Axl Joining AC/DC? New pic posted on TMZ

NachoLZ

This whole this is weird... But that's Axl for you!!  On AC/DC side I can see them asking Axl. They would want a big name of corse. On Axls side the timing sucks on the eve of the biggest shows he's done sense 1993. But he's proabbly thinking it's just 10 shows that can be squeezed in to whatever plans GNR has after these April shows.

4 minutes ago, DMathski said:

This whole this is weird... But that's Axl for you!!  On AC/DC side I can see them asking Axl. They would want a big name of corse. On Axls side the timing sucks on the eve of the biggest shows he's done sense 1993. But he's proabbly thinking it's just 10 shows that can be squeezed in to whatever plans GNR has after these April shows.

Agreed but it's more than just TURN up for 10 shows, weeks of rehearsal would need to be done as these aren't his songs or his band, at least 6 weeks would be required to get that in working order I'd imagine! 

I see this as a win win for Axl if it's true. In a weird sort of way he reinvents himself especially if vocally he can pull it off. Would be strange if he actually fronted both bands full time?? Could you imagine hearing Axl on a new AC/DC album? Wow!!

I'm a casual AC/DC fan and I've had no desire to see them in the last 20 years mostly since when I saw them in 96,some thought they were past their prime then so how could it get better as years went on? Anyway,I'm all in for a couple shows of Axl/DC if they happen.

Ok, i don't want to read the full thread, but let's see some facts:

AC/DC have got 10 dates left

Will it contradict the GNR dates?

Then it's certainly not true

If Axl have to perform day after day, then it will ruin his voice for the GNR shows...

That being said,  the only singer i could imagine in AC/DC to do this remaining gigs is Axl Rose with full rasp

So....without rasp it will be laughable

Edited by Strange Broue

2 hours ago, Sprite said:

I must be one of the few that thinks I'd like AC/DC more with Axl on vocals? I mean if you took ACDC's music and laid Appetite/Illusion era Axl vocals on top of it.. that would be pretty grand. I struggle listening to some of Brian's stuff. Like on Thunderstruck it almost sounds reminiscent of a stroke for a few lines. Or an old smoker clearing out his lungs. ACDC had 2 great singers but both definitely are an acquired taste. I don't think anyone in their right mind would argue either are better technical singers than Axl. But this is just my opinion. 

Brian lost his voice after flick of the switch (1983), but from 1980-1983 nobody had a cooler hard rock voice than him. Bon had an extremely unique delivery..you can tell that he lived and breathed every single one of his songs. 

1 hour ago, fanfzero said:

What will we see with AC/DC? Mickey or rasp?

The AC/DC fans will boo Axl off the stage if he sings with the mickey voice. 

• Like 1

Great comment on Trunk's article:

" THIS JUST IN! AC/DC ticket holders told they will have to wait an extra two hours before concerts to begin!:lol:

I think AC/DC should be the first band to use a hologram of a living singer, or has anyone already done that?

2 minutes ago, smoke said:

" THIS JUST IN! AC/DC ticket holders told they will have to wait an extra two hours before concerts to begin!:lol:

I think AC/DC should be the first band to use a hologram of a living singer, or has anyone already done that?

Depends on where you stand on the whole Tupac conspiracy :lol:

• Like 2

The way it is being reported is Axl could be a guest singer. So that could also mean he isn't doing every gig and AC/DC has called upon different singers for different gigs?

I just can't see Axl do a mini-tour with them and sing full sets. A tribute show where he'll join them for one gig or for a couple of songs makes much more sense.

Edited by Bumblefeet

19 minutes ago, smoke said:

AC/DC wants to add another Young into the fold. 

neil-young.jpeg

angus-young-bald-copy.jpg

• Like 1

This is absolutely hilarious!

I think Axl being a temporary stand in for a few shows would be cool as long as it didn't derail or interfere with Guns. However, as always, I have my doubts it will happen.

I like to imagine that AC/DC and Guns were all blindsided by this. That they were all so busy planning their future (AC/DC trying to figure out what to do with a near deaf singer, Guns preping for a tour) that they didn't catch the crazy rumors until it was being blasted out by all the news sources as a pretty much done deal. Just the thought of the "Wait, what?" look on their faces makes me laugh.

This whole thing would be even more hilarious if neither camp had even considered Axl to stand as vocalist until all these news reports and rumors appeared then all involved decided  "Hey why not?" because of all the publicity.