Axl Joining AC/DC? New pic posted on TMZ

NachoLZ

9 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

My buddy who is a die hard AC/DC fan is pissed. He follows them around Canada and the States for a few shows every tour. He even dresses like Angus.. He just said he is selling his tickets. 

Sounds like a nice guy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sprite said:

Dude. You also seem to have a little bit of a bitter/cynical tilt to all your posts here, so clearly you are seeking negativity, therefore I am not surprised you hear negative things.

To checkmate this conversation, I hear great excitement outside of these forums, and laughter at what some people on here complain about. 

Live and let live I guess:shrugs:

You "clearly" don't know a fucking thing about me.. There is plenty of things to be cynical about regarding this "reunion".  It doesn't mean I am not excited about it..  I just want it to be the best it can be.  I don't walk around outside of here talking shit about it.  One 50 something year old guy laughed when he heard I was going today because he doesn't think Axl will show up.. I was talking to my freaking 27 yo Refrigerator delivery guy about music and shows and told him I was going to Vegas. First thing he did was ask if Adler and Izzy were going to be there. There is a Guns fan at work that said "Fortus and Ferrer huh?" as soon as I walked in the day the drum head pic went out. He said "No Izzy, I'm out..I am sure there will be a DVD"..  I even said  "What if Izzy didn't want to do it".. He said it doesn't matter. I see and read this shit all the time. If you don't think there is anything to be cynical about regarding Axl and the reunion, you need to take off your Rose colored glasses. 

People that question the band here are just as passionate as ones that gobble up everything Axl does..

Again, we just want this to be the best it can be...

• Like 2

Please, please, please, please, please let this be true!!!! In some shape or form. This would be a dream come true for me - my two favorite bands and my favorite living frontman fronting my favorite band of all time. Honestly, I am more excited about the prospect of Axl fronting AC/DC than a GN'R reunion (which is also a big deal, but this is just something else). I find it highly unlikely though, considering that a reunion is finally here, but something tells me that neither Slash or Duff or anyone else would oppose this.

To all the naysayers - 

Yep, Axl with a Mickey Mouse voice singing AC/DC sings would be a disaster, but there is always hope - he came back in 2010 stronger than ever and I think he can and will surprise us. Can he do both Guns and AC/DC? Tough ask, yes. But this is Axl :P. You never know.

Even if it were just a part time gig, and only for 10 shows, this would add tremendous credibility and exposure to Axl and it would only mean more publicity for a reunited GN'R.

To those that think AC/DC are some little unknown Ozzie ( to be fair, as much British as Ozzie) band that should open for Guns or are irrelvelant or Dad rock :lol:. You guys are funny. AC/DC is arguably still the biggest hard rock band in the world and has long held on to that throne. Maybe a reformed Led Zeppelin would be bigger and maybe the Stones are bigger, but no one else can claim to be bigger than AC/DC. Yes, not even Guns.

Would Axl/Guns love to front/open for AC/DC? Hell yeah!! Aerosmith and AC/DC were probably the biggest influences on GN'R. Slash was on record during the early Guns days that it would be a dream come true to open for AC/DC (and Axl said that it would be the stones). As for Axl, apart from the late great Freddie Mercury, Elton John, and Rob Halford (he's quoted him as an influence from a technical standpoint), the late great Bon Scott was probably the biggest influence on Axl - hell, he often sings not one but TWO Bon era songs. He's been rocking out on Whole Lotta Rosie not just on stage as a frontman well past his prime, but as a fan in bars from the time he was an unknown. To think that Axl wouldn't WANT to front one of the bands he clearly loves and take the place of a frontman he idolizes - you have to be crazy to think otherwise. Yeah, GN'R were the claimants to the hard rock throne for the end of the 90's and the last great hard rock band. True. But I think that the Stones and AC/DC are the only two bands that GN'R would open for and AC/DC and Queen are two bands that Axl would love to front. The Gunners grew up on AC/DC. It would be an honor for them to open for that band or for one of them to front them.

Lastly, for the AC/DC fans on here - yes, Brian Johnson was the greatest singer in hard rock/metal from 80 to 83. But, barring a brief resurgence in the early 90s with Razors edge and some improvement in the last few years, his voice has been mostly shot. Its sad to see that it is hearing that has finally taken a toll on him. Anyhow, Angus has always been the true frontman of the band - Axl would be a great throwback to Bon era AC/DC for the fans. He sounds great doing Bon era songs and while he may not do well on the best of Brian (For those about to Rock,* Shoot to thrill etc) he'd be able to handle some of the later Brian era songs quite well. Personally, Axl singing Problem Child, Let there be Rock, Highway to Hell, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Gone Shooting, Nightcrawler, or TNT  (for those that think AC/DC have a repetitive catalogue, you have to dig back to find the golden oldies) would be amazing - they would fit his personality, style, and screaming banshee vocal delivery to a T.

PS - Let there be Rock, Powerage, Black in Black, etc - all great albums. But Highway to Hell IS the greatest AC/DC album EVER. Not a weak song on it. Long Live Bon.

