Axl Joining AC/DC? New pic posted on TMZ

NachoLZ

Just now, Lethalis said:

I would actually enjoy Axl doing something different for a change.

Axl fronting AC/DC for 10 shows would be a fun thing to see.

How about a new album if he wants to do something different? It's kind of a sad state of affairs if the only way to see Axl perform new songs is if he does covers of other peoples music. When did he stop being an artist and start being a karaoke singer?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Nah, fuck that. MJ had more talent in his boney white ass than ACDC could ever dream of. Not quite sure why you're making this comparison though, one is a timeless icon and legend of pop music, the other is a glorified pub-rock band. I don't think grabbing your crotch and doing a spin is half as cringeful as some sixty year old wanker dressing up as a schoolboy every night on stage.

Talent? Perhaps. But since YOU want to have this discussion, here we go...

At least AC/DC actually WROTE all of their hits, other people wrote half of MJs best songs, if not more than half. On top of that, AC/DC didn't write GOD awful songs like Heal the world and We are the world. Those are two of the most garbage pieces of music to EVER Grace the air waves. Im not even talking about the subject matter, I'm talking about the melodies and compositions, dreadful. 

Again man, I really like MJ. I even feel bad talking bad about him. But I won't stand for a hardcore MJ fan bashing AC/DC. I'm not having it. That's like a Madonna fan bashing gnr. Get out of here with that crap.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, SSHGUNS said:

If this turns out not to be true... got to say, its excellent press work as this is trending, news outlets reporting it and GNR reunion is just around the corner and you are not even spending a dime 

They seem to be able to promote the shit out of things that never happen. 

1 hour ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Talent? Perhaps. But since YOU want to have this discussion, here we go...

At least AC/DC actually WROTE all of their hits, other people wrote half of MJs best songs, if not more than half. On top of that, AC/DC didn't write GOD awful songs like Heal the world and We are the world. Those are two of the most garbage pieces of music to EVER Grace the air waves. Im not even talking about the subject matter, I'm talking about the melodies and compositions, dreadful. 

Again man, I really like MJ. I even feel bad talking bad about him. But I won't stand for a hardcore MJ fan bashing AC/DC. I'm not having it. That's like a Madonna fan bashing gnr. Get out of here with that crap.

That's complete bullshit about more than half of his biggest hits being written by other people. 

MJ hits written solely by MJ - Don't Stop Til You Get Enough, Heartbreak Hotel, Beat It, State of Shock, Billie Jean, The Girl Is Mine, Wanna Be Startin Somethin, Working Day & Night, Bad, Smooth Criminal, Dirty Diana, The Way You Make Me Feel, I Just Cant Stop Loving You, Leave Me Alone, Another Part Of Me, Jam, Black or White, Remember The Time, Who Is It, Heal The World, Give Into Me, Will You Be There, In The Closet, Earth Song, They Don't Care About Us, Stranger In Moscow, Blood On The Dancefloor.

^^^ MJ is the only songwriter credited on those. The man was a criminally underrated songwriter. 

MJ hits co-written by MJ: Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground), Push Me Away, Can You Feel It, History, Scream, You Rock My World.

MJ hits written by other people - Rock With You, Off The Wall, She's Out Of My Life, Thriller, Man In The Mirror, You Are Not Alone.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 3

AC/DC are truly one of the greatest rock bands of all time. The bluesy hard rock combo is done better by no one. The only drawback to them, and I say this as a fan, is that they generally don't make complete albums( besides back in black and black ice). Most of their albums I only enjoy 4-5 tracks per album...

with that said at any other time I'd love to see axl do this, but the timing is terrible. I want complete focus on Gnr and I'm paranoid about him hurting his voice. 

Oh...and Michael Jackson is the GREATEST performer/artist of all time hands down.

Edited by circusboy666
  • Like 3

What would the set list be like?

Back in Black

Fire Your Guns

Whole Lotta Rose

C.O.D.

The Jack (And Coke)

For Those About to Rick (Roll)

Thunderchuck

Jailbreak

Shook Me All Night Long

Riff Raff

Anything Goes

Hell's Door

encore

Let There Be Jungle

Inject the Smack

Have a Slash on Me

Paradise Titties

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SSHGUNS said:

If this turns out not to be true... got to say, its excellent press work as this is trending, news outlets reporting it and GNR reunion is just around the corner and you are not even spending a dime 

Exactly...I'm telling you this is all pre-meditated (well not AC/DC postponing shows), but someone in GnR is taking advantage of everything possible to generate hype and publicity without paying for it.  Brilliant really.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Exactly...I'm telling you this is all pre-meditated (well not AC/DC postponing shows), but someone in GnR is taking advantage of everything possible to generate hype and publicity without paying for it.  Brilliant really.

