Axl Joining AC/DC? New pic posted on TMZ

NachoLZ

9 hours ago, Changes said:

Ok so I took a look at Spotify after all this talk about this generating more attention than the reunion because AC/DC is a much bigger band than GNR. Top 5 AC/DC songs: 1. back in black 37M 5. TNT 14M. GNR: 1. SCOM 119M 5. KNOHD 50M 

GNR's fifth most popular song is vastly more popular than the most popular song of AC/DC so don't come here pretending like GNR don't hold a candle to AC/DC in terms of media attention

Ac/dc is pretty new on Spotify while Gnr has been around since The begining. If you look at plays/month Gnr has just 200k more than AC/DC. 

And Spotify plays doesnt say so much about how popular The band is as a live act.

Edited by jettesnel

AC/DC has sold nearly 71 million albums in the U.S. alone, making AC/DC one of the five top-selling bands in American music history. They have sold more than 200 million worldwide.
One of the group's best-loved works, Back In Black, has achieved RIAA 'Double Diamond' status, for sales in excess of 22 million copies in the United States, and is America's fifth largest-selling album ever.

After 168 shows, with an attendance of nearly 4.9 million and a gross of roughly $441.6 million, AC/DC's 2008-2010 "Black Ice" tour is said to be the second-highest-grossing concert tour in history, behind THE ROLLING STONES' 2005-2007 "A Bigger Bang" tour, which grossed $558.3 million from 147 shows.
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ac-dc-s-black-ice-tour-is-second-highest-grossing-concert-tour-in-history/#DK7FG35q83Z9LcrZ.99

OK - Roger Waters and U2 are higher now - so fourth -highest-grossing concert tour IN HISTORY

I've made a Spotify setlist/playlist and to hell with GNR, I'm all about AXL/DC now!

Rock ’n’ Roll Damnation
Guns for Hire
Hell Ain’t a Bad Place to Be
Bad Boy Boogie
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Problem Child
Dog Eat Dog
Back in Black
Sin City
Touch Too Much
Shot Down in Flames
T.N.T.
Whole Lotta Rosie
High Voltage
You Shook Me All Night Long
Rock or Bust
For Those About to Rock
Breaking the Rules
Riff Raff
Highway to Hell

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OJones90 said:

Malcolm Young's son reportedly confirms Axl

Can't seem to post the link for some reason. It's on NME's twitter

I know it keeps getting lost in the thread but I've mentioned a few times that he is not a reliable source. In 2014 he said that the band was retiring. He just gets annoyed when people bombard him with band questions and tells them what they don't want to hear. Think the "Ash/Slash" situation from a few months ago.

Edited by James Bond

I love the record sales comparison haha. Let's not forget "young weezy" or whoever people listen to now likely have many more Spotify plays. So that can't be the only way to measure. And yes, acdc has sold more records. They've also been around 15 years longer and have released/toured more. I don't think acdc ever had afd-uyi era fame, but theirs has been more sustained for sure.

Announcing that he's gonna front AC/DC before the first real GNR tour in 30 years (that the whole world is waiting for) is even confirmed is just idiotic form my point of view. I can't see much sense in it to be honest. I wish Axl concentrated now on the future of his own band (once it has some future again) and devoted his creativity and energy into making some new music with Guns.

4 minutes ago, Asia said:

Announcing that he's gonna front AC/DC before the first real GNR tour in 30 years (that the whole world is waiting for) is even confirmed is just idiotic form my point of view. I can't see much sense in it to be honest. I wish Axl concentrated now on the future of his own band (once it has some future again) and devoted his creativity and energy into making some new music with Guns.

I totally agree. And if an Ac/Dc announcement comes first , it will be a slap in the face for the fans of Guns. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I can't believe so-called fans of Axl are being so negative about this. Finally the guy is motivated to do something, anything, with MUSIC and all you can do is put him down, make him feel insecure about himself and literally turn your back on his own personal wishes. 

This same stuff happened with Chinese Democracy. Nothing Axl does seems to be ok or enough for some fans. No wonder why he wants nothing to do with us :(

He must prove that he can perform and sing with good voice both for Guns and AC DC then. In that case I will be happy for him.

CD was his fault,he waited for too long

• Like 1

If Axl truly pulls off both bands then that will be a massive personal victory for him. Conversely, if he shows up in Vegas with Mickey in hand, then it could also be a disaster. Still, it feels like the most daring "rock and roll" thing he's done in a long time. It's nice to know he's feeling motivated at the very least.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, batman007 said:

I totally agree. And if an Ac/Dc announcement comes first , it will be a slap in the face for the fans of Guns. 

Imagine both get announced at the same time - that would be some huge buzz for both sides. It'd be kind of interesting too since the situation with AC/DC is recent so all the planning had to come together pretty fast.