Edited by The Archer
corrected song reference
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Sprite said:

Sounds like a nice guy.

You sound like you like penis flavored lolly pops..

He is a nice guy. I am just giving the perspective from a die hard AC/DC fan. I even tried to tell him it might be cool cause I know he likes the Old Guns version of Rosie.. And told him that NuGuns did some AC/DC tunes. Even rare ones like Riff Raff..

I really don't want Axl to do this but I also just told a guy at work that was slagging the idea that it could be cool for a short term thing.. But I am always cynical and seek negativity..

Do me a favor and please stop quoting me.. Ignore me or filter out my posts.. Whatever you gotta do so we don't have to interact anymore.   Thanks!!!

17 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

He lost his voice after Flick of the switch in 1983. Listen to 1985's Fly on the wall...he voice sounds shot on that album (he was 38).

I don't disagree - signs of his "Donald Duck" voice of 1990 were appearing by 1985 and it only continued to deteriorate for a bit after that. Granted, his power and control were at an all time high in 1990 even though his tonality had gone. I don't think he truly recovered a better tonality until 2003 but he's been pretty consistent since then. Factor in age and it's all the more impressive he can do anything at all.

I just meant that the video that was posted it's a bit unfair to say compare it to the studio version where he was 34 years younger.

• Like 1

Maybe it's just me but if I was a guitar player in a famous band and we just back together after 23 years and my singer was going on tour with another band I would be really pissed. If this happens this could be it after only 6 shows.

Edited by BigD62

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

You sound like you like penis flavored lolly pops..

He is a nice guy. I am just giving the perspective from a die hard AC/DC fan. I even tried to tell him it might be cool cause I know he likes the Old Guns version of Rosie.. And told him that NuGuns did some AC/DC tunes. Even rare ones like Riff Raff..

I really don't want Axl to do this but I also just told a guy at work that was slagging the idea that it could be cool for a short term thing.. But I am always cynical and seek negativity..

Do me a favor and please stop quoting me.. Ignore me or filter out my posts.. Whatever you gotta do so we don't have to interact anymore.   Thanks!!!

Out of curiousity Tom, would you like to see Axl front ACDC?

Ps- maybe you've already stated whether you would or not, I just haven't spotted it?

14 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

You have no idea how many GnR fans back in the 90s dressed like Slash or Duff.....or specifically Axl.

They also dont dress in schoolboy outfits. Axl and Slash looked pure badass. You just end up looking like an idiot as a grown ass man dressing in a schoolboy outfit if your name is anything other than Angus Young

18 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

They also dont dress in schoolboy outfits. Axl and Slash looked pure badass. You just end up looking like an idiot as a grown ass man dressing in a schoolboy outfit if your name is anything other than Angus Young

Hah, yah true, good point!

Esquire made a very shitty remark about Axl joining AC/DC and how it would be a trainwreck and how Axl can't handle his own band.

My God! Doesn't touring for 3 straight years with GNR and doing 2 residencies in Vegas get Axl any damn respect. So sick of critics talking shit about Axl without knowing all the facts.

If AC/DC hires Axl to be their singer, then it's their choice and I bet Axl rocks it!

I for one support anything Axl does.

Axl needs to sue Esquire for slander.

Honestly, I think it's time for AC/DC to retire. They lost their bass player and Young's brother to cancer and dementia and now Brian having his problems, maybe it's time to hang it up. I would hate it, but come on Brian has been a part of AC/DC for over 30 years. It's going to be tough to replace him.

Look what happened to Queen when they made Paul Rogers their singer. Come on!

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
adding something else

5 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Esquire made a very shitty remark about Axl joining AC/DC and how it would be a trainwreck and how Axl can't handle his own band.

My God! Doesn't touring for 3 straight years with GNR and doing 2 residencies in Vegas get Axl any damn respect. So sick of critics talking shit about Axl without knowing all the facts.

If AC/DC hires Axl to be their singer, then it's their choice and I bet Axl rocks it!

I for one support anything Axl does.

Axl needs to sue Esquire for slander.

Honestly, I think it's time for AC/DC to retire. They lost their bass player and Young's brother to cancer and dementia and now Brian having his problems, maybe it's time to hang it up. I would hate it, but come on Brian has been a part of AC/DC for over 30 years. It's going to be tough to replace him.

Look what happened to Queen when they made Paul Rogers their singer. Come on!

Malcolm was a huge part of their sound..maybe you're right. 

Ok so I took a look at Spotify after all this talk about this generating more attention than the reunion because AC/DC is a much bigger band than GNR. Top 5 AC/DC songs: 1. back in black 37M 5. TNT 14M. GNR: 1. SCOM 119M 5. KNOHD 50M 

GNR's fifth most popular song is vastly more popular than the most popular song of AC/DC so don't come here pretending like GNR don't hold a candle to AC/DC in terms of media attention

Edited by Changes
  • Like 1