Axl Joining AC/DC? New pic posted on TMZ

NachoLZ

If I were Angus Young, I would hire two (lesser known) singers and split the concert in half.

One singer than can sing the Bon Scott era songs, and one that can do the Brian Johnson era stuff.

It would be really difficult to find one singer to do both, and it might be a more enjoyable experience, too.

I know it probably wouldn't happen, but I never thought much of Brian singing the Bon Scott stuff live to begin with.

6 minutes ago, Lesty said:

If I were Angus Young, I would hire two (lesser known) singers and split the concert in half.

One singer than can sing the Bon Scott era songs, and one that can do the Brian Johnson era stuff.

It would be really difficult to find one singer to do both, and it might be a more enjoyable experience, too.

I know it probably wouldn't happen, but I never thought much of Brian singing the Bon Scott stuff live to begin with.

The only other guy who could pull it off would be Mark Storace of Krokus. 

52 minutes ago, Bumblefeet said:

This rumor of Axl joining AC/DC seems to be getting more media coverage than the reunion. :lol:

That's because AC/DC is a bigger band than GNR. Not by a ton, but a significant difference to merit different levels of media coverage.

The fact that the rep didn't deny it makes me think that there could be some truth to it.... they're probably finalizing the details if it's true.

It's on the news. A reunion wasn't even on the news... legitimate  news sources are already picking this up as though it's fact.

7 hours ago, Towelie said:

Nah, to me they're the dictionary definition of dad-rock. One step up from Status Quo.

There is a lot of Dad's in this crowd apparently 

Seriously you won't see this type of energy and excitment at a Guns show you just won't. I saw them in September at AT&T park and it was like this, these guys are a staple and I find it almost impossible for a person to enjoy rock music and not at least enjoy a few tunes from AC/DC. Why do you think it is trending and getting more coverage everywhere than an actual confirmed Guns reunion that's well overdue? Because to the rest of the rock world AC/DC is a bigger deal than Guns. Guns did it to themselves they went away and the fans moved on. AC/DC did it right and a rumor that is not confirmed is picking up way more popularity than a band that was once the biggest in the world getting back after 23 years. AC/DC and AXl if it is true I will be at a show.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, oachs83 said:

There is a lot of Dad's in this crowd apparently 

Seriously you won't see this type of energy and excitment at a Guns show you just won't. I saw them in September at AT&T park and it was like this, these guys are a staple and I find it almost impossible for a person to enjoy rock music and not at least enjoy a few tunes from AC/DC. Why do you think it is trending and getting more coverage everywhere than an actual confirmed Guns reunion that's well overdue? Because to the rest of the rock world AC/DC is a bigger deal than Guns. Guns did it to themselves they went away and the fans moved on. AC/DC did it right and a rumor that is not confirmed is picking up way more popularity than a band that was once the biggest in the world getting back after 23 years. AC/DC and AXl if it is true I will be at a show.

This was filmed in Buenos Aires

GNR has had some huge concerts there too :)

I imagine you are seeing some things on your news source because it's a relatively new rumor that can get some attention. It's not like the news has a lot of information to report on this Guns regrouping. I don't think Axl fronting ACDC for 10 shows in America is a bigger music story than a reunited Slash, Axl, Duff... Let's not go crazy here. I should also add that you can make the case the reason it's on the news is because it's rumored it's Axl Rose. If it were some of these people we've seen suggested (Buckcherry singer??), you don't hear a peep on mainstream news. So Axl is just as much a draw there cause he has the name. Like a Steven Tyler. Keep in mind Guns have sold over 100 million records themselves, and can tour all over the world. The way some of you are comparing the 2 makes it sound like Guns are an amateur act haha. ACDC has more sales and global fans perhaps, sure, but we are talking 2 mega successful bands here. Plus ACDC has been around 15 years longer and have released way more stuff. I don't think ACDC ever had the impact Guns did at their peak, but their impact has been more sustained no doubt. Sometimes I think fans get way too far into the aspect of record sales. If we want to go down that road, pop acts are going to make Rock fans feel like shit. Cause Taylor Swift can blow both of these "legends" out of the water in terms of popularity today. ACDC is fun but it's not the same to me as bands like Guns N Roses. There just isn't enough in the catalog for me to have the level of interest. But I love ACDC still, and hearing their kind of hard rock. No matter how similar it sounds one song to the next.

Edited by Sprite

Just now, blackieloveless said:

lets just stop pretending guns is bigger in any way than acdc  this is just getting stupid and I love guns but get real , acdc does not cover guns tunes live its the other way around for a reason.

guns had chance to become bigger, but they chose to implode and bye bye...

• Like 1

I feel like I live in a different world than a lot of people here, maybe it's because I am not a "rocker" but listen to all sorts of music (i find the bashing  of coachella on these forums ridiculous  as an example). 

Anyways, I am sure AC/DC is a bigger act in terms of ticket sales etc but surely GNR and GNR members create a bigger buzz in mainstream media, in "pop culture", among younger people, among people with a broader musical taste etc. 

AC/DC is a band strictly for "rockers", which is a group with an aging demographic,  and I don't doubt that they are the biggest in these circles. But GNR is a band that almost everybody has some kind of relationship to. I hang out with people who have a big interest in music but perhaps more rock and alternative than hard rock and metal, and if somebody would put on AC/DC during a party surely it would be a little ironic or "for the sake of nostalgia". They are e bit cliche, dad rock indeed. 

These news are trending because of the combination, it's newsworthy because it's Axl of all people. 

