Axl Joining AC/DC? New pic posted on TMZ

NachoLZ

9 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

Maybe Axl flew to Atlanta and took that pic just for the lol's?

A buddy of mine that in a band said to me exactly this last night and that almost all the BS that is going on is a secretly master-minded plan by GnR to generate mysteriois hype.  

He specifically said it would not surprise him in the least that the picture was planned and the Axl to AcDc rumors are planned to serve this purpose as well.

You all know MSL is the source of this rumor right? He's the "very very reliable" guy...he started this. 

But it regardless nobody has denied it in GNR's camp so that's why this thread should stay open. What would closing it do? There's a chance there's some truth in this 

I honestly think that if Axl came out swinging with his 2010 voice then it would actually help restore his public image. He's a joke to many people outside of the board. It's the sad truth - just look at the AC/DC boards. They don't even want him. However, if he delivers some killer performances in April followed by a GNR tour and then fills in for AC/DC later on - he'd truly be a major rockstar again. Then it would be a "not only did he reunite with Slash and Duff but he helped out the boys in AC/DC for ten shows" situation for the public to eat up. I'm sure Axl would get a kick out of playing with them. Just a guest - not as the permanent singer. Killer performances all around. I doubt it would affect the GNR tour at all.

That said, as much as I think it'd be awesome and as much I've been teasing the idea, I really don't think it's going to happen. Makes for some fun rumours though! Everyone in the GNR camp must be having fun sitting back and watching all this. For them, the silence is probably paying off.

Both camps are silent too about it which is only heightening the rumours. In comparison - AC/DC was quick to debunk retirement rumours when it was known that Malcolm was sick and quick to announce that they would tour with or without Phil Rudd.

Edited by James Bond
  • Like 4

I think lead singer of airbourne deserves the acdc gig personally. His a acdc fanatic. 

He sounds like a cross between Brian and Bon. More Bon but could definitely pull off both singers.

My opinion he would be better sounding fit for the band then what axl would be.

34 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I honestly think that if Axl came out swinging with his 2010 voice then it would actually help restore his public image. He's a joke to many people outside of the board. It's the sad truth - just look at the AC/DC boards. They don't even want him. 

I definitely agree if Axl came out in 2010 form it would be pretty great.

I disagree that he's a joke outside of the board. If anything, I'd say more are critical of him here than the general public. Fans tend to judge the harshest. To me, judging the reaction of the public to this news, based off an ACDC forum is a little silly. Look at that Nirvana thread now on the first page. A sizable chunk of the comments are not kind to Cobain/Nirvana. I don't think that is an accurate assessment if you asked your typical rock fan in public on the streets. Much like I think ACDC fans are probably hyper critical of ACDC's peers, in the same way a lot of GNR fans are of theirs. It's a defense mechanism in a way. 

For the record the few people I've informed of the rumor thought it was awesome. In fact, I think if you are to do a tour without Brian, the only way, at least for me as an ACDC fan, that it wouldn't be a disappointment is if you got someone like Axl or Steven Tyler. I mean ACDC is that rock band that everyone and their Grandma knows a song or two. So you need the star power to support that. I can't think of many outside of Axl or Steven Tyler who could do it.

Having said all that, I don't believe the rumor but it's fun to imagine. 

Edited by Sprite

1 hour ago, vloors said:

I thought axl was in Atlanta to see Erin Everly.

Wasn't that the original rumour 

Axl doesn't waste his time. He went to Atlanta to seal the deal with AC/DC, then had lunch with James Gunn and sealed the soundtrack deal and in the afternoon, payed a visit to Erin, had dinner together, watched a movie and then :heart:

Very productive trip!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Axl doesn't waste his time. He went to Atlanta to seal the deal with AC/DC, then had lunch with James Gunn and sealed the soundtrack deal and in the afternoon, payed a visit to Erin, had dinner together, watched a movie and then :heart:

Very productive trip!

And then Axl sang "Big Balls"

• Like 1

Axl fronting ACDC for a few gigs would be so much fun, I'd dig seeing him front that band.

Highly doubt it though.

Saying that GNR haven't confirmed or denied it doesn't prove anything, as they dont confirm or deny anything really.

Don't know what ACDC's communications with fans and social media is like, but are any of them open about stuff? - if so isn't it possible to tweet them or whatever and flat out ask if they've considered Axl, or if they want to put those rumors to bed? ...or is this completely unrealistic and not how social media works? (twitter & the like?)

they haven't cancelled the European shows yet which suggests they are trying work something out.

The 10 US shows have been pushed back, but there are like 7 Europe shows which land in the middle of GNRs supposed US tour..

This could be a reason why more shows have yet to.be announced, or why Axl didn't appear on kimmel. Might try to organise both tours through out the year.

my 2 cents

9 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

they haven't cancelled the European shows yet which suggests they are trying work something out.

The 10 US shows have been pushed back, but there are like 7 Europe shows which land in the middle of GNRs supposed US tour..

