Axl Joining AC/DC? New pic posted on TMZ

NachoLZ

5 minutes ago, Changes said:

Ok so I took a look at Spotify after all this talk about this generating more attention than the reunion because AC/DC is a much bigger band than GNR. Top 5 AC/DC songs: 1. back in black 37M 5. TNT 14M. GNR: 1. SCOM 119M 5. KNOHD 50M 

GNR's fifth most popular song is vastly more popular than the most popular song of AC/DC so don't come here pretending like GNR don't hold a candle to AC/DC in terms of media attention 

Data! I think (real) GnR and AC/DC are close. Closer than some on here are claiming.

1 hour ago, GN'R Forever said:

I say every Axl is besides mickey mouse Axl. Bon Scott is a different story but Axl's power and range far exceeds Brian Johnson's.

Bon isn't really a different story though. There's a reason Brian never struggled on a Bon song and yet struggles on his own. The Brian of 1980-1983 had all the range and power you could ever want in a rock singer. BIB, FTATR, and FOTS are all testaments to that. He set the bar really high and nearly destroyed his voice forever as a result.

Whose voice you prefer is obviously a matter of taste but if we're talking the sheer technicality of singing, I don't think Bon could have sang Hells Bells or Guns For Hire and matched Brian's notes and intensity.

Axl probably has the wider overall range between the three, but I feel like Brian doesn't get enough credit sometimes. To use Hells Bells again - as it was recorded it is incredibly difficult to sing. Even Brian changed it live to make it a bit easier. What makes the early Brian stuff so hard is that it's always high and always intense and that lasts through entire songs.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Bon isn't really a different story though. There's a reason Brian never struggled on a Bon song and yet struggles on his own. The Brian of 1980-1983 had all the range and power you could ever want in a rock singer. BIB, FTATR, and FOTS are all testaments to that. He set the bar really high and nearly destroyed his voice forever as a result.

Whose voice you prefer is obviously a matter of taste but if we're talking the sheer technicality of singing, I don't think Bon could have sang Hells Bells or Guns For Hire and matched Brian's notes and intensity.

Axl probably has the wider overall range between the three, but I feel like Brian doesn't get enough credit sometimes. To use Hells Bells again - as it was recorded it is incredibly difficult to sing. Even Brian changed it live to make it a bit easier. What makes the early Brian stuff so hard is that it's always high and always intense and that lasts through entire songs.

agree when i was young the first AC/DC song i heard was back and black

the combination of that riff and powerful voice was like heaven to me it just sounded so awesome

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Philipm787 said:

Out of curiousity Tom, would you like to see Axl front ACDC?

Ps- maybe you've already stated whether you would or not, I just haven't spotted it?

I think it would be a cool thing to see but I don't know given the reunion that this is the time for it.  I think a younger Axl could have pull off both without a hitch but I think 54 year old Axl should give 110% to Guns right now. As a fan of AC/DC I am not sure how I feel about it being that Angus would be the only original left on stage. Not that it hasn't been the case this whole tour but Brian Johnson has obviously been widely accepted for almost 40 years. 

All that said, if it happened I would tune in and pull for Axl.. It could be a pretty cool thing if he sounded good. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ulnar said:

Sorry to be a pedant, but surely the title of this thread is misleading?

Sounds to all intents and purposes that IF Axl is going to do stuff with ACDC then it's FILLING IN for Brian so that the band can honour their last few dates. In no way does that make him anything other than a helping hand. He's not "joining" AC-DC or anything like that, he's helping them finish their tour.

Again - that is IF this is true.

my thoughts exactly! and i's a big IF

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

It is actually pretty classic and everybody at the shows seem to love it..

I think people took that as he dressed like Angus all the time like when he goes to work or the grocery store or school....not just when he goes to AC/DC shows, which is what I believe you meant?

Brian Johnson had a very powerful "Donald Duck" voice back in 1991, it was like a mighty chainsaw (Check Thunderstruck)

Anyway, it would be funny to see Angus with the uniform and Axl with the Chicago 92 "uniform skirt"

15 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I think people took that as he dressed like Angus all the time like when he goes to work or the grocery store or school....not just when he goes to AC/DC shows, which is what I believe you meant?

100% what I meant. Everyone tailgating at the shows seems to love it and it isn't uncommon to see at an AC/DC show.  Drunk chicks dig it especially. He always sends me pics from bars during pre-shows parties with chicks having a blast. 

Some people are just too cool I guess. He has a blast.

• Like 1

It bugs me when people look down their nose at AC/DC. Tight as fuck! Chuck berry on steroids. They're so fun.... even funner to play. And yet most AC/DC covers suck ass.... there's a reason. Not as easy as it sounds. I'm in my 20's and people at work treat me like I'm a baby boomer. Get over yourself!

Edited by Ant
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

You sound like you like penis flavored lolly pops..

He is a nice guy. I am just giving the perspective from a die hard AC/DC fan. I even tried to tell him it might be cool cause I know he likes the Old Guns version of Rosie.. And told him that NuGuns did some AC/DC tunes. Even rare ones like Riff Raff..

I really don't want Axl to do this but I also just told a guy at work that was slagging the idea that it could be cool for a short term thing.. But I am always cynical and seek negativity..

Do me a favor and please stop quoting me.. Ignore me or filter out my posts.. Whatever you gotta do so we don't have to interact anymore.   Thanks!!!

I understand why your buddy would be pissed.... how excited would you guys be to see Sebastian front the last 10 shows of a GNR tour... you certainly wouldn't want to pay what a gnr ticket would cost to see that....

Don't get me wrong. I think i think it would be cool if Axl could pull it off... but 2012-14 voice doing AC/DC that would be the end of Axl.... if he was spot on that would be great though. But no fucking way AC/DC fans would get behind it

Edited by tkarmy
  • Like 1

It's interesting how GnR fans are all happy and exited while ACDC fans are in chaos mode.

Let's be honest though.... There's a number of fans here (myself included) who would support Axl no matter what he did. The guy could put out a hard core rap album with Ashanti and still have people on these forums supporting him.

Edited by liers

2 minutes ago, liers said:

It's interesting how GnR fans are all happy and exited while ACDC fans are in chaos mode.

Let's be honest though.... There's a number of fans here (myself included) who would support Axl no matter what he did. The guy could put out a hard core rap album with Ashanti and still have people on these forums supporting him.

Would work the same way other way around no?  What if Axl could not perform and they got someone else to fill in?  We would be freaking out rest assurd

14 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

Would work the same way other way around no?  What if Axl could not perform and they got someone else to fill in?  We would be freaking out rest assurd

That's true.... Although I think things around here would get much more violent.

Only in the world of GNR would we be on the eve of pretty much the most momentous reunion comeback ever and instead we're talking about our lead singer joining AC/DC!
"Due to unforeseen circumstances beyond mine and the bands control, management have double booked me with AC/DC, this mediocrity has left me with no choice but to switch

out all current staff and start a fresh, it takes time to replace people, so for now I'm cancelling all GNR dates" - What Axl said in my dream last night ;)  

32 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

Maybe, someone said it would be like Bach replacing Axl, but to me Axl is more like a Plant or Jagger so it would be like replacing Axl with a more legendary singer. 

I think ACDC's fans biggest worry is if Axl will show up or rant. They know damn well he can play the material but are acting like he's the worst. Out of all the singers that cover ACDC Axl does it best