Edited by Changes

I'm just lost why people are thinking AC/DC are still in Atlanta. I understand that is where the next stop was but why would Angus and the boys still be hanging out there for 3 weeks.  This is getting almost the same coverage as when the Coachella date was announced. My local news station was talking about. It's just that only 6 shows are only confirmed and no one knows what the hell is going on in the guns camp. ACDC a way more reliable band too. Axl would fit the spot if this was a coupal of years ago. His voice is other great or horrible now. It's a hit or miss

29 minutes ago, Sprite said:

I imagine you are seeing some things on your news source because it's a relatively new rumor that can get some attention. It's not like the news has a lot of information to report on this Guns regrouping. I don't think Axl fronting ACDC for 10 shows in America is a bigger music story than a reunited Slash, Axl, Duff... Let's not go crazy here. I should also add that you can make the case the reason it's on the news is because it's rumored it's Axl Rose. If it were some of these people we've seen suggested (Buckcherry singer??), you don't hear a peep on mainstream news. So Axl is just as much a draw there cause he has the name. Like a Steven Tyler. Keep in mind Guns have sold over 100 million records themselves, and can tour all over the world. The way some of you are comparing the 2 makes it sound like Guns are an amateur act haha. ACDC has more sales and global fans perhaps, sure, but we are talking 2 mega successful bands here. Plus ACDC has been around 15 years longer and have released way more stuff. I don't think ACDC ever had the impact Guns did at their peak, but their impact has been more sustained no doubt. Sometimes I think fans get way too far into the aspect of record sales. If we want to go down that road, pop acts are going to make Rock fans feel like shit. Cause Taylor Swift can blow both of these "legends" out of the water in terms of popularity today. ACDC is fun but it's not the same to me as bands like Guns N Roses. There just isn't enough in the catalog for me to have the level of interest. But I love ACDC still, and hearing their kind of hard rock. No matter how similar it sounds one song to the next.

I agree that it is a bigger story due to Axl being the front man but this story right now is getting more pub than when GNR announced Coachella a couple months back. If you look outside of the GNR bubble it will show that. Around here of course it was the biggest story ever but outside this community it was not as big as some want it to be. Yes ACDC got a 15 year head start but also didn't take 23 years off in a sense. Yes ACDC released more music because it doesn't take them a decade to come out with one album featuring only one original member. Don't get defensive because GNR shot themselves in the foot and other bands kept chugging and stayed relevant to their fans. Guns is and will always be my #1 all time favorite band but I also realize that not everybody sees it that way.

33 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

guns had chance to become bigger, but he chose to implode and bye bye...

just sayin- he not they.

" Ain't it fun when you've broken up every band that you've ever begun? Dee da dee  etc etc...♩"

Maybe this is a good thing if true. Axl has always been the one who got to set the rules etc. his whole life. He called the shots and ran the show. Now he is just a hired hand, he can't pull the typical Axl crap and maybe will see how a different band operates and so on and it might be the best thing to happen and possibly change his views on some stuff?

28 minutes ago, Changes said:

I feel like I live in a different world than a lot of people here, maybe it's because I am not a "rocker" but listen to all sorts of music (i find the bashing  of coachella on these forums ridiculous  as an example). 

Anyways, I am sure AC/DC is a bigger act in terms of ticket sales etc but surely GNR and GNR members create a bigger buzz in mainstream media, in "pop culture", among younger people, among people with a broader musical taste etc. 

AC/DC is a band strictly for "rockers", which is a group with an aging demographic,  and I don't doubt that they are the biggest in these circles. But GNR is a band that almost everybody has some kind of relationship to. I hang out with people who have a big interest in music but perhaps more rock and alternative than hard rock and metal, and if somebody would put on AC/DC during a party surely it would be a little ironic or "for the sake of nostalgia". They are e bit cliche, dad rock indeed. 

These news are trending because of the combination, it's newsworthy because it's Axl of all people. 

I don't know if almost everybody has a relationship to GnR... a lot of people I know, who are into rock, don't like them, so people who aren't into rock at all definitely don't care for them.

But I get what you're saying, I think the deal with AC/DC is that you have to like the singer's voice... a lot of people, even into rock, don't like his style of singing and his voice. Plus I don't think they've had many ballad hits under their name, so GnR is still to this day getting more airplay on different radion stations than a band like AC/DC. The reason why they create a bigger buzz in media is because it's going to be the first time in 23 years that Axl and Slash are going to share the stage together, two 'icons' in rock, which most people thought would never happen. That's always special.

Edited by EvanG

1 hour ago, TheSeeker said:

This was filmed in Buenos Aires

GNR has had some huge concerts there too :)

I saw AC/DC last year at a sold out football stadium in Massachusetts. .. It was incredible.. As it was the first two times I saw them.

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, yesfan18 said:

I'm just lost why people are thinking AC/DC are still in Atlanta. I understand that is where the next stop was but why would Angus and the boys still be hanging out there for 3 weeks.  This is getting almost the same coverage as when the Coachella date was announced. My local news station was talking about. It's just that only 6 shows are only confirmed and no one knows what the hell is going on in the guns camp. ACDC a way more reliable band too. Axl would fit the spot if this was a coupal of years ago. His voice is other great or horrible now. It's a hit or miss

People think AC/DC are still in Atlanta because they were - it was confirmed by several sources close to the band that the entire band (Brian included) remained there to undertake band meetings to discuss the future of the band. By all accounts they have now returned to LA, but they hung there for a bit.