This could be a reason why more shows have yet to.be announced, or why Axl didn't appear on kimmel. Might try to organise both tours through out the year.

my 2 cents

This is now an explanation for why Axl cancelled Kimmel, that was back in January.  AC/DC didn't postpone any shows until March 7th, so those two things definitely do not coincide.

And, I doubt it has anything to do with more GnR shows not being announced either...again b/c the AC/DC thing wasn't an issue until March 7th.  

38 minutes ago, hudsonsaul said:

Axl fronting ACDC for a few gigs would be so much fun, I'd dig seeing him front that band.

Highly doubt it though.

Saying that GNR haven't confirmed or denied it doesn't prove anything, as they dont confirm or deny anything really.

Don't know what ACDC's communications with fans and social media is like, but are any of them open about stuff? - if so isn't it possible to tweet them or whatever and flat out ask if they've considered Axl, or if they want to put those rumors to bed? ...or is this completely unrealistic and not how social media works? (twitter & the like?)

AC/DC are one of the most private bands in the business. They don't tweet, and hardly post anything on Facebook other than a few pictures from each gig. The band may as well be disbanded when they're not on tour, it's complete radio silence.

20 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

my 2 cents

Definitely not a reason for Axl not to repeat on Kimmel - that was a month before AC/DC started this leg of the tour even, and they played 8 shows before Brian had to back out. 

This could've been going on for a while. Johnson has known that retirement was going to be in his future. I' ve heard that the last tour was supposed to be it for him. It's possible that the plan was to do this tour and get a new singer to continue to record and tour with the band....

That singer could very well have been axl, and he got the tour earlier than expected.

3 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

This thread  should have been locked already.  My previous post explains how the rumor started and what is really happening with all of this.

Now I will explain why we as fans should use logic (our minds) vs. our hearts.

I'm a fan of AC/DC...great band.

They are nowhere near what a Guns N' Roses reunion is on world wide level with Axl, Slash, Duff (and rumored guest appearances). Not even close...not even in the same ballpark.

Axl touring with AC/DC, in the eve of an historic Guns N' Roses reunion, would be the equivalent of the CEO of a fortune 500 corporation taking a demotion to the mail room for nostalgia purposes.

Stop the nonsense and lock the thread already.  :lol:

No... Acdc are big business. When they tour it's impossible to get your hands on tickets. And, I like acdc but I'm not a die-hard fan.  

Not the same as a regrouped gnr, but give gnr a year of touring and then we'll talk. 

2 hours ago, vloors said:

I think lead singer of airbourne deserves the acdc gig personally. His a acdc fanatic. 

He sounds like a cross between Brian and Bon. More Bon but could definitely pull off both singers.

My opinion he would be better sounding fit for the band then what axl would be.

I saw those guys play in a bar in KC. Honest to god, they had a stack of Marshalls big enough to play the Meadowlands in there. In a bar. Holy fuck- so loud it was ridiculous. Great show though- the singer jumped up on the bar and played a solo up there. Bunch of fuckin maniacs. Sound a lot like ACDC. Good call.

• Like 1

It's obviously not happening. its just no one has a clue so "why the fuck not"? This rumor is to the gnr regrouping what shaq is to Chinese democracy. It's a catchy headline but don't lose your seat, we've only got another 2 weeks for gods sake.

2 hours ago, Sprite said:

I definitely agree if Axl came out in 2010 form it would be pretty great.

I disagree that he's a joke outside of the board. If anything, I'd say more are critical of him here than the general public. Fans tend to judge the harshest. To me, judging the reaction of the public to this news, based off an ACDC forum is a little silly. Look at that Nirvana thread now on the first page. A sizable chunk of the comments are not kind to Cobain/Nirvana. I don't think that is an accurate assessment if you asked your typical rock fan in public on the streets. Much like I think ACDC fans are probably hyper critical of ACDC's peers, in the same way a lot of GNR fans are of theirs. It's a defense mechanism in a way. 

For the record the few people I've informed of the rumor thought it was awesome. In fact, I think if you are to do a tour without Brian, the only way, at least for me as an ACDC fan, that it wouldn't be a disappointment is if you got someone like Axl or Steven Tyler. I mean ACDC is that rock band that everyone and their Grandma knows a song or two. So you need the star power to support that. I can't think of many outside of Axl or Steven Tyler who could do it.

Having said all that, I don't believe the rumor but it's fun to imagine. 

Great post. Yeah, I probably generalized a bit with the AC/DC fan base thinking Axl is a joke. Too many thoughts on the go! What I meant was more that since Axl's image among the general music public is, shall we say, less than favourable (most people remember the bad about him over the good), then he could not only redeem himself in the eyes of both fanbases but among the casual fans as well who only seem to remember the "Axl Rose disasters" of the last few years.

Even people who bought tickets for Vegas are skeptical about how Axl will sound. If he totally blows everybody away with the April gigs, a summer tour, and then somehow fronts AC/DC for ten gigs then I can only see positive things coming from it. You're talking two of my favourite bands of all time so I know for me personally my music world will explode from the sheer awesomeness of it.

• Like 3