It really is. I'm with those who think Slash's initial comment last year about Axl was planned in the same way - the interviewer was probably tipped off to ask that. It's all been subtle and painstakingly quiet, but it sure is getting people talking.

As a side note fellow forum members - don't put too much faith in Ross Young. He said the band was retiring after Malcolm left. He seems to have a short fuse so I think he just cracks when people bombard him with questions about the band.

• Like 1

Not sure why people think its such a strange thing for this to happen? Its fucking ACDC, these guys are selling out 70000 seaters. Why would Axl turn it down? Its not like its Limp Bizkit (Tho I like some of there stuff). Whos got more integrity then ACDC? Def wont hurt his career and its only 10 shows.

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

That's complete bullshit about more than half of his biggest hits being written by other people. 

MJ hits written solely by MJ - Don't Stop Til You Get Enough, Beat It,  Billie Jean, The Girl Is Mine, Wanna Be Startin Somethin, Working Day & Night, Bad, Smooth Criminal, Dirty Diana, The Way You Make Me Feel, I Just Cant Stop Loving You, Jam, Black or White, Remember The Time, Heal The World, Will You Be There, Earth Song, They Don't Care About Us, Blood On The Dancefloor, PYT.

^^^ MJ is the only songwriter credited on those. The man was a criminally underrated songwriter. 

MJ hits co-written by MJ: Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground), Scream, You Rock My World.

MJ hits written by other people - Rock With You, Off The Wall, She's Out Of My Life, Thriller, Man In The Mirror, You Are Not Alone, ABC, I Want You Back, I'll Be There, Dancing Machine, The Love you save

For starters, your idea of "hits" was a little inflated. I revised the list for you, this is far more accurate. Secondly, i admit My statement about MJ not writing most of his hits was not completely true, You did forget about all of his Jackson 5 hits, which he didn't write any of those. But you have to admit that he didn't write ALL of his best songs. Where AC/DC on the other hand DID. That's my main point. 

Look man, I really like MJ, so me bashing him doesn't sit well with me. I just happen to love AC/DC MORE, and I take offense to the little pot shots you took, that's all.

I'm making peace with you, because I like you Towlie, I don't want to argue with you anymore.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, circusboy666 said:

AC/DC are truly one of the greatest rock bands of all time. The bluesy hard rock combo is done better by no one. The only drawback to them, and I say this as a fan, is that they generally don't make complete albums( besides back in black and black ice). Most of their albums I only enjoy 4-5 tracks per album...

with that said at any other time I'd love to see axl do this, but the timing is terrible. I want complete focus on Gnr and I'm paranoid about him hurting his voice. 

Oh...and Michael Jackson is the GREATEST performer/artist of all time hands down.

Those are the two albums you think are solid front-to-back? I'll give you Back In Black obviously, but Black Ice is chock full of filler. It's got like 7 good songs, out of 15. Sure, the albums weren't as good once Brian came on, but For Those About To Rock and especially Flick Of The Switch are still killer (I'll put FOTS on par with Back In Black any day). And then you've got the Bon albums - the only tracks between all of the Bon albums I consider filler are Love Song and Little Lover. Hell, I consider Powerage the best hard rock album of all time.

6 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Those are the two albums you think are solid front-to-back? I'll give you Back In Black obviously, but Black Ice is chock full of filler. It's got like 7 good songs, out of 15. Sure, the albums weren't as good once Brian came on, but For Those About To Rock and especially Flick Of The Switch are still killer (I'll put FOTS on par with Back In Black any day). And then you've got the Bon albums - the only tracks between all of the Bon albums I consider filler are Love Song and Little Lover. Hell, I consider Powerage the best hard rock album of all time.

Hence the name right!   I am not a huge AC/DC fan, but a friend is and he has said pretty much the same as you.  It's funny we actually almost got into a physical altercation about GnR vs AC/DC...but cooler heads prevailed and we hugged it out in the end ;)

• Like 1

Hope this happens. To me Axl is closer in style to Bon Scott than Brian, which is also a great vocalist btw and it's sad as fuck to hear about his condition. I understand Angus though. This approach of the show must go on has always served AC/DC well. The live shows are the main thing and they need to make more money. I'm not upset. Not anybody's fault imo and perhaps it's better for Brian not to tour anymore in that capacity, and not at all for at least a while.

Axl needs to remember the lyrics though. 4 rasp pedals chained together.

You know, I would rather see Axl with acdc in a live setting more than the reunion thing. I'm not bashing the reunion but been there seen that /  heard that. I'd love to hear Axl sing a complete set with acdc. He needs a side project anyway. It may inspire him with GNR in some way.

• Like 1

I´m huge GNR and AC/DC-Fan. Seen them both several times. But I really fucking can´t imagine Axl beeing in AC/DC.

But at the end of the day it sure would be a lot of fun to watch !

So let´s see and wait if it really happens ...

• Like 1