Axl Joining AC/DC? New pic posted on TMZ

NachoLZ

I must be one of the few that thinks I'd like AC/DC more with Axl on vocals? I mean if you took ACDC's music and laid Appetite/Illusion era Axl vocals on top of it.. that would be pretty grand. I struggle listening to some of Brian's stuff. Like on Thunderstruck it almost sounds reminiscent of a stroke for a few lines. Or an old smoker clearing out his lungs. ACDC had 2 great singers but both definitely are an acquired taste. I don't think anyone in their right mind would argue either are better technical singers than Axl. But this is just my opinion. 

• Like 2

According to Daily Mail, AC/DC's last tour date is April 5th...3 nights before 1st Vegas show and 10 days before Coachella...so if they are playing 10 dates, the shows would start now...and they aren't...so something is way off about this whole thing. 

6 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

According to Daily Mail, AC/DC's last tour date is April 5th...3 nights before 1st Vegas show and 10 days before Coachella...so if they are playing 10 dates, the shows would start now...and they aren't...so something is way off about this whole thing. 

That was the original dates right? They are canceled and postponed.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, God of Thunder said:

The story has been picked up by the big news outlets all over Europe, the big tabloids here all published this rumour today. For some reason this seems much bigger "news" than the GnR reunion over here.

:'(

• Like 1

Honestly, I'd like to hear Chris Slade's take on Mr. Brownstone with those big side bass drums that he holds dear to his heart.

46 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

Apparently, Malcolm Young's son is saying that the rumors are true...

Ironically, he's a terrible source. I mentioned earlier in the thread that he's known for his short fuse. He flat out said that AC/DC was retiring when the initial Malcolm rumours started swirling in 2014, and he wasn't nice about it. It seems that he probably gets annoyed with people bombarding his Facebook with questions about AC/DC so he pretty much just says whatever. Kind of like when Slash's brother exploded a few months ago. I imagine the stress of the Malcolm situation still isn't helping.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Honestly, I'd like to hear Chris Slade's take on Mr. Brownstone with those big side bass drums that he holds dear to his heart.

Ironically, he's a terrible source. I mentioned earlier in the thread that he's known for his short fuse. He flat out said that AC/DC was retiring when the initial Malcolm rumours started swirling in 2014, and he wasn't nice about it. It seems that he probably gets annoyed with people bombarding his Facebook with questions about AC/DC so he pretty much just says whatever. Kind of like when Slash's brother exploded a few months ago. I imagine the stress of the Malcolm situation still isn't helping.

Back in early 2012, when Brian said there was going to be a new album soon because "the ill member" (back then it was roumored to be Angus) was recovered, Malcolm and specially his son where the ones who appeared in public and said it wasn't true 

11 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Maybe that is why GNR havent announced more dates?

I thought about this too. It would suck if it turned out to be true.
How are ACDC fans reacting to this? From my experience, everyone that's not a GnR fan thinks Axl is a joke.
Another doubt: have they announced the postponed dates or not yet?

30 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

Well, now it's Angus' band, so Axl has to obey if he wants to be there 

that's what makes me soooo suspicious. unless it's for a giant amount of $$$ and Axl needs it that bad? cos this is not Axl's M.O. to my way of thinking anyway...God love him for that!

3 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Their forums and fan pages have been flooded with people who are 100% opposed to the idea of the band continuing without Brian.

Forums attract die hards. Sounds just like here the past 15 years, just replace AC/DC with GNR and Brian with Slash.

I think to most fans of rock, it would be a cool experience. It's 2 of the better known rock bands coming together in a way. Has any hard rock band topped out over 100 million records other than ACDC, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin and GNR? So in that way it's like a Michael Jackson/Madonna sing along. 

We are getting something we never thought would happen. 23 years later. And I'd say a good 50% of posters here complain in some aspect. Human nature I suppose. 

This rumor, if not true, could up being a nice setup for a mild Axl rant in Vegas...I can hear it now..."No, I'm not touring with AC/DC and all the media that's been starting lies, spreading controversy over the years...Get in the Ring" and we immediately start to hear the opening riffs to Get in the Ring....:headbang:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sprite said:

Forums attract die hards. Sounds just like here the past 15 years, just replace AC/DC with GNR and Brian with Slash.

I think to most fans of rock, it would be a cool experience. It's 2 of the better known rock bands coming together in a way. Has any hard rock band topped out over 100 million records other than ACDC, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin and GNR? So in that way it's like a Michael Jackson/Madonna sing along. 

We are getting something we never thought would happen. 23 years later. And I'd say a good 50% of posters here complain in some aspect. Human nature I suppose. 

Human nature indeed. I agree that most general rock/music fans will think it's pretty cool, especially those who have been out of the loop. I've seen various people on my Facebook list sharing the articles and the reception seems a lot better than the forums, that's for sure.

But yeah, some people will always complain no matter how good things seem. AC/DC possibility aside, I'll happily take Axl being motivated and being as active as possible with Slash and Duff back in the band over the "dark ages" with nothing new or interesting in sight. 2004, I'm looking at you!

19 minutes ago, Sprite said:

I hear the same complaints outside of the forum that I do here..

Sorry to be a pedant, but surely the title of this thread is misleading?

Sounds to all intents and purposes that IF Axl is going to do stuff with ACDC then it's FILLING IN for Brian so that the band can honour their last few dates. In no way does that make him anything other than a helping hand. He's not "joining" AC-DC or anything like that, he's helping them finish their tour.

Again - that is IF this is true.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I hear the same complaints outside of the forum that I do here..

Dude. You also seem to have a little bit of a bitter/cynical tilt to all your posts here, so clearly you are seeking negativity, therefore I am not surprised you hear negative things.

To checkmate this conversation, I hear great excitement outside of these forums, and laughter at what some people on here complain about. 

Live and let live I guess:shrugs:

• Like 1