them seperaretly under his name as a solo artist, but he doesn't have the right to play them under the GN'R name. 

As for Slash's solo albums? It wouldn't surprise me to see a solo or two from his albums, but with the rest of the band? Not happening. Nope.

Feel free to disagree/agree, I love discussion.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

...in your opinion.

You lot are strange,

You wait thirty years or how ever long it has been, to see Slash, Duff and Axl on stage again; you endure all of these poor-middling quality solo projects (e.g. fake Guns, VR, Snakepit, Loaded et al.) when all you actually want is bona fide Guns; you pay your $1000 or whatever absurd amount it has cost you for the experience of seeing the reunion on a Vegas stage for the first time since 1993; theoretically there will be setlist spots for GN'R deep cuts which have never been played in thirty years; and what are you desiring here?

''Give me Snakepit and Chinese Democracy songs''? Fucking Slither and Madagascar!! Jesus!!

?

Twenty years of crying about a reunion and people want to fill those shows up with non-GnR music? 

So if Adler is on board, should they play 2-3 Adler's Appetite songs? If Izzy shows up, should they add a couple ju-ju songs? We would also need some Loaded material. What about Frank and his old bands?

The Big Three haven't played together in over 20 years and haven't released an album or original tunes together in 25 years. Now they are back together and people are clamoring for GnR to fill their set with covers from other bands???

Seriously?

I'd rather have five brand new songs written by the current band as well as dive deeper cuts from Appetite/Lies/Illusions than taking up an hour of the set list with cover songs from other bands. 

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Should they play Velvet Revolver songs? Yes. 

Will they play Velvet Revolver songs? No.

Keep in mind this is being advertised as a Guns N' Roses tour and yes, (and I'm gonna get sidetracked for a second) many people do not consider Chinese Democracy as Guns n' Roses but Axl does and there's no way that Axl would have agreed to this reunion if Slash and Duff weren't going to play Chinese Democracy songs. You have to keep in mind that if Slash and Duff want to rejoin GN'R, contractually they have to accept that what came out on CD are fodder for what will be played on the tour. 

You also have to keep in mind that Chinese Democracy is very important to Axl. There's no reason in his eyes to throw away the Chinese Democracy songs just because Slash and Duff are present.

Duff has played the Chinese Democracy songs on the tours with Nu'GNR in 2014. Considering that the speculated line-up as of right now is the 2014/w Duff Line-Up plus Slash, minus DJ/Bumblefoot (and give or take a Pitman).

Fortus, Ferrer, Reed, (and again, give or take Pitman) are still in the band and to throw away the CD songs, the new band's only accomplishment in their lifetime, would be simply insulting and degarding to both Axl and the Nu'GNR members.

Velvet Revolver songs will not be played. It'll be close to the setlist we saw with Duff in 2014. 

I don't see them busting out old songs like Locomotive and Breakdown (I WISH THOUGH :drool:). This is not being advertised as a reunion tour. (partially because it's not being advertised at all, *ba dum ching*). 

I just don't see it happening. It'd be cool, but it won't happen. Plus, in VR without the presence of Sorum, Kushner, and the late Scott Weiland the songs aren't the same. Slash can maybe play them seperaretly under his name as a solo artist, but he doesn't have the right to play them under the GN'R name. 

As for Slash's solo albums? It wouldn't surprise me to see a solo or two from his albums, but with the rest of the band? Not happening. Nope.

Feel free to disagree/agree, I love discussion.

Nice post. 

Welcome to the forum. We need more posters like you. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

So you don't know the difference between fact and opinion. Nothing new there.

Fact: the band which put out Chinese Democracy are a completely different legal entity from the band which existed before 1996. It shares the same name, but it is a con job.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Fact: the band which put out Chinese Democracy are a completely different legal entity from the band which existed before 1996. It shares the same name, but it is a con job.

A silly technicality. Was GN'R even a legal entity at the time Live Like A Suicide was released? If not, then by your logic it would mean that LLAS was released by a different band than the one that released Appetite for Destruction a couple of years later, which was again a different band than the one that released Chinese Democracy. This whole focus on legal entities is just a mental refuge camp for people who can't come to terms with what has happened with GN'R. It's the equivalent of holding for their ears and going nah-nah-nah-nah! And may I say how daft it is to argue with legality when it comes to rock?? I am pretty sure many other bands, for which we have no qualms about accepting their checkered history also in terms of legality, have released albums under various legal entities with different band members having different positions/legal protections. Yet, since they have done it all under the same name with a continuinity of at least one band member and no long lag between, they are all considered to be albums from the same band. Let's take Fleetwood Mac as an example, did their first records come out form the same legal entity as their latest records?  And may I again repeat how daft it is to talk about legal entities when we are talking about bands?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

A silly technicality. Was GN'R even a legal entity at the time Live Like A Suicide was released? If not, then by your logic it would mean that LLAS was released by a different band than the one that released Appetite for Destruction a couple of years later, which was again a different band than the one that released Chinese Democracy. This whole focus on legal entities is just a mental refuge camp for people who can't come to terms with what has happened with GN'R. It's the equivalent of holding for their ears and going nah-nah-nah-nah! And may I say how daft it is to argue with legality when it comes to rock?? I am pretty sure many other bands, for which we have no qualms about accepting their checkered history also in terms of legality, have released albums under various legal entities with different band members having different positions/legal protections. Yet, since they have done it all under the same name with a continuinity of at least one band member and no long lag between, they are all considered to be albums from the same band. Let's take Fleetwood Mac as an example, did their first records come out form the same legal entity as their latest records?  And may I again repeat how daft it is to talk about legal entities when we are talking about bands?

What a dodge.

GN'R were dissolved in late 1995. Fact.