Axl Joining AC/DC? New pic posted on TMZ

NachoLZ

We're leaving this open since several media outlets are reporting it now. I think this is like the situation we had several months ago where they're all counting each others as their source, but whatever. For the record, as of now I think this is 100% BS.

• Like 2

This all started when Axl was spotted in Atlanta. 

From a source, him being in Atlanta had nothing to do with touring with AC/DC ...he went there to meet with James Gunn, director of Guardians of the Galaxy....who was supposed to feature AC/DC in his film. So from the whisper-down-the-lane effect, it somehow ended up being Axl is touring with AC/DC.  If anything (this is just a guess) Axl could be replacing Brian Johnson in the film. 

That's all it is.  No tour with AC/DC....he's going to be too busy getting 3 million per show with Guns N' Roses.  ;)

Edited by Kasanova King

Axl could potentially be the biggest rock star ever of this happens... He'd be the lead singer of two of the biggest rock bands around... 

"W. Axl Rose is an American musician best known as the lead singer of hard rock band 'Guns N Roses' and as the current lead singer of ACDC."

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, liers said:

Axl could potentially be the biggest rock star ever of this happens... He'd be the lead singer of two of the biggest rock bands around... 

"W. Axl Rose is an American musician best known as the lead singer of hard rock band 'Guns N Roses' and as the current lead singer of ACDC."

In a perfect world, yes =)

4 minutes ago, liers said:

Haha, that's awesome but he would not become the lead singer of AC/DC.. it is temporary :(

3 minutes ago, JeanGenie said:

It took axl 13 years to release one album with one band. And now he is playing in two ban ds simultaneously? Sure...

Axl's a big ACDC fan... If Angus offered him the gig I doubt he would turn it down even if it meant a little extra work for him.

25 minutes ago, DIST said:

I would only go see this if Pitman is on board too.

You and me both! Imagine axl screaming "do you know where you areeeee?!?!" While angus hits rock n roll train and pitman just pounding that sub bass!!

omg I'm so excited now!!! :headbang:

13 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

You and me both! Imagine axl screaming "do you know where you areeeee?!?!" While angus hits rock n roll train and pitman just pounding that sub bass!!

omg I'm so excited now!!! :headbang:

I'M ON A HIGHWAY TO HELL!!!!!!

3BNbB9.gif

• Like 4

This thread  should have been locked already.  My previous post explains how the rumor started and what is really happening with all of this.

Now I will explain why we as fans should use logic (our minds) vs. our hearts.

I'm a fan of AC/DC...great band.

They are nowhere near what a Guns N' Roses reunion is on world wide level with Axl, Slash, Duff (and rumored guest appearances). Not even close...not even in the same ballpark.

Axl touring with AC/DC, in the eve of an historic Guns N' Roses reunion, would be the equivalent of the CEO of a fortune 500 corporation taking a demotion to the mail room for nostalgia purposes.

Stop the nonsense and lock the thread already.  :lol:

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 3rd Wheel said:

What tour? All I see are six shows in April.

Axl said "Whole Tour"

alteast the guy that reported that has a picture with Axl giving his words a bit more merit then some radio host saying he'll front AC/DC

3 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

This thread  should have been locked already.  My previous post explains how the rumor started and what is really happening with all of this.

They are nowhere near what a Guns N' Roses reunion is on world wide level with Axl, Slash, Duff (and rumored guest appearances). Not even close...not even in the same ballpark.

Axl touring with AC/DC, in the eve of a historic Guns N' Roses reunion, would be the equivalent of the CEO of a fortune 500 corporation taking a demotion to the mail room for nostalgia purposes.

Thank you for talking sense :lol: it would be good to see but I don't see Axl doing it 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Axl touring with AC/DC, in the eve of a historic Guns N' Roses reunion, would be the equivalent of the CEO of a fortune 500 corporation taking a demotion to the mail room for nostalgia purposes.

When does Axl use logic?

Axl declined multi-million dollar offers for years so he could tour with nugnr. He spent tons of money on the CD sessions. Do you really think ANYTHING Axl does is going to make logical sense?

Figure 1: Look how the reunion is being promoted.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, liers said:

When does Axl use logic?oured

Axl declined multi-million dollar offers for years so he could tour with nugnr. He spent tons of money on the CD sessions. Do you really think ANYTHING Axl does is going to make logical sense?

Figure 1: Look how the reunion is being promoted.

The strategy behind the promotion of the reunion is one of "under promise, over deliver and let social media/media/press take over"....which has worked to perfection.  From a business aspect, it's genius.  G N' R spends little to no money in promotion and sell out every show.  Doesn't get any better than that.  As a fan the anticipation drives you crazy...and that's what it is about...that's why it works.  Viral marketing at it's finest.

Axl has always been a businessman.  That's the reason he owns the name. 

Guns N' Roses in Axl's opinion has always been Guns N' Roses.  Slash, Duff, Izzy left the band.  He stayed and made music and toured with the band.  So your "nu guns" argument is a moot point.

Edited by Kasanova King